What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders team v Manly

Tokyo_Raider

Juniors
27/07/04: Fone Zone Canberra Raiders coach Matthew Elliott has named his side for this Sunday's away clash with the Manly Sea-Eagles.

An unchanged lineup from last week will run onto the field, with Michael Weyman and Tyran Smith named on a big Raiders interchange bench. Michael Hodgson has again been named and is expected to take the field after missing several weeks with a rib injury.

Hooker Jarred Lawrence has also been named on a five-man bench by Elliott.

Fone Zone Canberra Raiders v Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles

Telstra Premiership Round 21
2.30pm, Sunday 1 August, 2004
Brookvale Oval

Coach: Matthew Elliott

1. Clinton Schifcofske
2. Nathan Smith
3. Adam Mogg
4. Joel Monaghan
5. Michael Robertson
6. Matthew Gafa
7. Mark McLinden
8. Ryan O'Hara
9. Simon Woolford (c)
10. Luke Davico
11. Ruben Wiki
12. Ian Hindmarsh
13. Jason Croker

14. Troy Thompson
15. Michael Weyman
16. Michael Hodgson
17. Tyran Smith
18. Jarred Lawrence

woodgers

Bench
Carney instead of Lawrence. Get rid of Thommo or Tired.

Woolford must be struggling still. Gee he's a gutsy little prick.

edabomb

First Grade
We need Tyran. Carney, if he was going to be in, would be best ahead of Thompson. Do we really see Carney playing a role in our finals push??

greeneyed

First Grade
No, I'd like Tyran Smith to drop out... Lawrence is only there as a back up for Woolford. If Woolford looks OK, then I would bring Carney in instead of Lawrence.

RaidersMalt

Juniors
I saw the words "unchanged lineup" and nearly had a heart attack! Thank god they dropped Drew.

Probably our strongest starting side all year!

aussies1st

Staff member
Brillant line up :clap: , finally elliot see Drew just ain't up to standard
Bench ain't too bad, Weyman being there is great , Smith is alright but way better than the other two bench warmers (Drew, booga) and Smith had been injuried not dropped for form.

Paullyboy

Coach
Tyran has had a neck injury.

I find it interesting that on the Raiders site they say its our full-strenght team. Does this mean when Phil gets back they are planning on sending him back to reserves? I hope not! He is a lot better than Smith

(Im not having a go at Smith, he has done well in his time in first grade, but I dont see him as anything more than a fill in, he hasnt done anything particularly spectacular and most of his tries have been thanks to great work by Mogg, whereas Graham can create his own luck a bit better)

I was actually very impressed with Tyran on the weekend. I really think we need his size in the team. He adds that much more physical presence. He put on some really good hits on the weekend and he has the potential to put a player in the hole. I'm not his biggest fan but I was impressed with his return last weekend and I think he deserves his spot.

greeneyed

First Grade
Paullyboy said:

I find it interesting that on the Raiders site they say its our full-strenght team. Does this mean when Phil gets back they are planning on sending him back to reserves? I hope not! He is a lot better than Smith

(Im not having a go at Smith, he has done well in his time in first grade, but I dont see him as anything more than a fill in, he hasnt done anything particularly spectacular and most of his tries have been thanks to great work by Mogg, whereas Graham can create his own luck a bit better)

I'm assuming you mean Graham is better than Tyran Smith.... :lol:

Nathan Smith is in the team to stay.... 4 tries in 3 games... can't argue with that, and I don't subscribe to the idea is is all Mogg.... look at the steps he has put on....

Greenblooded

Juniors
Paullyboy said:

Mate I have to disagree, I think N Smith has been very very good since coming into 1st grade, I think it would be a call between Graham and Robbo for the other spot.