What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders vs Sharks

Team named today , usually teams named after the Monday night game are the same team.

TLL looks like his season is over so that will be one change and Dugan is due back.

Hoofa22

Juniors
My prediction
In-Dugan, Miller
Out-Massey, TLL

1. Dugan
2. Ferguson
3. Croker
4. Thompson
5. Robinson
6. McCrone
7. Williams
8. White
9. Tongue
10. Tilse
11. Picker
12. Papalii
13. Fenson

14. Buttris
15. Harrison
16. Miller
17. Thurling

Green Evil

Juniors
I think we may see Mataora replacing TLL. He travelled as 18th man for the roosters game and will be at the club next year unlike Miller. I would much rather be giving the young guys that have got us to this position a go than playing MIller who has been out of form this year and is at long odds to be resigned for next year.

We do have some forward talent in the Toyota Cup team as well in Vaughan, Boyd and co. Although after the game against the roosters i wouldnt be promoting any of them.

Learoyd-Lahrs out for the season

5/07/2011 3:23:08 PM

Canberra Raiders forward Sam Mataora will come into the Raiders line-up on the bench this weekend when the Raiders take on the Sharks at Toyota Stadium, with news today that Tom Learoyd-Lahrs will miss the rest of the season with a bicep injury.
Learoyd-Lahrs has been in great touch for the Raiders over the past month, but results of a scan on his injured bicep have indicated that he’ll require surgery and will miss the rest of the 2011 season.
Raiders Coach David Furner said losing Learoyd-Lahrs is a big blow for the team, but said it does give a player like Sam Mataora a chance to make an impact.
“Tommy’s been great for us so losing him for the rest of the year is a big blow for him and the team,” Furner said. “He’s been one of our best in the past few games and it’s a disappointing loss so we’re just hoping he has a good recovery and returns strong next year.
“Sam Mataora gets a chance this weekend to take his place in the side and hopefully he can stand up and perform well,” he said. “We’ve got David Shillington another week or two away as well so it’s a chance for guys like Sam to come in and make an impact.”
Furner said Josh Dugan was only an outside chance of becoming a late inclusion in the team this weekend, while Josh Miller has been named as 18th man after he returns from his one match ban in the Queensland Cup.
“Josh (Dugan) has only just started rehab running and is yet to train with the full squad so he’s still only a slight chance of being available,” he said. “With the short turn around it’s tough for him to be right by Saturday but we’ll assess it later in the week.”

1 Nathan Massey
2 Blake Ferguson
3 Jarrod Croker
4 Joel Thompson
5 Reece Robinson
6 Josh McCrone
7 Sam Williams
8 Brett White
9 Alan Tongue (c)
10 Dane Tilse
11 Joe Picker
12 Josh Papalii
13 Shaun Fensom

14 Glen Buttriss
15 Bronson Harrison
16 Sam Mataora
17 Trevor Thurling
18 Josh Miller

http://www.raiders.com.au/default.aspx?s=team

parra pete

Referee
Nothing wrong with Massey at fullback as replacement for Dugan. Dugan won't be picked until he is 100%...the coaching staff would be silly to risk such an important player at this part of the season, especially the way the side is playing.
I have been very impressed with Brett White since he has been starting. He was very ordinary coming off the bench in the early part of the season, but seems to be really enjoying his footy now.
The worst is behind the Raiders..the best is yet to come....

aussies1st

Staff member
White goes better when the SOO props aren't around. When they returned White was still starting but had a shocker. He should go well for the rest of the season.

cb4

First Grade
I cant wait for this game!
How many are making the trip up?

aussies1st

Staff member
Someone that is following him on twitter mentioned he will be ready for the Storm.

doggie_4_life

Juniors
Thought you guys got some tough calls from the ref's tonight, but overall the performance was pretty ordinary, robinson had a shocker and tounge, i know he's a "legend" at the raiders but, i personally think it's time he moved on or retire, he tries but he's useless

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Can't help but laugh,

I just got home and watched a recording of the game. Wow we sucked so bad.

Not sure where to begin really..no attack and we just about averaged a line break against us per hit up.

shear_joy9

Coach
replace massey with dugan, robinson with vidot, tongue for shillington if fit and put buttris at hooker for the 80.

that game was just pathetic for group of 'professional' footballers. Over 40 missed tackles, non-existant defence in the middle of the field, constant basic handling errors and plan in attack.

please just f**k off furner

Cryptic

Juniors
lol, yeah that was Furners fault... Good call shear_joy 9....

The players couldn't hold on to the f**king ball and the only time we did look like doing anything in the 2nd half the f**king touch judge decided he wanted his face on TV and called a shocker, after that we played dropsies again for the rest of the night...

But yeah, totally the coaches fault... I'm sure the game plan was to drop the ball constantly...

aussies1st

Staff member
Bring in McIlwrick we need to see if we need to find another hooker for next season or not.

Latest posts