What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Adam's a great player but he doesn't attack the line enough. It's as simple as that. Keary does, and maybe they will compliment each other well.

I have noticed Adam has improved his running game this year compared to the last couple. He has been taking on the line probably about 4 times in most games.

But last year against Manly in the preliminary he didn't run the ball at all, not even once! The challenge will be for him to take the line on in big finals games. I think he needs to have at least 3-4 goes at the line in finals.

Keary has a natural running game and he will probably have 5-6 runs at the line and he has that creativity so you don't know what he will do.

Cody Walker I think is just a back up for some depth. He is 25 now so he can't be a better option than Reynolds otherwise another club could have picked him up and he would have played NRL a few years ago.

Rabbits20

Immortal
The Holden Cup team of the year just announced---no players from Sths!!

You would think we would hav got 1 in there. Irae Simone and Cheyne Whitelaw have been good.

Cam Mcinnes and Aaron Gray could have been there but both have had injuries.

doyen

Bench
You would think we would hav got 1 in there. Irae Simone and Cheyne Whitelaw have been good.

I thought McInnes & Gray were fully-fledged members of our senior squad!?
Wouldn't that make them ineligible for NYC???

Checked--McInnes not in our Seniors on Sths W/site.
What's wrong with him??
Gray not eligible.

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
I thought McInnes & Gray were fully-fledged members of our senior squad!?
Wouldn't that make them ineligible for NYC???

Checked--McInnes not in our Seniors on Sths W/site.
What's wrong with him??
Gray not eligible.

Probably cause they have played some games for Norths as well they can't make under 20s team of year.

Mcinnes has ankle injury gone for year

Hellray

Juniors

What happened to Simone havent seen him named now for a few weeks going on atleast a month. Is he injured?

Its the one thing i dont like with our main site, dont get enough injury or performance updates on the nyc or other junior teams coming through

southsport

First Grade
What happened to Simone havent seen him named now for a few weeks going on atleast a month. Is he injured?

Its the one thing i dont like with our main site, dont get enough injury or performance updates on the nyc or other junior teams coming through

Yes, I think Simone is injured.

Looks like Dylan Farrell maybe punted from the Dead V as part of McGregors purge.Anyone keen to see him return? Obviously not at his current rate of 300k.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Looks like Dylan Farrell maybe punted from the Dead V as part of McGregors purge.Anyone keen to see him return? Obviously not at his current rate of 300k.

Not sure, we need a winger but i don't think he has the agility or speed, but he does have the height and strength.

hurricane57

Juniors
Not sure, we need a winger but i don't think he has the agility or speed, but he does have the height and strength.

Stick with youth, goe with the guys we have, and let them know it.
They will repay the team in the long run.

I think its fair to say that the reason Maguire let Farrell go in the first place hasn't changed so I don' t see Farrell returning.

He'd have play really outstanding football to take Lote's wing position, cos I heard Lote's had an upgraded extension.:p:p:p:p

Rabbits20

Immortal

I would like to see him come back to us but I don't think Madge wants him. We do need to sign another back though for next year and it looks like the Reece Robinson rumour was false.

We still may offer Lote 1 more year though depending on how he goes in finals.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Stick with youth, goe with the guys we have, and let them know it.
They will repay the team in the long run.

I think its fair to say that the reason Maguire let Farrell go in the first place hasn't changed so I don' t see Farrell returning.

He'd have play really outstanding football to take Lote's wing position, cos I heard Lote's had an upgraded extension.:p:p:p:p

Signing Lote 1 more year would be good for his leadership in helping our young backs that we have coming through besides who's in the team at the moment Gray, Goolagong, Simone and others in our 20s who I'm probably forgetting.

hurricane57

Juniors
Signing Lote 1 more year would be good for his leadership in helping our young backs that we have coming through besides who's in the team at the moment Gray, Goolagong, Simone and others in our 20s who I'm probably forgetting.

Lote's in the team because he is in career best from, running hot mate.

No one is more surprised than me but there ya go.:cool::cool::cool:

I highly doubt Lote will be there in 2015 with the emergence of Tom Hughes and Aaron Gray this year.

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
I highly doubt Lote will be there in 2015 with the emergence of Tom Hughes and Aaron Gray this year.

Yeah you will probably be right. But signing Lote up 1 more year would be fine with me.

I think though he wants to go out on a good note and finish while he is playing strong. Rather than go out on the decline and play on too long. He deserves to go out well!

t10do

Juniors
Cody Walker I think is just a back up for some depth. He is 25 now so he can't be a better option than Reynolds otherwise another club could have picked him up and he would have played NRL a few years ago.

Have been keeping a closer eye than usual on Easts in the Intrust Super Cup the last few months. I reckon he wont be a bad backup to have at all. Has really lifted them since he returned from his hamstring injury. Looked decent over the weekend as well.

http://www.qrl.com.au/news/2014/09/08/finals_highlights_wynnum_v_tigers.html

souths_pride

Juniors
He could stay on due to his experience. A one year extension wouldn't kill us. He's playing some of his best footy in years! Although if we win the Grand Final, it would be a great way for him to go out.

Rabbits20

Immortal
GO LOTE, Go - what a player ha ha

Yes GO LOTE. He was playing inspired and with great passion he was pumping up the team at times as well and saying come on! stick at it!

He saved a try at 28-0 as well. Manly had an overlap and he jumped and batted the ball down too stop them.

He put his body on the line in everything his defense was 100percent commitment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts