What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Race lines up NRL's quick men

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
Having seen a couple of Isaac Gordon's runs for Cronulla, he'd have to be up there ... especially on the back of that run in Brisbane, he ran the "Lord Ted swerve", starting from the left sideline, and absolutely blitzed about 6 Broncos players.

And then the other Gordon, Kevin at Gold Coast, is bloody quick ... that first try he scored against Manly a few weeks back, he got the ball and within about 5 seconds he had gone from 10m his own side of halfway to putting the ball down over the line, with all the Manly players still on halfway thinking "WTF?!"

Uate, Lawrence, B Morris all quick too.

Doga

Juniors
At the Dogs probably Ben Barba would be the quickest.
Josh Morris who easily ran down Hayne last year 2nd

By Position at the Dogs:

Backs: Josh Morris
Halves: Ben Barba
Forwards: Yileen Gordon i guess

Last edited:

Fibroman

First Grade
Yeah well I clocked 11.2 at Narabeen aged 28 with semi man boobs, custard guts and had 10 schooners at the Steyne Hotel the night before. That's running.

Liddell

Juniors
Merritt would have been up there before he did his knee in 2007.

Uate is the quickest now, i rekon only Jennings could match his acceleration off the mark.

aqua_duck

Coach
At the Dogs probably Ben Barba would be the quickest.
Josh Morris who easily ran down Hayne last year 2nd

By Position at the Dogs:

Backs: Josh Morris
Halves: Ben Barba
Forwards: Yileen Gordon i guess
Are you speaking about the game last year when Hayne made a 60m kick return and had gone past about 5 bulldogs players before Morris ran him down? Hardly a fair indication considering 5 guys helped slow Hayne down

petetheileet

First Grade
Over 100m Brett Morris would have to be a chance....has a very long stride and maintains a top speed very easily...

Jennings and Soward would be leading after 30 or 40 though

Doga

Juniors
Are you speaking about the game last year when Hayne made a 60m kick return and had gone past about 5 bulldogs players before Morris ran him down? Hardly a fair indication considering 5 guys helped slow Hayne down

No I am not

ashee9

Juniors
i dont think you can refer back to games and say this person ran down so and so because you have to take other factors into consideration e.g. how many players they had to beat before getting chased down, injuries, tripping on the field etc etc.

having said that, i think lawrence or uate will take it out.

yobbo84

First Grade
The fastest bloke I've ever seen on a Rugby League field was Joven Clarke. Too bad he couldn't play very well.

Right now I'd say the fastest over 100m would be Greg Inglis. GI only runs as fast as he needs to - I bet even he doesn't even know how fast he can really run.

this is something that i think they should incorporate into an All Stars weekend on the weekend of the all stars/indig game as well as a goalkicking comp and a skills challenge or something

pedge

Juniors
this is something that i think they should incorporate into an All Stars weekend on the weekend of the all stars/indig game as well as a goalkicking comp and a skills challenge or something

+1
The best thing ive read on here!
That would be unreal, provided the stars would take part!