What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Race lines up NRL's quick men

shiznit

Coach
how about the fastest in each position? i'm probably off the mark but...

Fullback - Hayne
Winger - Uate
Centre - Lawrence
5/8 - Barba
Halfback - Soward
Lock - Creagh (?)
Second Row - Mason
Front Row - No idea...Blair?
Hooker - Luke (?)

would he be racing backwards with justin hodges chasing him??

SDM

First Grade
Not true. Slippery Steve Morris (father of twins Brett and Josh) was the fastest player in the comp in the early 80's and he had a match race at Wentworth Park vs Steve Mortimer. Slippery blew him away that night and it's good to see his twin sons have inherited the old man's speed. They must have got their size from their mum as Slippery was pint sized.

And the mong features from the fact they were related?

Big Mick

Referee
tbh. Jennings even admitted last night that his knee is limiting him.

But I didn't think it was that bad!

But like I said earlier in the thread, Jenning's has an advantage with quick lateral movement and burst over 20-40m.

After that in a straight line Brad Tighe and Michael Gordon are the quickest at Penrith with Coote not far behind.

With the way Gordon caught both Morris and Jennings, Gordon may be a contender now haha.

Doomednow

Bench
That was a good chase by Morris. Either Jennings is quick off the mark but is starting to lose some speed as he tries to improve his defence, or his knee isn't 100 per cent. Either way I doubt he'd be a winner in the race anymore.

Last edited:

aussies1st

Staff member
Even at 100% fitness I don't think Jennings could beat Morris based on what we saw last night, unless his knee is causing him to go at 70% as Morris was about 30% quicker.

Big Mick

Referee
Even at 100% fitness I don't think Jennings could beat Morris based on what we saw last night, unless his knee is causing him to go at 70% as Morris was about 30% quicker.

From what I saw of him last night..if I compared that sprint last night, to the one where he went 108m last year vs the Roosters. He was probably 50% slower.

He didn't have explosiveness off that knee and seemed he was limping as he was sprinting.

He definately isn't very confident on it.

Doga

Juniors
I would say that Jennings was hobbling at 10% actually :sarcasm:

Last edited:
Remember Tahu back in about 04 for the Knights running down Wesser when he had about a 20 metre start, he'd still be up there I reckon.

Johns Magic

Referee
Remember Tahu back in about 04 for the Knights running down Wesser when he had about a 20 metre start, he'd still be up there I reckon.

Brian Carney was way faster than Tahu imo. It was amazing because he doesn't look like he'd be that rapid but he chased a bunch of speedsters down easily when he played for us.

Obviously he's not in the NRL anymore but just thought he deserved a shoutout.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSGiVB3SYU0

Rapid

Big Mick

Referee
Haha I love this.

Admitting an excuse.

"Jennings admitted that usually he's way faster".

He wasn't saying it was an excuse. He just said it was bothering him, he didn't need an excuse...he set up a try...lol

It doesn't take a Scholar to know that Jennings is struggling for top speed with that knee.

Johns Magic

Referee
He wasn't saying it was an excuse. He just said it was bothering him, he didn't need an excuse...he set up a try...lol

It doesn't take a Scholar to know that Jennings is struggling for top speed with that knee.

It was the use of the word "admitting" in that context that made it funny that's all.

Big Mick

Referee
Well it was an admission. For weeks people were questioning him saying that he was limited and the knee was bothering him, with him just saying "nah, nah its all good".

But last night, was the first time it's been a real indicator of how much it was limiting him, so he had to say it.

Johns Magic

Referee
Well it was an admission. For weeks people were questioning him saying that he was limited and the knee was bothering him, with him just saying "nah, nah its all good".

But last night, was the first time it's been a real indicator of how much it was limiting him, so he had to say it.

Funny that this all happened after he missed Origin selection...

Latest posts