What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders Vs Knights

raidersforme

Juniors
Canberra Raiders forward Michael Weyman will miss two competition matches, after taking the early guilty plea for his grade three careless high tackle on the Eels Josh Cordoba.
With Weyman now set to miss Monday nights match against Newcastle, the Raiders have made a couple of changes, with Queensland representative Neville Costigan coming back into the line-up to start for Ben Jones, which sees Jones taking Weyman's bench position.
The only other change for the Raiders is the return of Marshall Chalk to the centres for Brad Cross, after Chalk spent last weekend out with a virus.
Cross and in-form forward Trevor Thurling have been named as 18th and 19th men respectively.
NRL ROUND 14
CANBERRA RAIDERS V NEWCASTLE KNIGHTS
ENERGY AUSTRALIA STADIUM, MONDAY JUNE 18, 7.00pm
1. WILLIAM ZILLMAN
2. DAVID MILNE
3. MARSHALL CHALK
4. COLIN BEST
5. BRONX GOODWIN
6. TERRY CAMPESE
7. MICHAEL DOBSON
8. DANE TILSE
9. LINCOLN WITHERS
10. SCOTT LOGAN
11. NEVILLE COSTIGAN
12. GLEN TURNER
13. ALAN TONGUE (c)
14. JOSH MILLER
15. TROY THOMPSON
16. BEN JONES
17. NIGEL PLUM
18. BRAD CROSS
19. TREVOR THURLING

http://www.raiders.com.au/www/detail_desc.php?news_id=279

woodgers

Bench
skeepe said:
We're going to give them an absolute pasting. I can feel it in my water.

I wish I could agree Skeepe. Just checked out their side and it is one of their better ones in a while. I reckon it will be a fairly even game up there.

legend

Coach
Simple fact is we don't dish out pastings away from home, regardless of who we are playing.

I don't expect this game to be any different.

Dobson and Campese need to play like they are at home in Canberra.

I think we have the better forward pack and bench, but playing on the road is not one of our strengths unfortunately.

RABK

Referee
I'm not confident at all but our 1,6,7,9 is exactly what we've planned for the post Johns era for the past 3 years.

Be interesting to see how they all go together for the first time. Shame Carney ain't playing - Mullen/Walsh vs Carney/Dobson clashes will probably decide NSW spots for the next few years.

dubby

Bench
Its never easy playing in Newcastle. Its one ground where the referees blatantly favor the home crowd. He has too or the locals will steal his car or clothes!

This wont be an easy match. With Buderus, Simpson and Gidley back for the Knights I dont like our chances at all.

Our away record speaks for itself, and so does our inconsitent form WLWLWLWLW etc

I hate to say it, but I think the Knights will win and win well.

I hope I'm wrong.

Raider_69

Post Whore
i think we have the better team, all across the park tbh
backs are pretty even, slightly to us, halves are even, lucky carneys out... forwards we have it all over them... we need to shut down buderus at hooker, he spurred everything for them the other week

we both play to our best and i think we win, but we never seem to turn up away from canberra, if we do that, a committed knights team led by buderus will beat us comfortably

woodgers

Bench
Raider_69 said:
i think we have the better team, all across the park tbh
backs are pretty even, slightly to us, halves are even, lucky carneys out... forwards we have it all over them... we need to shut down buderus at hooker, he spurred everything for them the other week

we both play to our best and i think we win, but we never seem to turn up away from canberra, if we do that, a committed knights team led by buderus will beat us comfortably

True but their pack is better than the Titans, and we know what happened a fortnight ago. When putting in my tips I looked at the 2 packs for that game and thought we'd run right over the top of them, then we were blown off the park within half an hour. Our forwards are good but the apes need to turn up.

skeepe

Immortal
Jones has been one of our best... how do people not see that?

Anyway, Thurling for Miller. We don't need to carry any injured players into this match.

woodgers

Bench
I'm still far from convinced on Jones Skeepe.

Anyhow, I agree on the Thurling idea. I want him on the bench most weeks but we definitely need that size and go forward when Logan goes off this week. Weyman has been providing it to an extent, and we need someone to do that job. Thurling fits the mould nicely.

Miller must be in some doubt , so Thurling should get a run , I like his aggresive running, the Raiders need to break the sequence of WLWLWLWBWLW , going by this its our turn to lose , I hope they play like they did at home on Saturday night , if they do we should get the two points.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Josh Perry
Danny Buderus (C)
Adam Woolnough
Steve Simpson
Cory Paterson
Reegan Tanner

Besides Tanner .......That flogs your pack by a mile

julian87

Juniors
No, it doesn't flog our pack by a mile. Buderus and Simpson maybe, but the rest, definitely not.

Especially when you add the forwards we will be using off the bench.

AusKnightRKO said:
Josh Perry
Danny Buderus (C)
Adam Woolnough
Steve Simpson
Cory Paterson
Reegan Tanner

Besides Tanner .......That flogs your pack by a mile

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Did you pick up skeepe's bong after he put it down?

Who are you kidding......

Latest posts