What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alien

Referee
watching sky news. i saw sutto on crutches and they said he might be out for the season, but he is getting scans. they reckon luke might be suspended for 2 weeks.. f**k

doyen

Bench
JS does have a fracture--confirmed!

Issac has been charged with a SC----2 wks with early plea---3 wks if fights & loses!!

alien

Referee
JS does have a fracture--confirmed!

Issac has been charged with a SC----2 wks with early plea---3 wks if fights & loses!!

not much chance of him fighting it and winning. it was a deliberate shoulder charge this time

alien

Referee
John Sutton suffers broken leg
AAP

Bad news keeps coming for South Sydney's shaky NRL title defence with X-rays showing John Sutton has a broken leg and hooker Issac Luke facing a two-match ban.

Still reeling from Thursday night's 47-12 mauling by Brisbane, Souths are set to lose stand-in skipper Sutton for the rest of the season after x-rays showed a fracture in his fibula suffered during the match.

"He'll go in and see a surgeon today just to get an opinion on that, and they'll make a decision there whether or not they'll have to go in there and plate that," said Rabbitohs high performance manager Troy Thomson.

"Hopefully we'll get some good news but at this stage we think that'll be 2015 done for John Sutton."

Star hooker Luke is facing suspension until the second week of the NRL finals after being charged by the match review committee with a shoulder charge on Brisbane's Corey Oates.

Luke can cop a two-week ban for an early guilty plea but it would be three weeks if he unsuccessfully contests the charge before the judiciary.

South Sydney's title defence is unravelling fast.

The heavy loss to Brisbane followed a 32-18 drubbing by Canterbury.

And inspirational skipper Greg Inglis is unlikely to be fit to face the Sydney Roosters in the last round of the regular season at Allianz Stadium on Friday week after undergoing knee surgery earlier this week.

Depending on other results of the penultimate round the Rabbitohs could drop to as low as seventh on the premiership ladder by the end of the weekend.

They will need to beat the Roosters to have any chance of a top-four finish.

Rabbitohs coach Michael Maguire was hopeful rugby league's greatest rivalry would bring out the best in his team.

"Yes I am, we are playing against another one of the best teams in the competition and we got kicked (by the Broncos) and we are hurting, next week we play against a team that has been playing well for some time," he said.

"We spoke about that in the changeroom and I will keep that to us and how we go about it. All that matters is what happens in that 80 minutes so I guess we get to tell that story then.

"I know the capabilities of our team but we have to play to that and we have a longer turnaround and focus on our preparation moving into next week.

On the Luke tackle, Maguire said: "Obviously the rule is there and we will have to have a look at it and see how it goes.

http://www.nrl.com/john-sutton-suffers-broken-leg/tabid/10874/newsid/89282/default.aspx

Luke Takes Early Plea

Fri 28th August, 03:23PM
A A http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/_jcr_content/par/newslist_95ce.rss

1440739524445.jpg

Rabbitohs hooker, Issac Luke, has taken the early guilty plea for a grade one shoulder-charge, resulting from an incident in the 59th minute of last night’s clash with the Brisbane Broncos.
The early guilty plea means Luke accrues 250 points, meaning he will miss the Club's next two matches.
The Rabbitohs will now prepare to take on the Sydney Roosters in Round 26 of the Premiership next Friday Night at Allianz Stadium.

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2015/08/28/luke_takes_early_ple.html

Godeangogogogo

Juniors
John Sutton suffers broken leg
AAP

Bad news keeps coming for South Sydney's shaky NRL title defence with X-rays showing John Sutton has a broken leg and hooker Issac Luke facing a two-match ban.

Still reeling from Thursday night's 47-12 mauling by Brisbane, Souths are set to lose stand-in skipper Sutton for the rest of the season after x-rays showed a fracture in his fibula suffered during the match.

"He'll go in and see a surgeon today just to get an opinion on that, and they'll make a decision there whether or not they'll have to go in there and plate that," said Rabbitohs high performance manager Troy Thomson.

"Hopefully we'll get some good news but at this stage we think that'll be 2015 done for John Sutton."

Star hooker Luke is facing suspension until the second week of the NRL finals after being charged by the match review committee with a shoulder charge on Brisbane's Corey Oates.

Luke can cop a two-week ban for an early guilty plea but it would be three weeks if he unsuccessfully contests the charge before the judiciary.

South Sydney's title defence is unravelling fast.

The heavy loss to Brisbane followed a 32-18 drubbing by Canterbury.

And inspirational skipper Greg Inglis is unlikely to be fit to face the Sydney Roosters in the last round of the regular season at Allianz Stadium on Friday week after undergoing knee surgery earlier this week.

Depending on other results of the penultimate round the Rabbitohs could drop to as low as seventh on the premiership ladder by the end of the weekend.

They will need to beat the Roosters to have any chance of a top-four finish.

Rabbitohs coach Michael Maguire was hopeful rugby league's greatest rivalry would bring out the best in his team.

"Yes I am, we are playing against another one of the best teams in the competition and we got kicked (by the Broncos) and we are hurting, next week we play against a team that has been playing well for some time," he said.

"We spoke about that in the change room and I will keep that to us and how we go about it. All that matters is what happens in that 80 minutes so I guess we get to tell that story then.

"I know the capabilities of our team but we have to play to that and we have a longer turnaround and focus on our preparation moving into next week.

On the Luke tackle, Maguire said: "Obviously the rule is there and we will have to have a look at it and see how it goes.

http://www.nrl.com/john-sutton-suffers-broken-leg/tabid/10874/newsid/89282/default.aspx
A clean fracture with no ligament damage (best case scenario) would see Sutton out for around six weeks before rehabilitation could take place.

Its possible that Maguire will be without Inglis, Luke, Sutton and possibly Gray for the game against the Roosters.

Rabbits20

Immortal
watching sky news. i saw sutto on crutches and they said he might be out for the season, but he is getting scans. they reckon luke might be suspended for 2 weeks.. f**k

Yeah Sutto is done, he will be in a lot of pain.

Issac was always going to get 2wks for that. He didn't mean it though.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Cheer up guys, no team can win all the time.

That's right.

Top 4 in 2012, 2013 and 2014:)

2 prelims and a premiership:)

9's champs:)

WCC champions:)

Top 8 in 2015:)

Compared to before Madge came these are really brilliant and outstanding achievements.

Our club has come a long way too!

I'm proud of the boys still, SSTID

DiegoNT

First Grade
Canterbury limped into the finals in 7th last year and were expected to be knocked out in their 1st game, then guys like Graham, hodkinson, Ennis and Co hit form and it wasn't until about the 70th minute that they were finally finish ed off. We've beaten the broncos, easts and Cowboys at our best this year. The finals are a different comp and if we can get Inglis, reynolds and George burgess playing at their best (and Luke if he comes back) we can give the thing a good shake up

doyen

Bench
Canterbury limped into the finals in 7th last year and were expected to be knocked out in their 1st game, then guys like Graham, hodkinson, Ennis and Co hit form and it wasn't until about the 70th minute that they were finally finish ed off. We've beaten the broncos, easts and Cowboys at our best this year. The finals are a different comp and if we can get Inglis, reynolds and George burgess playing at their best (and Luke if he comes back) we can give the thing a good shake up

One's never out of it--I've seen plenty of teams hit a purple patch at final's time--of course Sths will be in it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.