What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabbits20

Immortal
RLW--Telecrap--forums etc--just rumours-----they've
been 'round for a while.

Rumours that some players reckoned they were trained into the ground in pre-season & that this is the reason for the present burn-out!

Ok.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Anthony Maroon on triple m who supports Souths and has connections with high up people has said that it's not a matter of if S. Burgess returns to Souths it's matter of when.

Imo it could be 2017.

Other reports saying Salford is after Sam for next year and are going to offer him heaps of money as a marquee signing.

southsport

First Grade
Anthony Maroon on triple m who supports Souths and has connections with high up people has said that it's not a matter of if S. Burgess returns to Souths it's matter of when.

Imo it could be 2017.

Other reports saying Salford is after Sam for next year and are going to offer him heaps of money as a marquee signing.

Apparently in ESL the salary cap doesn't apply to players signed from rugby union, so Marwan Koukash/Salford can offer Sam any amount to play for them and it has been said that they are planning to do so.

southsport

First Grade
hmmm i wonder if they are trying to free up some salary cap space for someone. . .

p.s. was stewart told that he'd play in the nsw cup side next year if he didn't leave??? ;-)

Apparently Burgess manager is looking at ESL for him, Catalans has been mentioned.

Jubileeboy

First Grade
The rumour is still rife that there is trouble brewing at Sths regarding Maguire.

The ill discipline could be related to the coach!!??

Been told the very same thing 2 weeks back. I actually thought he would jump to Newcastle.
Smoke and fire and all that

souths_pride

Juniors
Been told the very same thing 2 weeks back. I actually thought he would jump to Newcastle.
Smoke and fire and all that
These rumours always seems to crop up when we are losing! What I would like to know is that if our squad is so ill-disciplined and Maguire is so hellbent on running the team likes its the army, then why has he barely dropped any players to reserve grade this season for their misconduct?

Rabbits20

Immortal
Glen Stewart told to look elsewhere.

Wow.

Thanks for the info. Of course it may not happen we will just have to see.

Looks like McQueen and Turner will stay southsport at this stage.

Do you reckon we could be freeing up money for Farah???

Rabbits20

Immortal
These rumours always seems to crop up when we are losing! What I would like to know is that if our squad is so ill-disciplined and Maguire is so hellbent on running the team likes its the army, then why has he barely dropped any players to reserve grade this season for their misconduct?

Very good points you raise. Yeah our players discipline hasn't been good this season.

Imo as well Madge hasn't been as ruthless this year.

He's actually been quite weak on dropping players. The players actually haven't been held accountable and dropped like previous seasons. We still have reasonable depth too so he could have dropped players.

alien

Referee
Apparently Burgess manager is looking at ESL for him, Catalans has been mentioned.

his manager would be looking at the highest amount of money offered, but who knows. maybe sam would be willing to make a little less so he could come back to souths. he might want to be back in sydney with his brothers and mother too

Godeangogogogo

Juniors
Sunday's elimination final could be Glenn Stewart’s final game for South Sydney with the former Test forward considering quitting the NRL to join the English Super League.

Stewart, who still has one year remaining on his deal with the Rabbitohs next season, is eager to explore his options overseas and has engaged UK-based manger Chris Caisely to assist in the process.

Caisely is the manager of rugby union convert and former South Sydney premiership-winner Sam Burgess.

Stewart has openly discussed his desire to finish his stint with the Rabbitohs at the end of this season with close friends and family.

Source: Fox Sports

doyen

Bench

Not too sure what's going on at Sths but the rumours do persist about unrest.

I can only guess!

Madge has stuck stubbornly to players throughout the season who probably needed long stints at the Bears.This means that players at the Bears must wonder what they must do to get a chance!??[eg.Cody Walker,who had been on fire at the time Reynolds was injured & found JS moved back from the pack to 5/8].

We have,it appears,found it difficult to attract top replacements for Sam & Teo;who LEFT the club for reasons we wouldn't really know about!??

Our recruitment has been ordinary to say the least, especially in the backline.

Now only one year into a 2 contract Stewart wants out!

One of the stories circulating was that some of the players were very unhappy with their severe pre-season regime that occurred on top of their extra World Champ game etc. & the burn-out it may cause.

There has also,allegedly, been a problem with the head-down,arse-up style to which Madge seems addicted----his strict & severe disciplinary approach also questioned.

I don't know what recruitment is on the horizon for 2016 but Grant & Stewart haven't exactly set the world on fire since their additions to the club.Now Stewart wants out.

I noticed in the RLW Player's POLL[100 top NRL players questioned]---

Who is the best coach??

Result. Bennett 33% Bellamy 31% Robinson 11% Green 5% Others 20%[Madge amongst the also-rans]

And this is after Sths winning a p/ship & still in the 8 for 2015!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.