What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random Tigers articles from the media

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Despite his poor decisions and mistakes, he is still making more opportunities than most halves in the comp.

Thats a fact.

Tigerted

Juniors
At the end of the day our abysmal predicament has predominantly emanated from the imbeciles responsible for decisions associated with recruitment/retention of players & coaching staff .For to long Concord has been a place of employment for numerous underachieving/overpaid players & coaches where winning isn't a priority.This is a club whose decision makers have for to long been rugby league illiterate & numerically challenged.Geez I hope Pascoe & O'neill can turn things around but as a despondent tigers fan I don't hold out much hope.

Just hope we can turn things around thur nite.I couldn't bare going through another annihilation.

Tiger05

First Grade
Despite his poor decisions and mistakes, he is still making more opportunities than most halves in the comp.

Thats a fact.

Maybe he is but he has also stuffed up plenty of chances. Personally I'm starting to like the guy but we need better performances on average from him.

macnaz

Staff member
Here's some stats for you Ted.

He has less missed tackles than Gareth Widdop, Jamie Soward and James Maloney and has missed as many tackles as Moses and just 2 more than Ben Hunt.

He has run the ball 15 times more than Moses and made more metres this year than other halfbacks like Ashley Taylor, Cooper Cronk, Trent Hodkinson, Johnathon Thurston, Luke Keary, Jackson Hastings and Jeff Robson.

He's created 9 chances (4 Try Assists and 5 Line Break Assists) which is more than Moses who has 8, Maloney (5), Townsend (6), Taylor (4), Dylan Walker (1), Green (3), Cronk (1), Mullen (8), Hodkinson (5), Foran (5), Soward (6), Cody Walker (8), Keary (4), Widdop (4), Hastings (7), Johnson (5) and is equal with Corey Norman.

Yes, he is playing poorly, to be death riding him like you are when the facts show he is performing reasonably well is a good sign, especially when we know he is capable of better.

Moses is the one who is performing closer to his best and that's a massive concern. A five-eighth who cannot even make a single run in an 80 minute game where the side is being flogged shows exactly where his heart is.

Brooks made more metres than Milone and Sironen, who both also played the full 80 minutes.

You need to take the hate glasses off and actually watch the games more closely. Given Brooks and Farah are not being allowed to play their natural games, while the style suits Moses better, it's Moses who is the worst performer.
You can add , Brooks is the only one to kick a 40/20 , hits harder in tackles and doesnt berate teamates when they make an error or fail to give him the ball. Moses is a prima donna .

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Maybe he is but he has also stuffed up plenty of chances. Personally I'm starting to like the guy but we need better performances on average from him.
Of course we do.

But he doesn't deserve the berating he's copping from fans. He's at least doing something for the team. Moses is just trying to push up his price and doing his own shit.

Given his current form, I wouldn't miss him if he left.

Moses has a big mouth and needs to stfu,he continually bitches to the refs and gets them off side which we cant afford.
Brooks,what i have noticed with his tackling technique is that if he goes high he gets brushed off,when he goes low front on he bends forward from his hips,stiff legged with no forward drive from his legs making it easy for the ball carrier to bump him off.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Brooks will never be a good defender. But he isn't scared.

You can work with that.

Get him to focus on trying to wrap the ball up while waiting for help defence, at least he'll kill second phase play and force the player to try and carry him all the way.

Tigerm

First Grade
BENJI Marshall will leave St George Illawarra if another NRL club is prepared to pay his $350,000 plus asking price.

The Sunday Telegraph can reveal Marshall has received interest from three NRL clubs, understood to be the Wests Tigers, Parramatta and Penrith.

However, the veteran playmaker is yet to receive a formal offer due to the uncertainty around the futures of players like Corey Norman and Tigers young guns Mitchell Moses and Luke Brooks.

This leaves Marshall facing a contract jigsaw puzzle in the coming months to determine his future.

The former New Zealand international believes he has another two to three years left in the game and he wants to finish his career in the NRL.

While Marshall’s original $300,000 offer was reportedly taken off the table by the Dragons, he still remains in dialogue with the club about his future beyond this season.

Director of Rugby League Pathways Ian Millward said Marshall was yet to indicate any desire to move on and was concentrating on his comeback from a hamstring injury against the Warriors in New Zealand on Sunday.

