What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galeforce

Bench
If souths don't win or at least play well in the GF this year I don't expect Reynolds to be the starting half next year.

oh please , did you not watch the game?
Reynolds won us the game in the last 10 minutes and was solid throughout.

That is a comment i would expect from a troll .

ram raid

Bench
oh please , did you not watch the game?
Reynolds won us the game in the last 10 minutes and was solid throughout.

That is a comment i would expect from a troll .

Huh? He had a great game thurs nigh and has played excellent the last month or so. But he needs to do it in the finals.

doyen

Bench
We should strongly consider resting Sam this week. We have made the top 4 which is the main thing. Positioning in the 4 doesn't matter too much cause it is all Sydney teams.

Without Sam coming back on we probably lose and our top 4 spot would have been in jeopardy. He is completely irreplaceable we don't want him playing and completely stuffing himself next week.

McQueen may have a rest as well his eye looks bad.

I don't think Sam will be fit enough to play.
The Roosters will be fair dinkum in this game as a win will give them the minor premiership.Sam will be on a hiding to nothing carrying injuries into a game like this.
He needs a rest for dead cert!!
We need him fully fit for the finals--a 2 wk rest at this stage for him is our best option!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
The Roosters will be fair dinkum in this game as a win will give them the minor premiership.Sam will be on a hiding to nothing carrying injuries into a game like this.
We need him fully fit for the finals--a 2 wk rest at this stage for him is our best option!!

Agree we don't want him to be stuffed up for bigger games, otherwise without him we are gone.

southsport

First Grade

doyen, Souths without Reyno and Issac will be looking at almost certain defeat anyway, so may as well rest Inglis as well as Sam.

doyen

Bench
doyen, Souths without Reyno and Issac will be looking at almost certain defeat anyway, so may as well rest Inglis as well as Sam.

I agree with that.
GI looks like he needs a break.
We could even win the game against the Roosters without Sam & GI & if that did actually occur it would be a huge boost to our confidence.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I agree with that.
GI looks like he needs a break.
We could even win the game against the Roosters without Sam & GI & if that did actually occur it would be a huge boost to our confidence.

I still think GI will definitely play, but I agree it would be good to give him a week off.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Rumoured that Dylan Farrell may be offloaded by St George for next year. Seems a bit strange considering B. Morris might be off to the Dogs.

Considering Champion is leaving and it looks like Merritt and Tuqiri are retiring we need another back. I don't know if we are getting R. Robinson from Canberra but it doesn't look like it at this stage.

For next year so far these are our backs:

1. Inglis
2. Johnston
3. Walker
4. Auva'a
5. Goodwin/Gray/Reddy

Damon Goolagong and Irae Simone won't be ready fo first grade next year, probably a big chance for 2016.

I think Farrell would be a good choice if he wanted to come back. I know he has had injury problems this year but I think he will be fine for next year and play a lot of footy. What does anyone think?

Also Reddy and Goodwin are off contract at the end of 2015 we could sign Dylan for 2 years.

I put this post on the other day. Does anyone think Farrell is a possibility to return to Souths?

southsport

First Grade
I put this post on the other day. Does anyone think Farrell is a possibility to return to Souths?

It has been discussed on other forums and the general concensus of opinion is that Madge let him go and is unlikely to want him back.

Galeforce

Bench
Huh? He had a great game thurs nigh and has played excellent the last month or so. But he needs to do it in the finals.

Correction : The TEAM need to do it during the finals.

I take exception to your post as you are saying , if the Souths do not win during the finals it is ALL Adam Reynolds fault and he should be replaced.

Please get a grip on yourself.

Just to recollect
1) we were knocked out of Finals in 2012 , after Reynolds was injured. We were leading when he was on the field. So Reynolds DID NOT under perform for us in the 2012 finals.Your post implies he did not perform.
2) in 2013 , we won the first finals game and lost the second against Manly.
I have never thought this loss was Adam's fault, which what your post implies. We had Inglis and Sutton carrying injuries and they were NOT at their best. Our left hand defence on that day leaked a couple of tries.Goodwin was also rumoured to be carrying injury.

Reynolds may not always LEAD the team by taking the game by the scruff of the neck , like
a JT or DCE sometimes, however he is a good team player , who holds his own very well in defence and general play. If we can find a young JT or DCE for the team , then sure , Reynolds position may be suspect , however I would not be rushing to replace him for any other halves at the moment .

souths_pride

Juniors
I'm hearing alot of talk about resting players but I feel that would be a serious mistake! If we had cantered to the minor premiership and swept all before us then I would consider resting players. However, the reality is that our last two games have been far from our best performances and our momentum has been seriously halted. The first 40 against the Canterbury on Thursday was mediocre at best and playing our best team against the roosters would allow us to work on alot of our structures in both attack and defence against top class opposition. Another reason why we should not/do not need to rest players is because the other teams around us will more than likely not rest players either; Manly have a big game against the Cowboys in Townsville and they will not want to go into the finals having lost 3 out of their last 4 games in the regular season. Melbourne, also have a crucial game against Brisbane down in Melbourne; Brisbane are going to be playing for their season so there is no way Craig Bellamy will be resting anyone considering they lost to the Roosters on the weekend. Finally, Penrith are going to be facing a desperate Warriors side who will be full of confidence after mauling the Titans. Both sides will have plenty to play for with Penrith vying for one of the coveted top four spots and the Warriors needing to win to secure finals footy. So given the nature of the competition and whats at stake, I would not even consider resting players. We are not that good a side nor are we playing good enough footy to be afforded that luxury.

