What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

raiders game

Saint Angelo

Juniors
McCrone took the right option which is something I wish we realised earlier. Why on earth would did they take stupid field goal attempts that never had a chance of going in, it just gives out seven tackle sets.
He threw a dud pass to Mann with a couple of minutes to go when the raiders were shot.

So next week we'll get Packer to shoulder charge DCE out of the game and all will be fine, right????

They'll get a penalty, but hey, that's fair.

I am watching these peanuts on channel 9 saying Canberra had it all against them tonight .. off the bye, one win in last three weeks,what a great effort to get themselves here for a win

Are they kidding .. cold miserable hole of a place .. Frizell rested, 2 in HIA , 1 man on bench, Packer gone in first set of six, shoulder charge taking out key man, McCrone, McGregor ... even Sticky admits to getting 'the rub of the green'

Now tell me again who had it all against them tonight..

Enjoy your break Papali- 4 -6 weeks, doesn't help us though.

thebigredv

First Grade
Dugan had the chance to stand up and win that game but dropped the ball twice, once on the first tackle and once 2 meters out from the line when a good finisher would have scored.
Mann was ok but dropped the ball at critical time so don't say he was 'great' he wasn't.
Mistakes cost us again. Lafai AGAIN getting dragged out on the sideline early in tackle count.
Its not good enough.
Dragons had the chance to win but the big players let us down with mistakes.
Blame the guys like Dugan on big bucks for not being able to do what other great players would definitely do, win the game!

I agree on Dugan - when you think of 2011 when he won the game for the Raiders in the dying seconds. When was the last time he ever did that for us with the ball in his hands. He never has.

Disagree about Mann. The drop and the play the ball very unfortunate and costly but he ran with heart, bouncing out of most tackles.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Unfortunately we lost again tonight and surrended another 2 points but I thought most of our blokes had a real go for a change....with no Frizell, Dugan backing up and losing Packer for most of the match and a lopsided penalty count in tbe first half the boys tried their guts out....just some dumb options at vital times cost us...having said that The Raiders played poorly but were arsey enough to win

Crush

Coach
I agree on Dugan - when you think of 2011 when he won the game for the Raiders in the dying seconds. When was the last time he ever did that for us with the ball in his hands. He never has.

Disagree about Mann. The drop and the play the ball very unfortunate and costly but he ran with heart, bouncing out of most tackles.
On Mann, I agree he had a good crack but cannot say he had a 'great' game. He didnt. He was OK.
He gets a free run in this forum because of his perceived rough treatment from McGregor, who everyone disapproves of. SO, automatically everyone supports Mann but face facts, he is OK. A GOOD player would have made it by now and wouldn't keep making those errors.
Mann is OK. He looked much better at fullback than at halfback thats for sure. I still think that he is a natural winger though....

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory...only the Dragons...possibly the Knights...could have lost that game. Throwing an intercept when you're about to score...and then conceding a 40/20 from their 30 meter line when you have them pinned in their own area...It can only happen to us.

KogarahWarrior

Juniors

Panthers game last year?

Hey if you want to follow all the other so called supporters and give up on the Dragons go for it, but I won't. Yes tonight was a missed opportunity but I am not going to say the year is gone.
Maybe you have been living in a cave since 2010.

The club is a joke and not a funny one.

rasaint

Juniors
When things don't fall for you it's a big downer.

All the team tried their best. Again Josh Dugan dropping the ball 3 times and should have scored tonight after great lead up work by Milne. Many on here bag Nene MCD mercilessly formhis deficiencies but he gave it all tonite.

kit66

Bench
Not sure what that means.
McCrone had a decent game.

For a hundred years teams have relied on their half back to pull out the big plays at the right time to get them the win. McCrone doesn't do that, ever. Instead, when a big play is needed, he throws a pass into Mann's back or gives the opposition a couple of 7 tackle sets to kill the momentum or knocks on.
You can't blame him alone of course but he's a major contributor to our losing ways.
I'm looking forward to next year. With Widdop and Hunt together Mary's coaching will pay dividends At the moment there's a missing link or rather a very weak link in the halves.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory...only the Dragons...possibly the Knights...could have lost that game. Throwing an intercept when you're about to score...and then conceding a 40/20 from their 30 meter line when you have them pinned in their own area...It can only happen to us.
Yep I agree mate even though we had plenty of opportunities we were bloody unlucky....there is one point that I've been making these past weeks and thats Our hooker never runs from dummy half, and bugger me he did it once tonight at a vital time and lost the bloody ball......as you say it can only happen to us

Latest posts