What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders v Roosters Discussion

thickos

First Grade
Raider Ultra said:
Mate, we supported the Raiders till the final whistle.

so did we while we were sitting behind the posts! I thought the general volume of our effort yesterday was quite good. Obviously things died down a little once the team was getting hammered but we were all up cheering and screaming when Robbo and Boogs scored their late tries.

Secondly, with our big flags and banners it is difficult to move once we're in a particular spot. We had two banners taped up on the wall under the scoreboard, if we had moved and left them they would have been goooooone in a flash, as is what happened when some roosters skank tried to rip down the traitor banner. PLus the area you chose to sit was quite populated, making it difficult with big flags and a drum etc. We need essentially an empty bay to occupy.

Finally, while you guys were singing all day your visibility is low. Combining forces means that the singing is louder and that is becomes even more impressive when the flags/banners/streamers/paper goes up into the air and the drum and horn start going off. With all the cacophany of colour that we have, the SGB was always going to be noticeable yesterday. And once again, the players (including a very upset Schif) and 'Kel' and Simon Hawkins thanked us for our support. :clap:

Raider Ultra

Bench
It is quite ridiculous that we have two fans groups, trying to achieve the same thing, who can't sit together because of petty differences.

melon....

Coach
Lookls like you blokes need Finch back!! LOLOL!!!

Sorry couldnt resist after the bagging he's copped. Where was your attack!!?? McLindedn?? Drew?? Nothing!!!

Youve got issues at Canberra.

hrundi99

First Grade
BAY25 said:
i think the point that Raider Ultra, was trying to make is that all last week we talked about how important it was to get everyone together for the Roosters. but when it came to game day the SGB didn't hold up their end of the bargain. Although some sounded like they were willing to move, they were all just sheep!

You seem to be implying that the SGB should have just upped and moved from their traditional position. If we're sheep, it seems you want to be the shepherd.

unless one made the decision nothing was going to happen.
In my opinion, you all scared!
I don't know if it has anything to do with the Bulldogs thing a few weeks back, or if you think we are going to steal your 'THUNDER'.
Either way utter rubbish.

You're thinking about it too much. No-one was scared, and no-one was worried about you stealing our "thunder".

the only other reason that I can see is defiance, to show an obvious split between groups, and that is why nobody moved.

Defiance? We sat in our traditional place. How is that defiance?

I enjoy the fact that alot of you come along to the home games, and some of you do come and sit with us. though I think the opinions of us change from week to week depending on who is around you, namely Nick, every week he seems to have a diferent opinion, which seems to me different to whether he is on the forum or not. I don't know why, I wish he'd just come out and say it.

I won't speak on Nick's behalf, but I don't stand around waiting for directions on where to sit either. I sit where I want to.

If we asked you to move down to the bowl at Bruce would you move?

I think our groups need to agree to disagree and move on.

paulquinn49

Bench
The whole "Army" thing is pissing me off, as soon as you got the backing of about 3 posters on here you guys attack the SGB at any chance.

The S in SGB stands for SYDNEY. In Canberra no one ever says "sit in the inner bowl so more people can join". We leave you to it cause its your town and its done your way but you guys come in here and act as if you own the bloody SGB.

So in Sydney its the SGB's way. If they wanna sit where they have sat for 5 years let them, dont attack them for that. If they wanna sing about a lake in Canberra they can. I think its pretty stupid that a minority seem to think we are meant to drop to our knees and say "OMG its the Army lets do whatever they want, Would you like a beer? my shout"

You are the kind of people that make other Canberra fans not sit with the SGB

Raider Ultra

Bench
Let's just leave this thread and move on. Most of the sutff I have posted here was when I was still rather emotional about the game and something after it, and still under the influence. I agree what I wrote on here was out of order and have apologised to those who have been offended. Both groups should be able to sit together, sing the same songs and support the Raids. If any SGB boys are making the trip to Canberra on Sunday, you are more than welcome to come and join us, we're not as bad as we appear on the forum :twisted: . The more the merrier. Cheers.

jed

First Grade
I'll be down on Sunday, but I won't be sitting with the army this time - nothing to do with the above issues though, my throat is utter shit after 3 huge games in 8 days, I need to give it a chance to recover. but I'll still be popping up to catch up with you guys. And next game I'm down I'll be back with you in force.

