What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random Tigers articles from the media

So by my reckoning lads, Fulton was approached early April because we know the board approved his engagement just before the 24th April. So allow a lead time and secret negotiations. These things don’t happen overnight. It’s too important.

So the board must have thought Tim’s recruitment program up until then was pretty ordinary. Which is probably right.

Of course, it was Tim’s mate who got shot in the back of the head.

Such a treacherous lot, but we understand Tim has blood all over his hands with Madge. He can’t complain.

He’s gone from hero to zero in a bit over a year as the Tim resuscitation experiment failed.

Nobody will be able to look at Tim now and think he has the full support of the board. Not even the players.

Last edited:

Tigerm

Coach
TM he has lied, last year when interviewed on SEN he said the club was strong and is going places in 2023.
Unless of course he meant we'll get the spoon again in record fashion???
I’m not a legal person, but I think that’s an opinion not a lie hahaha

Why can't we read positive good news about the WT. I'm sick of it tbh.
I used to love reading, listening and watching rugby league media but because of WT toxic culture and perpetual stuff ups, I can't engage in it anymore.
It's depressing, annoying and just makes me soooo angry.
Let's try and find that nugget of gold of positive WT media and post that.
Mate the media aren't interested in anything but drama anymore. Unless they're not cranking up the outrage / crisis machine it's a bad day at the office. Anything of a positive nature is skimmed over and then it's on to the bad news. Having said that it seems to be what most of the population want. You can't find anything on free to air TV that's not a 'reality' show, filled with manufactured drama.

I remember when you used to get a 10 page lift out in the paper on Friday, listing all the teams, changes, late mail, and analysis. Remember that? When journalists would actually venture an opinion about what tactics might be used, and what the game plan of each team could be? The pro and cons of using certain players? Back in the days when they had to know a little about the game. Man I miss those days.

Don't let them know you're feeling angry. That is exactly what they want. Fear and hate is the media agenda of 2023, and has been for some time. Remember when their job used to be to inform? And they took that seriously? It was some time in the distant past.

There won't be anything positive written about the tigers for quite some time. A whole hell of a lot needs to change for us to be a successful club. Even if Lee and the rest got sacked tomorrow and we immediately got stellar management in, it would still take them 3 to 5 years to get us to be a competitive team, and by that I mean bottom part of the 8. Even that timeframe is optimistic. But Lee won't go, and can't be removed. While he is there, we have no future.

Yeah, just for completeness, we’d lost the first 6 games as well, before I think Fulton was approached.

And for the first 3 or 4 games, Tim was saying we’d come good soon. Everyone was to chill.

Then, id have to check, but think it was April that Tim said that the struggle would go well into next year. He said that in public and it was a massive about-face from the promises made since Madge had his throat slit.

I recall feeling horrified and I think the board must have felt the same way.

Mate the media aren't interested in anything but drama anymore. Unless they're not cranking up the outrage / crisis machine it's a bad day at the office. Anything of a positive nature is skimmed over and then it's on to the bad news. Having said that it seems to be what most of the population want. You can't find anything on free to air TV that's not a 'reality' show, filled with manufactured drama.

I remember when you used to get a 10 page lift out in the paper on Friday, listing all the teams, changes, late mail, and analysis. Remember that? When journalists would actually venture an opinion about what tactics might be used, and what the game plan of each team could be? The pro and cons of using certain players? Back in the days when they had to know a little about the game. Man I miss those days.

Don't let them know you're feeling angry. That is exactly what they want. Fear and hate is the media agenda of 2023, and has been for some time. Remember when their job used to be to inform? And they took that seriously? It was some time in the distant past.

There won't be anything positive written about the tigers for quite some time. A whole hell of a lot needs to change for us to be a successful club. Even if Lee and the rest got sacked tomorrow and we immediately got stellar management in, it would still take them 3 to 5 years to get us to be a competitive team, and by that I mean bottom part of the 8. Even that timeframe is optimistic. But Lee won't go, and can't be removed. While he is there, we have no future.

