What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders game.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Form mate.
Raiders have been playing more consistently than Dragons. We’ve been good in patches but also terrible in others.
Raiders have been playing overall better footy more consistently.
And they have a good record of beating us at WIN I think.
The odds are where I would put them.
Raiders were lucky to beat Newcastle at home last week. They play well for 40 minutes and then fall apart. We had a blinder in the first half last week but then put the cue in the rack (I don’t read much into that second half) plus we’re in the gong where we generally play better and get the rub of the green from the refs. I’d say the odds for us should be better.

BBTB

Juniors
It's disheartening to see us run with the same bench that let us down so badly last outing. We were killing it until Woods and F.Molo came on. We should replace Sharon and M.Molo with Kerr and J.Hunt to at least give us some impact in defence and attack off the bench.
I wonder if the boys can fire up like they did last game, throw it around, go wide and play up tempo from the kick off. They really need to against the big Green pack, really fast play the balls and run hard and kick well to keep turning Papali and Co around. We're in the 8 courtesy of a bye the 3 teams below us are yet to have so a great opportunity to kick ahead for real this week.

Dragons by 7
J.Hunt yes definitely. But not Kerr. He's had enough chances.

Dragon David

First Grade
We have beaten them at WIN 5 of the last 7 supposedly.
That's good blacksafake. Last year we won at home in the first round but because of the BBQ scandal and the subsequent rolling suspensions to the end of the year, the Raiders beat us at their home ground.

In 2020, they beat us twice, in 2019 we only played them once and they beat us at home, in 2018 we played them once at home and won, in 2017 we played them once at their ground and lost. In 2016 played once at home and won. So just over the past 6 years, they won 6 games to 3.

Our chances don't appear that good, unfortunately on Sunday.

Crush

Coach
Raiders were lucky to beat Newcastle at home last week. They play well for 40 minutes and then fall apart. We had a blinder in the first half last week but then put the cue in the rack (I don’t read much into that second half) plus we’re in the gong where we generally play better and get the rub of the green from the refs. I’d say the odds for us should be better.
For forms sake, if we go back to say round 10.

Raiders have won 4 from last 6 with narrow losses only to broncos and parra
beat sharks 30-10
beat rabbits 32-12
lost to parra 28-20
beat roosters 22-16
lost to broncos 24-18
beat knights 20-18

Dragons have had the bye, won 3 and lost 2
lost to Titans 20-16
beat warriors 24-18
beat dogs 34-24
bye
lost to Cows 31-12
beat rabbits 32-12

Its clear from this that Raiders are in more consistent, better form. Their wins were against decent teams.
Our wins were against mostly weak teams (besides rabbits who are decent)
Their narrow losses against teams running 5th, 6th.
Us, a heavy loss against 3rd and a narrow loss to team coming 16th.

Anyway, I clearly have too much time on my hands today, this post took me about 20mins of research....

Dragon David

First Grade

beat sharks 30-10
beat rabbits 32-12
lost to parra 28-20
beat roosters 22-16
lost to broncos 24-18
beat knights 20-18

lost to Titans 20-16
beat warriors 24-18
beat dogs 34-24
bye
lost to Cows 31-12
beat rabbits 32-12

Its clear from this that Raiders are in more consistent, better form. Their wins were against decent teams.

Anyway, I clearly have too much time on my hands today, this post took me about 20mins of research....
Thanks for your research work Crush. We applaud you 👏

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade

beat sharks 30-10
beat rabbits 32-12
lost to parra 28-20
beat roosters 22-16
lost to broncos 24-18
beat knights 20-18

lost to Titans 20-16
beat warriors 24-18
beat dogs 34-24
bye
lost to Cows 31-12
beat rabbits 32-12

Thanks Legend!

denis preston

First Grade
Wont be a good game to watch but then again apart from the Souths 1st half most of our games haven't been anyhow ! Raiders big forwards could dominate in the heavy conditions and I think it will be tough for us to win. If we do then our season is definitely on track.

Old Timer

Coach
Looking at the size of the Raiders team and the potential for heavy rain IMO their most dangerous player becomes Starling

IMO we should match him with Bud because if ever there was going to be a game that little guys that are quick on their feet will be a constant threat this is it.

There will be plenty of 6 agains to be had if we are clever in what we do namely having Hunt & Bud scoot out of dummy half.

Tactics will be the telling factor.

Yeah I actually think their big forwards could tire on the heavy track. If only we had a nippy dummy half to take advantage

Looking at the size of the Raiders team and the potential for heavy rain IMO their most dangerous player becomes Starling

IMO we should match him with Bud because if ever there was going to be a game that little guys that are quick on their feet will be a constant threat this is it.

There will be plenty of 6 agains to be had if we are clever in what we do namely having Hunt & Bud scoot out of dummy half.

Tactics will be the telling factor.
Not generally a fan of Bud playing hooker but could be a perfect game for that. Short kicking game, scooting around. If the consensus is he plays 7 the week after is he better getting another taste of firsts at 9 or playing a full reserve game at 7 ?

Moot point probably because McCullough bla bla

Latest posts