“No, he (Benji) has never had conversations with us about that (leaving),” Millward said.

“But anyone who is off-contract is entitled to test the market and see what his best value his.

“Our focus is just getting him back on the field so he plays to the best of his ability and then I’m sure we’ll have a chat.”

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...e/news-story/783991e6da04688a72b679d46f157bab

Tigerted

Juniors
If we r losing either brooks or Moses I wouldn't be going anywhere near Benji.It would b a regressive move.

A recruit to the halves must have a very competent all round kicking game & be sound defensively.

Tigerm

First Grade
http://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/rugb...-by-contract-talks/ar-BBsNyL8?ocid=spartandhp

Wests Tigers five-eighth Mitchell Moses admits he was concerned the club's recent six-game losing streak was going to affect his ongoing contract negotiations.

Moses has given himself until June to decide on whether to trigger a player option on his current NRL contract to stay at Concord for the 2017 season, or leave for greener pastures.

How green that is could depend on both individual and team form, the latter of which was on extremely shaky ground before their last-start win over South Sydney.

The week before that they had been embarrassed 60-6 by Canberra.

"It was stressful, definitely. It was in the back of my head, but I was just trying to put that aside and play good footy," Moses said on Monday.

Veteran player manager and cousin Isaac Moses is in talks with a number of clubs on Mitchell's future, however the 21-year-old said he has yet to sit down and consider his options.

"I let him know that when he thinks I'm ready to start the talks, we'll start. But I think he's in talks at the moment. He'll let me know when he thinks I'm ready," he said.

Moses said he was a lot happier with his form this year compared to last.

The Tigers snapped their losing run with a stunning upset of the Rabbitohs, despite being without Moses, Aaron Woods and Tim Grant, and losing star fullback James Tedesco at halftime.

Moses, Woods and Grant are expected to return for this week's clash with Canterbury, where Moses hopes they can build on their win over the Rabbitohs.

"I think I've been playing a lot more calm with my footy compared to last year," he said.

"We had a couple of losses on the trot there but it was good that the boys got the win last weekend and hopefully we take that into the Bulldogs game."

Interesting as in what he thinks!

Tigerted

Juniors
Just an excuse for his pathetic form.

All this dipstick cares about is himself & maximising his earnings.

The sooner this overpaid egomaniac signs with another club the better !

Tiger05

First Grade
Just an excuse for his pathetic form.

All this dipstick cares about is himself & maximising his earnings.

The sooner this overpaid egomaniac signs with another club the better !

I read articles like that and basically think he should go. Do we really need these type of people at our club ?

Ron's_Mate

Bench
I love how these guys always say they aren't involved in negotiations, leave it all to their manager while they concentrate on playing good footy. Of course he's involved in any talks. The question is - what other club would need or want him? He certainly won't be getting the stupid Tigers money anywhere else.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I love how these guys always say they aren't involved in negotiations, leave it all to their manager while they concentrate on playing good footy. Of course he's involved in any talks. The question is - what other club would need or want him? He certainly won't be getting the stupid Tigers money anywhere else.

lol i always laugh at that too

yep you're a 21 year who doesnt want to know how negotiations are going on a $600kpa contract or where you're going to play next year. of course he knows every detail of whats going on. i understand if you want to keep it private but dont treat us like idiots.

personally i think they are trying to get lengthier deals, the option for next year is in their favour so they have that as a certainty, why would you take it up now? let the club sweat and think there's a heap of teams after you, thats what the managers would be saying.

wittyfan

Referee
Some of those journalists were very aggressive and bitchy with their questions to Moses tbh.

Tiger05

First Grade
let the club sweat and think there's a heap of teams after you, thats what the managers would be saying.

That option though must expire at some point and why would we be sweating. Both of them have had so far really poor seasons.

Tigerted

Juniors
Vic ur right about the 2 bums trying to get lengthier deals.Hopefully the 2 duds get these long term deals from another club soon although I don't like there chances.I have no doubt they will both b playing for us in '17 as no other club would b silly enough to pay these 2 liabilities anywhere near what they r currently earning.

Moses has improved this year simply because he couldn't get any worse on some of the tripe he delivered last season,still 600k for these two young halves is rediculous,if anything that amount should be spread over 4 years for these trainee halfs.