Raider_69

Post Whore
What i dont get is why the amry didnt just sallow their pride and say "righto they arnt moving, this is obviosuly a spot they are happy with, we will grin and bare it for the sakes of making some good noise"

meh... i went to the game yesterday and sat with the SGB and ill be back with them at the tigs game, wether the seats be top notch or not, i found the interaction with the raiders fans to be quite good and it made up for the piss poor footy display

BAY72

Juniors
Sorry hrundi99,

The way I saw it on Sunday was that most of you seemed to wait for Nick's decision.

I know that the post sounded bad, but its not that I want to be 'The Sheppard' (and point well made). More the fact that this obviously has to be a two way street, and I was dissapointed that people made up their minds before the game, and didn't seem interested in moving at all.

We had a lot of people up from Canberra on the weekend, who wanted to see the game from, what are in their minds, better seats. The fact that some of our guys moved early pissed me off, because WE couldn't talk if some had already moved. It looked like the decision was already made.

On the attitude of the Raiders Army crew (ie Bay25 and Woodgers), again, I have to say I am very disappointed. When I sat with the Army in round four for the home game against the Eels, I came away with a number of opinions, which I kept to myself

This is the quote from Nick I was talking about, look I'm an adult! If there is a problem say it, if you have a problem with me personaly come and tell me, but this comment pissed me right off!!

I've met Nick a few times now and he's never said anything to me about it, yet on the forum he writes coments like this, or half does, leaving it well open, and then people wonder why there is this rift between the two groups.

Raider_69

Post Whore
i just question why the SGB should move seats in SYDNEY because a minority dont like the veiw, i will sit with the SGB not because im a sheep, but because they are good passionate fans and IMO they choose spots that cater for what we are about (banners, drums, horns), that sort of stuff cant be done in places like the army sat yesterday... plus i got no problems with thoses seats

thickos

First Grade
Raider_69 said:
i just question why the SGB should move seats in SYDNEY because a minority dont like the veiw, i will sit with the SGB not because im a sheep, but because they are good passionate fans and IMO they choose spots that cater for what we are about (banners, drums, horns), that sort of stuff cant be done in places like the army sat yesterday... plus i got no problems with thoses seats

Well said :clap: :clap:

Raider_69

Post Whore
i personally have an inside knowledge of the SFS and its security and i KNOW that those banners, drums and horns wouldnt have been asked to be put away had we been in a populated bay

GreenForce

Juniors
It seems fair that the SGB sit where they want while in Sydney. I guess we were hoping for a joined group on the sidelines.

At the end of the day, its about uniting to give support to a team that is really going to need it. Especially after the last performance.

I don't have a problem with many of the comments on this page, differing opinions are the crux of a forum. Except, of course, greeneyed's comments in regards to the connotations that the word "army" brings. The raiders army has a history that shouldn't be forgotton, and it's the originals that started this canberra based support effort.

Don't worry mate, we took a poll before we made the shirts and the majority of normal folks don't give a f*ck. :D

Actually, a decision was made on Friday night not to move, and Nick was nowhere to be seen. Reasons for not moving have been said a lot, I repeated them a lot last week. We shall agree to disagree.

I choose not to think of that performance again(the actual game). Everytime I think of it I get angrier and angrier. I thought we had got rid of the "Canberra Raiders 5th Tackle Option Play Book v2001" last year...obviously we still have it...I think Finch was reading the play easy, he wrote half the stuff :lol: :lol:

Raider_69

Post Whore
Schif_Happens said:
Actually, a decision was made on Friday night not to move, and Nick was nowhere to be seen. Reasons for not moving have been said a lot, I repeated them a lot last week. We shall agree to disagree.

I choose not to think of that performance again(the actual game). Everytime I think of it I get angrier and angrier. I thought we had got rid of the "Canberra Raiders 5th Tackle Option Play Book v2001" last year...obviously we still have it...I think Finch was reading the play easy, he wrote half the stuff :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol:
too true