What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

doyen

Bench
Maybe the NRL could continue in their JOKE mode & give Keary immediate exoneration.

After all he only pleaded guilty to prevent a possible 2 wk penalty!!

Maybe they could drag in Justin O'Neill for sending Keary sprawling & charge him with rough play!!That would give us all a good laugh!

Last edited:

Ttime

Juniors
Maybe the NRL could continue in their JOKE mode & give Keary immediate exoneration.

After all he only pleaded guilty to prevent a possible 2 wk penalty!!

Maybe they could drag in Justin O'Neill for sending Keary sprawling & charge him with rough play!!That would give us all a good laugh!

I reckon they are using this as an excuse to rest Keary with his foot. Probably not a bad idea with a run during the finals too.

Curns13

Juniors
I just have a kind of hypothetical question guys!

If Keary fought his SC do you reckon he would have got off too???????

Keary wouldnt have gotten off. I think his actually was a shoulder charge. The reason Luke, Taufua and Guerra got off is because they didnt actually do shoulder charges. Mason would definitely have gotten off. The judiciary has basically decided that it isnt a shoulder charge every time someone makes contact with just the shoulder. There has to be intent. Issac didnt have it, Mason certainly didnt have it and the 3 got off last night for that. That's my opinion anyways.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Keary wouldnt have gotten off. I think his actually was a shoulder charge. The reason Luke, Taufua and Guerra got off is because they didnt actually do shoulder charges. Mason would definitely have gotten off. The judiciary has basically decided that it isnt a shoulder charge every time someone makes contact with just the shoulder. There has to be intent. Issac didnt have it, Mason certainly didnt have it and the 3 got off last night for that. That's my opinion anyways.

Imo Guerra had intent there and shouldn't have been let off.

alien

Referee
Inglis 'positive' despite injury
Fri 21 Aug, 2015, 10:42pm
By Chris Kennedy, National Correspondent, NRL.com

South Sydney fullback Greg Inglis is positive his knee injury isn't too bad after being forced from the field in his side's 32-18 loss to Canterbury at ANZ Stadium on Friday night.

Inglis had aggravated a long-standing injury, according to his coach Michael Maguire, and left the field with just over 10 minutes to go while unable to run on it.

After the game, Maguire said more would be clear after the fullback was sent for scans on Saturday but in his mind Inglis would be playing against Brisbane next Thursday.

"Greg's pretty positive, but I think the medical staff are going to put him on crutches just to make sure," Maguire said.

"He's just aggravated what he's had week in week out a little more than he has in the past.

"It's obviously a concern, but we'll have to get a scan tomorrow and find out the extent.

"He's pretty positive but again we'll have to get a scan tomorrow to find out."

Pressed on Inglis' immediate playing future, Maguire added: "At the moment in my mind and in his mind he'll be playing on Thursday."

Inglis's teammate John Sutton added: "The way he was getting around in the dressing room he looks all right."

http://www.nrl.com/inglis-positive-despite-injury/tabid/10874/newsid/89097/default.aspx

Rabbits20

Immortal
I'm not positive about it, are you alien???

It looked bad to me.

In the NRL game day spoilers they were all saying GI was just injured as we were losing and that he's lazy and does nothing blah blah blah:roll::roll:

alien

Referee
I'm not positive about it, are you alien???

It looked bad to me.

In the NRL game day spoilers they were all saying GI was just injured as we were losing and that he's lazy and does nothing blah blah blah:roll::roll:

I am trying to be positive. It didn't look good, but sometimes that happens and they play the next week.

I haven't read the Souths game day spoilers thread, and I don't think I'll bother. Every week they speak so much bullshit.

Mackay teen bound for South Sydney Rabbitohs

screenhunter_06-may-28-1228-dgohyetdhil0q3yt7i2_ct40x40.jpg

RUGBY LEAGUE: Signing with National Rugby League team, the South Sydney Rabbitohs is a dream come true for Mackay's Sam Johnstone.
"It's a pretty surreal feeling, it's been something I've wanted to do for a long time, pursue a career in the NRL," he said.
"I've been playing since under-8s and always working towards the dream, finally it's starting to happen now."
Johnstone officially signed with the Bunnies last Friday and will move to Sydney by himself in November.
The 17-year-old said there were a few other clubs interested in signing him but he had a good reason to go with South Sydney.
"I've barracked for them since I was about 10-years-old, so the love for the club has been pretty strong," Johnston said.
"Their facilities are amazing, the coaches and support staff around are fantastic too, and they're a successful club."
The Mackay State School student is a man mountain and plays in the front row.
He will play this weekend for the Souths Sharks under-18 team in the qualifying final in the Mackay Rugby League.
Johnstone's coach at Mackay State High School, Craig Monaghan said if anyone could succeed at the top level it would be Johnstone.
"For a kid his age, he's got in gallons, the talent," he said.
"He's a good leader, he's the vice captain at the school, so he's got a lot going for him as well." "He is the kind of kid that will train and do the things that he needs to do to make it."
Johnstone said next year his goal was to make the under-18 Maroons team and play five under-20 games.
"NRL is definitely a goal, it's a long way away, I realise I have to do a lot of work to go there," he said.
"Realistically, it's probably four years away to try and break into the side. The sooner the crack the better, but I'm willing to wait my turn."

http://www.dailymercury.com.au/news/bound-for-the-bunnies/2747740/

alien

Referee
Great. I missed it!

So no damage in the scans???

Did they say it's just a strain??? Or??

they said it was the same niggling problem that he has had with that knee for most of the season. if it was earlier in the season, i wouldn't be surprised if they would rest him for a game, but we probably need to win our last 2 games if we are to make the top 4, so i guess he will play

Rabbits20

Immortal
they said it was the same niggling problem that he has had with that knee for most of the season. if it was earlier in the season, i wouldn't be surprised if they would rest him for a game, but we probably need to win our last 2 games if we are to make the top 4, so i guess he will play

Thanks, yeah he will have to play.

The Storm are in the box seat for the top 4 as after the Knights they'll play the Cowboys without Morgan and Tamou and then Brisbane. Bennett said in the next 2 wks he will rest some players.

We have to win our next 2 and need the Storm to lose 1 match to make it.

alien

Referee
Thanks, yeah he will have to play.

The Storm are in the box seat for the top 4 as after the Knights they'll play the Cowboys without Morgan and Tamou and then Brisbane. Bennett said in the next 2 wks he will rest some players.

We have to win our next 2 and need the Storm to lose 1 match to make it.

broncos will probably beat storm in brisbane. i reckon we can beat brisbane on thursday and then beat the roosters who won't have pearce or jwh. i can see us still making the top 4 r20. newcastle could do us a massive favour by beating melbourne on mon night..

Rabbits20

Immortal
broncos will probably beat storm in brisbane. i reckon we can beat brisbane on thursday and then beat the roosters who won't have pearce or jwh. i can see us still making the top 4 r20. newcastle could do us a massive favour by beating melbourne on mon night..

I hope so, my fingers are crossed.

We need Moanly to help injure some more Rorters next week:lol: it'd be good:lol:

You know it makes sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts