What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random Tigers articles from the media

Ned Kelly

Juniors
It’s the meeting we need to have and with a bit of luck Benji will be defeated in battle and will either clear off or get back to what he was actually employed to do.

He’s had a number of sojourns into recruitment and he’s come home empty handed.

Maybe he can take his clothes off again and strum a guitar.
It was part of the fairy tale story the players would jump at the opportunity to play for Benji.
Sure hasn't turned out that way.

It was part of the fairy tale story the players would jump at the opportunity to play for Benji.
Sure hasn't turned out that way.

That’s entirely correct.

We’ve heard a lot about him talking with players, but so far as I know, no one has signed on the basis his efforts.

And the halves effort this year.

He seems to lack the persuasive skills required to make the desired impact at both mouths of the river.

News of friction in the camp comes as no surprise at all.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
This club just continues to delve into the depths of shambolic despair week after week. I honestly don't see a way out at this point. And to think we had Andrew Webster here a few years back, who will now lead a team who has under-performed for years into very likely the Top 4 in his first full time year on the job. *sigh*

A mate once told me when he stopped actively caring about the Tigers it did wonders for his mental health. I wish I had the same intellectual fortitude.

This club just continues to delve into the depths of shambolic despair week after week. I honestly don't see a way out at this point. And to think we had Andrew Webster here a few years back, who will now lead a team who has under-performed for years into very likely the Top 4 in his first full time year on the job. *sigh*

A mate once told me when he stopped actively caring about the Tigers it did wonders for his mental health. I wish I had the same intellectual fortitude.

We are all in this dark room together clinging to the walls looking for a way out.

Stockholm syndrome.

As Stryker used to say, our only comfort is us fans and the ties that bind.

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
I bags being the new recruitment officer.
If you personally know more than one registered player, make dumb decisions, get people offside, big note yourself and are hated by the supporters then you've got the job mate.
I don't think you really fit that criteria though Ned.
Would you like to take on the role of a masseuse for the WT NRLW side?

Nutz

Bench
I actually liked Lee's composure during the NRL360 interview....does that make me crazy?
His explanations were acceptable but our performances don't cut it and he said it was embarrassing to say the least.
I know one thing for sure.....I would rather him tackle this scrutiny than Pascoe.
The only advice I would give him is to shut his mouth unless it's unavoidable and tighten up the club's leaks. We have improved on this a little.
Noone should talk to the media about footy matters except the coach and on matters like today I'd accept Lee as the spokesman.
Any decisions and announcements that are made from this point moving forward must be thought out and rehearsed and if necessary have a closed door meeting before disclosure. Stop shooting ourselves in the foot all of the time.
Whatever action is taken now must conform with the clubs position way down the track.
You should never build a supermarket without getting the infrastructure right, first and foremost.

I actually liked Lee's composure during the NRL360 interview....does that make me crazy?
His explanations were acceptable but our performances don't cut it and he said it was embarrassing to say the least.
I know one thing for sure.....I would rather him tackle this scrutiny than Pascoe.
The only advice I would give him is to shut his mouth unless it's unavoidable and tighten up the club's leaks. We have improved on this a little.
Noone should talk to the media about footy matters except the coach and on matters like today I'd accept Lee as the spokesman.
Any decisions and announcements that are made from this point moving forward must be thought out and rehearsed and if necessary have a closed door meeting before disclosure. Stop shooting ourselves in the foot all of the time.
Whatever action is taken now must conform with the clubs position way down the track.
You should never build a supermarket without getting the infrastructure right, first and foremost.

I found Lees interview quite deceptive at times but also mixed with truths which can cover those mischiefs.

I’ll commit my thoughts to the panel here as they spring to mind.

As expected he belted on with his “ things are unsatisfactory” theme and promises of better times through “ hard work”

I don’t think this is right. More is going on.

Note the concessions he gave up and his description of the relationship between Fulton and Benji, virtually gave them up as having utter contempt for each other and insodoing he confirmed the rumours as being true.

I’d say Justin should be looking for a new job.

Lol his excuse that other clubs were looking at Holbrook too. Maybe so..but only our club forgot to tell the current coaches.

Yeah, there was a bit more in it if you read between the lines.

Lee is well aware the club is in very serious trouble from a pr perspective. He’s finally realised he needs to get out and about.

If he’s talking about us being close to winning, the premise is that we are bad to begin off with. That badness is ultimately the boards fault.
I don’t expect him to admit that, but I’m disappointed the idiots on 360 missed it.

Kent wouldn’t have missed him but he’s in purgatory for his domestic violence allegation.

Last edited:
I found Lees interview quite deceptive at times but also mixed with truths which can cover those mischiefs.

I’ll commit my thoughts to the panel here as they spring to mind.

As expected he belted on with his “ things are unsatisfactory” theme and promises of better times through “ hard work”

I don’t think this is right. More is going on.

Note the concessions he gave up and his description of the relationship between Fulton and Benji, virtually gave them up as having utter contempt for each other and insodoing he confirmed the rumours as being true.

I’d say Justin should be looking for a new job.

Lol his excuse that other clubs were looking at Holbrook too. Maybe so..but only our club forgot to tell the current coaches.

Yeah, there was a bit more in it if you read between the lines.

Lee is well aware the club is in very serious trouble from a pr perspective. He’s finally realised he needs to get out and about.

If he’s talking about us being close to winning, the premise is that we are bad to begin off with. That badness is ultimately the boards fault.
I don’t expect him to admit that, but I’m disappointed the idiots on 360 missed it.

Kent wouldn’t have missed him but he’s in purgatory for his domestic violence allegation.
I particularly enjoyed it when Lee stated Pascoe had the full support of the board. He might as well clear his locker out now while he still has time. Whenever that gets uttered its certain to result in a sacking within 7 days.

Lee is a lawyer and good at bullshitting. After all, its what he does for a job. I don't believe a word of what he said. Having said that none of the so called journalists hit him with a 'gotcha moment' so that was some sort of win.

Can someone at the club please steal and burn his stupid farkin fedora. He's indoors and he ain't Indiana Jones. It just makes him look a grade A farktard. At least its not a red bandana I suppose.

Pascoe is gone for sure on the basis of the board having “ having full confidence” in him.

Exactly the same thing was said about Madge.

And of course what about Tim being “Head Coach next year is the plan, that’s what his contract says”

That’s based on the presumption that contracts are solemn and inviolate, but of course, as any player will tell you, they aren’t. Especially in our game.

This over-exaggeration leads to me to believe other plans are well afoot. It could be bringing in Benji early or whatever.

The Holbrook approach, at the time, Tim described it as “ paper stuff” and it turned out to be real. So Tim was made a fool of.

It seemed to me, that Lee was less than enthused discussing Tim. There’s no way it was appropriate for Pascoe to go behind their backs. And note Lee slipped up when he used the word “proposal”, I thought that was telling.

I think the Holbrook stuff is very real, it wouldn’t surprise me if the deal is all but done.

Instead of muttering on about peters defaming Benji, it’s well within the capability of the club and Benji to sue Peters if they really want to.

It reminds me of Lee visiting Vlandys last year in his ferari to complain about the refs after the cows pantomime. No two points changed, we got nothing. Vlandys ate Lee up.

The defamation threat is nonsense despite Lee invoking the legalese.

It was a tepid interview in many respects.

If I’m not right about these points (say 50/50) we really are done until 2028.

I’m otherwise glad the club considers itself under pressure, although the degree is clearly questionable if nothing actually changes.

The fedora, it’s a branding thing. Bizarre lol.

No gotcha moment, all pearl grabbing stuff I’m afraid. Rugby league version of virtue signalling nonsense.

Last edited:

Fordy20

Juniors
We dont have a 6 or 7 signed for next year. Is it too hard to just get the both of the f**kers?

I cant imagine either Sezer or Cogger would be expensive.
Exactly. Build the depth first before worrying about getting the best available half. They can pick the best one on the roster at the start of next season. I wouldn't be upset with a Croft/Sezer halves pairing for a year if it means we get the Fainus, keep Bula and retain the rest of our pack.

Tigerm

Coach

If this a true account of his TV trial by journalist, it doesn’t seem to bad, when asked if he could guarantee the CEO’s position for next year, he said he would never use the word ”guarantee”, and “But as to the leadership, I serve as does Justin, at the pleasure of the board. So the board decides who sits in the chairman seat and who the CEO is. There are no decision taken by Justin that’s not ratified by the board. He doesn’t appoint coaches, he doesn’t recruit players, his role is as the chief executive which involves all the operational matters. The buck stops with the board.

Re: Holbrook
“Justin’s role is to keep abreast of all and any developments within the game including the availability of assistant coaches or other persons who may be of interest to this club,” he said.

“His job is to explore these opportunities and then bring them back to the club for discussion and consideration and that’s what he was proposing to do.

“Justin doesn’t have the authority to appoint coaches, that’s a matter for the board, and at the end of the day, the head coach will always have the assistant coaches he wants.

Imo, that all sounds reasonable. He was only saying what we are all thinking, that the results are “embarrassing”
We are heading for a consecutive wooden spoon, they have to be looking at every option that is available to them, surely?

Last edited:

Latest posts