Some good points.

Lee lacks composure and vision.

He listens to the wrong people, panics and engages in too much spin.

His tenure at the helm has resulted in complete failure and indeed, worse than that.

But we will have to wrest the chairmanship from his cold dead hand.

I support the crisis talks 100% in the hope that they break down and people are forced to resign.

I hope Tim bursts into the meeting uninvited in a foul mood and goes off his rocker.

My message to the board is that right here and now, us fans, members, sponsors and stakeholders-are all f**king beyond caring.

Just let there be rivers of blood and come out and whoever is left alive, stagger into the foyer and announce wholesale changes.

We are fed up to the back teeth with the lot of you.

We were 16th last year heading to 17th this year in a big hurry.

If that’s not a crisis, then I don’t know what is gentlemen.

Blood must spill, people must fall on their golden swords, snouts pushed so hard and fast into the trough until it shatters into 100 pieces.

That’s the best outcome we can hope for.

I’m sorry it’s got this far, but it is what it is.

The castle must be captured and we need to be set free.

Last edited:

TroyJax

Juniors
We sack these current coaches, then the club might as well fold.
NO ONE…NO ONE will want to come here and coach.

We sack these current coaches, then the club might as well fold.
NO ONE…NO ONE will want to come here and coach.

At a rate of 3 wins a season, we might have been better off with no coach than the current mob.

We had 16 applications for Head Coach last year following the Cameron Ciraldo fiasco.

All binned when Tim installed himself despite multiple denials beforehand.

Then he spat the dummy when Gal shirt fronted him.

Coaching isn’t our only problem, sure, but it looms large in our calculations when we are addressing consistent failure.

It’s hard to imagine Benji can do a worse job, but looking at the garbage the halves have dished up this year, and his tutor, it’s looking like the reality.

Whichever official is double dealing, needs to terminated. I don’t care who it is.

If it is bloody Benji, that’s the lend of lends and I’m done with this club.

Last edited:

Das Hassler

Bench
We were starting to come together with a month of increasingly close competitive losses then beat a strong Penrith side with a near perfect wet weather performance then followed up with 2 wins from the next 3...the mood was great...the team was gelling with most everyone improving then Api gets his jaw broken and instead of battening down the hatches and supporting the unity of the coaches and players....what does the management do?!...they elect to rock the boat as hard as possible by pulling the rug out from under everything by signing Fulton behind the backs of the current and future coach....great! As much as anyone might dislike Sheens and / or Benji it can't be ignored that things were starting to look pretty good when these morons decided to once again split the club right down the middle ....I'd love to hear how the coaching staff stay motivated after that stunt.

Nutz

Bench
We were starting to come together with a month of increasingly close competitive losses then beat a strong Penrith side with a near perfect wet weather performance then followed up with 2 wins from the next 3...the mood was great...the team was gelling with most everyone improving then Api gets his jaw broken and instead of battening down the hatches and supporting the unity of the coaches and players....what does the management do?!...they elect to rock the boat as hard as possible by pulling the rug out from under everything by signing Fulton behind the backs of the current and future coach....great! As much as anyone might dislike Sheens and / or Benji it can't be ignored that things were starting to look pretty good when these morons decided to once again split the club right down the middle ....I'd love to hear how the coaching staff stay motivated after that stunt.
Very well said mate....yep things were looking up but the dumb ass board thought that we can't have that.... let's get the coaches off side and really stuff it up.
Don't worry about the saying, the "fish rots at the head first" because that was rotten ages ago and all we are left with now is the carcass. The bare remnants of a footy club. The laughing stock of not only the NRL community but ESL, AFL and Rugby as well. We are talked about everywhere as duds.
What do we faithful do now.
Well I'm not leaving, so it's time to immerse myself or should I say indulge myself in what's important....a great missus, family, food, beer and the dog.

