What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

southsport

First Grade
boys expect a couple of more loses

wat adam reynolds brings to the team is so much with direction,play and goal kicking and communication with defence with his outside men.

who i have been really unimpressed by is greg inglis supposed to be the last ditch tackle saver but has practically missed every single one.

another person who im not impressed by is alex johnston does not bend the line at all when he runs and is always put on his back.

what does darren nicholas bring to the team a hell not of nothing.

souths to lose the next 2-3 games spewing

Nicholls is a back-up player, AJ is slightly built and is not likely to bend the line.

Souths just need to hang in there and do the best they can ATM, get the NRL players and norths players back from injury and fit, then come home strong after origin is over.

Matrix

Juniors

wat adam reynolds brings to the team is so much with direction,play and goal kicking and communication with defence with his outside men.

who i have been really unimpressed by is greg inglis supposed to be the last ditch tackle saver but has practically missed every single one.

another person who im not impressed by is alex johnston does not bend the line at all when he runs and is always put on his back.

No need to panic ,similar things happened early last year you only need to win 50% of your games in the first 12 rounds then make a run,we dont want to peak to early ,let them talk up other teams and then we will make a run when the time is right.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Tom Hughes broke his leg early in the season.
Angus Crichton broke his hand (same injury as Walker) in the same weekend too.
Not sure what has happened to Whitelaw.

Cheers mate. I appreciate that info.

It's a shame about those injuries.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Nicholls is a back-up player, AJ is slightly built and is not likely to bend the line.

Souths just need to hang in there and do the best they can ATM, get the NRL players and norths players back from injury and fit, then come home strong after origin is over.

Yeah, Souths are a tough team with a steel to them with the way Madge coaches.

I reckon we will see some grinding wins even while Adam is out.

Rabbits20

Immortal
No need to panic ,similar things happened early last year you only need to win 50% of your games in the first 12 rounds then make a run,we dont want to peak to early ,let them talk up other teams and then we will make a run when the time is right.

That's exactly what I'm thinking too mate.

Hoping for a grinding, gritty, tough win against the Sharks. We've got the Raiders after that which is very winnable.

Getting the 2 points is the main thing no matter how scrappy it is while our players are injured.

Rabbits20

Immortal

Inglis is carrying a knee injury which is affecting his movement, so I can understand why he's not at his best.

Just his presence and leadership on the field is very important and he's still contributing and doing his best for the team.

I don't expect AJ to bend the line back, he's not that kind of player and he's not built too do that.

Hellray

Juniors
So according to the rumor thread we are signing Paul Carter this week, he could be a steal of a signing if he keeps his nose clean

Hellray

Juniors
That's the first I've heard of it.........two drink driving offences, is he a risk?

Well if we picked him up you would think it would be for pennies so the reward may outweigh the risk, especially with Turner out and our injury concerns atm

rabbitohs95

Bench
I haven't got a chance to see Carter play much but from what i've seen he has potential. If we offload Ben Lowe next year he could be a straight swap and can also play a bit of hooker if we miss out on re-signing McInnes (I'm assuming Aaron Booth the captain from the 20's will step up in that place).

doyen

Bench
Paul CARTER---great bloodline----Aussie schoolboys----NYC top squad--very much worth the risk!!

Supposedly,he has been working extremely hard on his rehab with the help of his Dad Steve, who was a terrific player!!Working 10 hrs a day putting insulation in ceilings---a lesson on the reality of hard work & also how well he can have it as a well-behaved NRL player!!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Paul CARTER---great bloodline----Aussie schoolboys----NYC top squad--very much worth the risk!!

Supposedly,he has been working extremely hard on his rehab with the help of his Dad Steve, who was a terrific player!!Working 10 hrs a day putting insulation in ceilings---a lesson on the reality of hard work & also how well he can have it as a well-behaved NRL player!!!

Yeah, but the NRL would have to register him to play.

Imo I don't think he will be allowed this year. For 2016 the NRL would allow him to return.

Hopefully he's learnt important lessons.

Carter could be good for us, he's got great potential.

Rabbits20

Immortal
That's the first I've heard of it.........two drink driving offences, is he a risk?

After the issues Souths have had off the field of course it's a risk.

The media would start crapping on about all the bad boy players Souths have signed if Carter stuffs up. We don't need the bad publicity.

I trust Madge though on whether he wants him or not?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.