What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alien

Referee
What I find interesting is that everyone seems to have changed their tune of Ben Teo. I think people are forgetting how ordinary he was for the first half of last season; it was only in the latter rounds that he ran into his decent form. In saying this, people on here also didn't like his attitude and the fact that he had a persecution complex; in general I felt a lot of Souths fan were happy to see him go.

i wasn't happy to see him go. i would be happy with him returning

alien

Referee
just saw on sky news a press conference where sam burgess was asked about the rumours about him returning to souths, and he denied it.

Sam completely denied leaving for Union in the first place. Then he left for Union.

Sam says whatever suits his agenda at the time. It wouldn't be in his interest to talk about leaving Union right before the World Cup.

Let's just wait and see where he ends up.

southsport

First Grade
Sam completely denied leaving for Union in the first place. Then he left for Union.

Sam says whatever suits his agenda at the time. It wouldn't be in his interest to talk about leaving Union right before the World Cup.

Let's just wait and see where he ends up.

If he said he was leaving after the WC they may not select him. There seem to be enough people in English rugby that don't want him there now.

doyen

Bench
Some sources making it sound like he's already gone but sources at Souths say that Olive is already signed for 2016.

I don't know how often Zerotackle updates but they have him down as an off-contract centre!

Maybe Sths have re-signed him in the meantime--I hope so!

Godeangogogogo

Juniors
Sam Burgess has denied speculation he is looking to make a return to the NRL next year for South Sydney, and his coaches believe he’ll stay in English rugby until the 2019 World Cup.

Burgess has been named on England’s bench for the World Cup opener against Fiji on Friday at Twickenham, but the ever-present media attention on the 26-year-old this week has been about reports of a possible switch back to rugby league.

The Rabbitohs have been amassing a war chest to make a play at bringing Burgess back to the club next year after a poor season in his absence, and speculation floating out of Redfern is that the big forward is not enjoying rugby.

But Burgess has moved to shut down the rumours.

“I can completely deny it, there is no truth in it and I haven’t had a word from Australia. I don’t know where it has come from but it’s definitely not true,” Burgess told reporters.

“Let’s just crack on because I haven’t heard anything. Once I made the decision to come over, one of my goals was to play in this World Cup and it’s here now.

“For me I have just got to get out there and do my bit for the team and this country. I will give it my heart.”

England coach Stuart Lancaster backed the assessment off Bath counterpart Mike Ford in saying that he believed Burgess would not only see out his contract through to 2017, but stay in union until the 2019 World Cup as well.

“I had a long conversation with Sam and it wasn’t mentioned once. I don’t consider it an issue,” Lancaster told media.

“He has come to rugby union because he wants to play international rugby union and he has ambitions further down the line to make it beyond just England. He wants to play in this World Cup and the next World Cup.”

Source: Fox Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts