What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alien

Referee
i remember mcinnes was going to sign with st. merge but madge told him that he wanted to keep him because luke was leaving and he told mcinnes that he would be the dummy half next year. maybe that is why we might not sign farah...

Godeangogogogo

Juniors
Robbie Farah shapes as a bargain acquisition for an NRL team after South Sydney, who had been described as early favourites to recruit the discarded Wests Tigers captain, ruled themselves out of picking him up next year.

The 31-year-old's future beyond this season remained uncertain on Wednesday despite the efforts of his management behind the scenes in the past month when it became clear the Tigers premiership player was not in the club's plans.

Blasting the Tigers for an "outrageous" decision, Farah's agent, Sam Ayoub, said he had received offers from several English Super League teams but the NSW State of Origin hooker wants to remain in the NRL and preferably in Sydney.

The agent said the Tigers needed to "look up the word respect in the dictionary", accusing them of moving Farah on in an effort to deflect attention away from their poor performance this season.

"The club is in the position that it is because of, I suppose, an incompetent level of management over the years," Ayoub said. "I can't be criticised for being honest. That seems to be carrying forward at the moment.

"Everybody in management there has been there the best part of six months at most. They're not aware of the structure of his contract; you would have thought that they would have looked into things a little bit more before making such an outrageous decision."

Souths were the first club linked with Farah after news broke of the Tigers' desire to offload him, with the pending departure of New Zealand international Issac Luke to the Warriors and the presence of Farah's brother Eddie at Redfern - he is the club's physio - mentioned as contributing factors.

However, the premiers distanced themselves from a move for Farah on Wednesday, insisting they would retain faith in their two dummy halves, Cameron McInnes and Paul Carter. McInnes was in May re-signed until the end of the 2017 season while Carter was a mid-season arrival after being sacked by Gold Coast Titans. Titans coach Neil Henry also ruled out his team as a new home for Farah on Thursday.

The timing in which the Tigers-Farah split came to a head complicates the process of him finding a new home for next season. Most clubs already have their rosters for next year finalised. But with the Tigers so desperate to see the back of him that they told him he would be playing reserve grade and training part time next year if he stayed, they will be prepared to pay a large share of his $950,000 contract, creating a bargain for any interested rivals.

Ayoub said there had been offers made from abroad as he laid into the management at Concord Oval.

"We have been approached by a number of Super League clubs in recent weeks. Those that are seeking to place him where he deserves as a marquee player," Ayoub told the Big League podcast. "Robbie has got a lot of football left in the NRL."
Ayoub also refuted suggestions that Farah had played a role in the departures of previous coaches Tim Sheens and Mick Potter.

"Robbie was involved in neither of them - and that's a fact," he said. "Again this comes back to management. When you have poor management they need to fob attention for decisions that they make onto others and unfortunately that club has been littered with those sort of decisions over the last few years."

Manaia Cherrington, who made his NRL debut this season, is likely to be Farah's successor at hooker next year. Origin prop Aaron Woods, who has deputised for Farah as captain this season, is expected to assume the Tigers leadership

Source: The Sydney Morning Herald

Rabbits20

Immortal
Who knows what's going on in the background!

The last thing Sths would want at present is to destabilise the team with a GI defection.
I don't think they'd be too keen either to openly show interest in Farah.The Tigers don't mind as their season is totally kaput!!

I spoke with a guy today who is in the know at Souths and has connections.

He said to me GI will stay after this contract expired he's 100percent sure and that we will give him a pay rise. He said to me Souths aren't going to negotiate with Robbie as he's getting older and we don't want to spend money on him when we have Carter to do the job along with McInnes who is promising but needs more years of development.

He said to me that we want to use our money in the cap wisely and would rather hold onto Turner, Auva'a and other young guys yet to debut rather than wasting it just for Robbie.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Your lucky day alien, Souths have denied any interest in Wobbie!

It's all good alien.

There is zero chance we will get Robbie.

It's all media talk and all in the papers and its all wrong about him coming to Souths.

A man in the know told me we have zero interest in Robbie. I mentioned more about this man in the know with connections in the post above this.

On the whole it is a very wise decision not to waste our cap on Robbie who is past his best now.

The Tigers management/everything is in complete shambles.

Just sit back and laugh alien, I think it's hilarious:lol::lol::lol::lol:

rabbitohs95

Bench
Cheers for the info R20

I'm more than happy for the club to go whichever way, however sticking it out with Cam and Paul might be the best option.

The competition between them will spur them both to greater heights and I have no doubt one of them will be our 80 minute star hooker for years to come.

Very excited to see how they go and I wish Farah the best wherever he goes.

Rabbits20

Immortal
yeah but he already has a contract with wt. if he can't get a contract with another club where he gets as much money, then he can turn around and say to wt that they have to keep him or atleast pay him his money that is on the contract, and that contract is until the end of 2017

True.

The Tigers are in a massive mess.

Overall they have gotten rid of so many quality players who are going brilliantly elsewhere.

The culture at the Tigers is absolutely shocking!!!!!

So Farah is on 950k. He's not worth that. Geez I repeat again they have massive problems with dumb dumb dumb dumb management.

I'll just relax and keep laughing at them continuing to implode:lol::lol:

alien

Referee
farah wouldnt necessarily have to use up much salary cap space though. a third party could pay him most of it, along with wt

Rabbits20

Immortal
Cheers for the info R20

I'm more than happy for the club to go whichever way, however sticking it out with Cam and Paul might be the best option.

The competition between them will spur them both to greater heights and I have no doubt one of them will be our 80 minute star hooker for years to come.

Very excited to see how they go and I wish Farah the best wherever he goes.

No problems at all mate.

alien

Referee
i reckon he would probably go well at souths. taylor isn't letting him play his game at wt. madge would get the best out of him imo

rabbitohs95

Bench
I'm on the fence atm about this I don't really mind I think Farah could really suit us and get back into his prime seeing as we have a great lineup, leadership team, coaching staff and facilities.

Everything here is 100 times better than at Wests.

Rabbits20

Immortal
farah wouldnt necessarily have to use up much salary cap space though. a third party could pay him most of it, along with wt

True.

I don't think we need him though. But then again I think to myself he has great experience.

Tbh I'm not confident in McInnes yet.

But I'm confident in the ability of Carter to play hooker.

Rabbits20

Immortal
i reckon he would probably go well at souths. taylor isn't letting him play his game at wt. madge would get the best out of him imo

He would go very well at Souths, that's for certain.

Of course Madge would get the best out of him.

The Tigers club is being run even more dodgy than a little dodgy store on the side of the road overseas:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Souths is run extremely professionally:D

Godeangogogogo

Juniors
Farah has very few options due to the timing of the announcement from Wests Tigers and the financial restraints of the NRL salary cap.

Leeds and Salford seem like possible destinations with Super League clubs looking to make an impact on and off the field following the introduction of the "marquee player"

Big things are expected of Cameron McInnes in and out of South Sydney. His decision to backflip on a deal to join St George back in May would have surely been influenced by a promise of more 1st grade minutes following the announcement of Isaac Luke's departure to New Zealand at the end of this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts