What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders VS Tigers *Spoiler*

tiger_nick

Bench
I have NEVER EVER in my life blamed a referee for costing us victory but this is a complete and utter disgrace. Canberra are holding the defenders down in the play the ball and Satts/Daz have told this f8ckwit about it on numerous occasions and he just keeps saying 'im watching it'

Its lucky this game isn't at Leichhardt or Cambo or I would have run on the field and decked this c8nt.

Anonymous

Juniors
I'd like to congratulate Canberra on a game when they only made 2 errors, 1 when Mclinden got up after being called held. :clap:

Anonymous

Juniors
tiger_nick said:
I have NEVER EVER in my life blamed a referee for costing us victory but this is a complete and utter disgrace. Canberra are holding the defenders down in the play the ball and Satts/Daz have told this f8ckwit about it on numerous occasions and he just keeps saying 'im watching it'

Its lucky this game isn't at Leichhardt or Cambo or I would have run on the field and decked this c8nt.

I would seriously be throwing shit at him. He's a disgrace. I think he's had too much time in the sun.

swing_low

Juniors
Tigers scoring 24 points with a 12 penalty count against them is quite an effort considering there attacking form the previous 2 weeks

swing_low

Juniors
like i said the other day, where is kelvin jeffes, moghseen jadwat and mark oaten when you need them

mj

Juniors
All we ask as supporters is consistency,tonight we saw a rort,a bake,a one-sided joke. :evil: :evil: What about the penalty in the second half when two Tigers smashed a Raider in the tackle only to be penalised,when asked by Sattler what was wrong ,his answer was "I didn't call dominant".What did Hayne want ,put the player through the ground???!!!! :roll: :roll:

scottyeel

Bench
Yeah i saw that too, sattler said he lost his legs it was dominant and payne said i didnt see it that way.

If the raiders are happy with their performance then they are easily pleased.

The raiders won by 8 points when they had;
Over 60% of possession.
Over 60% of field position in the tigers half
Made around 100 less tackles than the tigers
Had a huge penalty count in favour of them.

The raiders should be ashamed of that horrible performance..

greeneyed

First Grade
Balmain_Boy said:
I'd like to congratulate Canberra on a game when they only made 2 errors, 1 when Mclinden got up after being called held. :clap:

The replay showed clearly he wasn't tackled, so that was an incorrect penalty.

The Tigers came to Canberra Stadium with a deliberate game plan of lying on the tackled player and standing offside. It is understandable, as they have had 100 points scored against them in the last 2 weeks, and given the Raiders beat the Broncos last week because of the roll on they got with quick play the balls. The Tigers gambled the ref wouldn't penalise them for the deliberate breaking of the rules, or at least not too much. They lost the bet. Simple.

greeneyed

First Grade
mj said:
All we ask as supporters is consistency,tonight we saw a rort,a bake,a one-sided joke. :evil: :evil: What about the penalty in the second half when two Tigers smashed a Raider in the tackle only to be penalised,when asked by Sattler what was wrong ,his answer was "I didn't call dominant".What did Hayne want ,put the player through the ground???!!!! :roll: :roll:

He also said, if it is dominant "we can lie on the player as long as we like". However, the ref has to call it as dominant, and you CAN'T lie on the player as long as you like. It was a deliberate attempt by the Tigers to break the rules and slow down the game. It didn't work. Get over it.

_A_J_Gray_

Juniors
greeneyed said:
Balmain_Boy said:

The replay showed clearly he wasn't tackled, so that was an incorrect penalty.

The Tigers came to Canberra Stadium with a deliberate game plan of lying on the tackled player and standing offside. It is understandable, as they have had 100 points scored against them in the last 2 weeks, and given the Raiders beat the Broncos last week because of the roll on they got with quick play the balls. The Tigers gambled the ref wouldn't penalise them for the deliberate breaking of the rules, or at least not too much. They lost the bet. Simple.

How was it clear? Everyones got an opinion i can acknowledge but he was on the ground with hands on him and got back up and started running. The commentators thought it was correct too.

And I dont think they came to Canberra with a deliberate game plan of lying on the tackled player. I mean a few of the penalties were for head highs, a few of them were for holding down (which could of gone either way as it seemed obvious in a few cases Canberra were holding the Tigers player down after theyd tackled them), a few were for flops, alot were questionable.

I think the thing most tigers fans are annoyed at , that it didnt appear to go both ways.

If you dont like the penalties tigers fans tell your team to stop giving them away, they layed around the play the ball, were offside a lot, the count might look bad but most of them were deserved penalties.

simon says

First Grade
Canberra fans...... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Anyone could see that most of those penalties were very soft.Canberra was doing exactly the same thing all game.For some reason we were the only team getting penalised for it.

Hayne did the same thing to Cronulla last year,he can take a team right out of the equation.

Last night was a disgrace,Hayne should have his card marked never to be seen in first grade again.....and any decent Canberra fan should have the guts to admit that they got lucky tonight and cop it sweet.Im not expecting to get a response even close to this.

westie

Bench
The one I liked the most was when we moved up, tackled the canberra bloke and let him get up to play the ball. He he preceeded to knock it on in the play the ball and what does Hayne rule? Knock-on? no, Strip? no, but offside. Since when can you be offside before the player has played the ball?