As for Sam Burgess not playing, I watched an interview on the Souths website and he feels that he should be fine to play so I would use him but I'd maybe not give him as many minutes during the game depending on how the game is going. The other thing we've got in our favor is that Jake Friend is more than likely out for the season with a punctured lung and he has been absolutely crucial to them this season. Therefore the Roosters are without a hooker given that Heath L'Estrange did his ACL a couple of weeks ago and is out for the season too. Just on the Issac Luke situation, I really hope we contest his suspension because I do feel that Ennis was putting pressure on his neck!

souths_pride

Juniors

I take exception to your post as you are saying , if the Souths do not win during the finals it is ALL Adam Reynolds fault and he should be replaced.

Just to recollect
1) we were knocked out of Finals in 2012 , after Reynolds was injured. We were leading when he was on the field. So Reynolds DID NOT under perform for us in the 2012 finals.Your post implies he did not perform.
I have never thought this loss was Adam's fault, which what your post implies. We had Inglis and Sutton carrying injuries and they were NOT at their best. Our left hand defence on that day leaked a couple of tries.Goodwin was also rumoured to be carrying injury.

Reynolds may not always LEAD the team by taking the game by the scruff of the neck , like
a JT or DCE sometimes, however he is a good team player , who holds his own very well in defence and general play. If we can find a young JT or DCE for the team , then sure , Reynolds position may be suspect , however I would not be rushing to replace him for any other halves at the moment .
I agree with what your post on Adam Reynolds. The loss to Manly last year in the finals was more due to Manly playing well that us playing badly and making mistakes. What Manly did to us last year is their major strength; they are the most resilient team in the competition and are never ever beaten! You can be leading 24-6 against them with 15 to go and they can still find ways to win despite playing like s*** for most of the game. To beat Manly virtually every player in the side needs to be switched on 100% for the entire game and even that may not be enough. To beat them in big games like against finals it takes more than playing to the best of your ability; you've got to take the game to them like we did at the SCG a few weeks back. I could go on for ever about game plans to beat them but that's for another time.

With regards to Adam Reynolds, I think he is a terrific halfback! I my view he is arguably the best defensive halfback in the competition. Very rarely does he miss tackles or make defensive errors. His kicking game on its day is also among the best in the competition. In the 2012 and 2013 seasons, much of our success was down to tries we scored on the back of Adam Reynolds kicks into the in goal which earned us repeat sets. His ball in had skills are solid but they're not in the Cherry-Evans, Cronk, Thurston class but its a big ask to match those players skill for skill. I actually think he has the potential to get pretty close to that level but he's not there yet. What I would like to see him develop is his ability to run the footy; I know its not his game but if he could add that aspect to his repertoire it would go along way to him becoming one of the top 2-3 halfbacks in the competition. In summarizing his season so far - he's been good with out being brilliant but he for the last month or so on the whole, he has been one of the top 2-3 performers week in week out. I cannot believe there was all this talk in the media about us letting him go; it was only last year that he was talked about as being on the verge of rep selection.

ram raid

Bench

Just to recollect

Fair points all. Won't argue with any of that. However I still think if AR doesn't play well this finals series then Madge will be looking for ideas next year, and I won't be blaming him. Hopefully he does play well and it's not an issue.

Clearly Cody Walker has been been bought as a potential alternative. The fact is Reynolds doesn't have a great running game. As much as he makes up for it in other ways, it's still something Souths lack in their halves. Sutton is not a natural 5/8, either. Keary is a breath of fresh air, that's for sure.

ram raid

Bench
I agree with what your post on Adam Reynolds. The loss to Manly last year in the finals was more due to Manly playing well that us playing badly and making mistakes. What Manly did to us last year is their major strength; they are the most resilient team in the competition and are never ever beaten! You can be leading 24-6 against them with 15 to go and they can still find ways to win despite playing like s*** for most of the game. To beat Manly virtually every player in the side needs to be switched on 100% for the entire game and even that may not be enough. To beat them in big games like against finals it takes more than playing to the best of your ability; you've got to take the game to them like we did at the SCG a few weeks back. I could go on for ever about game plans to beat them but that's for another time.

With regards to Adam Reynolds, I think he is a terrific halfback! I my view he is arguably the best defensive halfback in the competition. Very rarely does he miss tackles or make defensive errors. His kicking game on its day is also among the best in the competition. In the 2012 and 2013 seasons, much of our success was down to tries we scored on the back of Adam Reynolds kicks into the in goal which earned us repeat sets. His ball in had skills are solid but they're not in the Cherry-Evans, Cronk, Thurston class but its a big ask to match those players skill for skill. I actually think he has the potential to get pretty close to that level but he's not there yet. What I would like to see him develop is his ability to run the footy; I know its not his game but if he could add that aspect to his repertoire it would go along way to him becoming one of the top 2-3 halfbacks in the competition. In summarizing his season so far - he's been good with out being brilliant but he for the last month or so on the whole, he has been one of the top 2-3 performers week in week out. I cannot believe there was all this talk in the media about us letting him go; it was only last year that he was talked about as being on the verge of rep selection.

Adam's a great player but he doesn't attack the line enough. It's as simple as that. Keary does, and maybe they will compliment each other well.

Status
Not open for further replies.