Ned Kelly

Juniors

The Wests Tigers could be forced into a decision on the future of Scott Fulton as early as Monday, with club powerbrokers planning a meeting with the new recruitment manager and assistant coach Benji Marshall over the next 48 hours.

Tensions between Marshall and Fulton reached boiling point after Marshall’s manager was moved to deny what he believed was a suggestion his client owned a share in the management company trying to lure Aidan Sezer to the club.

This masthead can reveal two player agents with close relationships to Fulton held a meeting with the club last week to raise concerns about the development of their players under the Tim Sheens-Marshall coaching regime.
The agents are seeking assurances from the club that there will be change within the coaching staff for next season in response to concerns raised by their players. They also raised doubts over sending other players to the club under the current structure.

Tigers chairman Lee Hagipantelis is believed to have met with the agents but declined to comment about the meeting when contacted yesterday.
“The meeting was meant to be confidential,” Hagipantelis said.

One of the agents in attendance was Mario Tartak, who pushed strongly with Tigers powerbrokers to employ Fulton. Tartak holds the key when it comes to the signature of highly sought-after Manly teenager Latu Fainu, who is one of his clients.

Fainu and his brother Samuela, who both featured in the NSW under 19 Origin win over Queensland on Thursday night, have been linked with a move to the Tigers given their relationship with Fulton but are holding off on making a decision.

Tigers officials are now trying to repair the relationship between Fulton and Marshall. Any move to sever ties with Fulton just two months after his appointment could have major ramifications.....

Concerns have been shared by other player managers, but captain Api Koroisau’s agent said his star client was satisfied with the coaching combination of Sheens and Marshall.

“In terms of coaching, Api’s got a very good relationship with Sheensy and Benji,” Giancarlo Lombardo said. “He has a lot of respect for them. Naturally, he’s frustrated with the performances on the field and wants the club to be successful.”

Ned Kelly

Juniors
As much as this story is about tensions between Benji and Fulton it should be about the insanity at the top that created this mess.

Signing Fulton and Lee saying Fulton "is at the top of his game." Really? Take away Cherry-Evans and the turbo brothers (I doubt he was responsible for any of them) and the team crumbles.

One thing this club has tought me is there is no such thing as being in a place where things can't get any worse. Pascoe, Lee and the board prove it over and over.

Ned Kelly

Juniors

‘It’s a bombshell’: Tigers ‘circus’ continues as crisis talks loom after shock Benji claim​

Wests Tigers coach Tim Sheens has reportedly not been invited to an emergency meeting at Concord on Monday, further highlighting his declining influence at the club.

The Daily Telegraph reports that recruitment manager Scott Fulton and assistant coach Benji Marshall were summoned by club chairman Lee Hagipantelis and chief executive Justin Pascoe to thrash out their differences, but Sheens was not invited.

Insiders told the Telegraph that the warring pair will be issued an ultimatum to start working together or face the consequences.

The Tigers previously came under fire for hiring Fulton without consulting their coaching staff. It then emerged there was friction between Fulton and Marshall, who is expected to coach the club from 2025.

Peter peters said

“I’ve been told today, it’s a bit of a bombshell, that a current high-profile Tigers official is alleged to have 15 per cent share in the company trying to lure Sezer unbeknown to Sam Ayoub, who still thinks he is managing him.”

Matt Desira, who is the director of ARIA Management, has been Marshall’s long term manager and also has Daine Laurie on his books.

“Benji Marshall doesn’t and never has had a stake in ARIA management group,” Desira said.

“Any suggestion that is the case is not only wrong, but defamatory.”

Rugby league legend Greg Alexander, meanwhile, questioned how infighting between club figures has been leaked to the media.

“Why do we all know about this?” Alexander asked on Fox League.

“When it’s the Tigers, everyone knows about it. Why is Tim Sheens being left out of this?

Ned Kelly

Juniors
The way things are at the moment we will take out the wooden spoon comfortably for years to come.

But wait ! Pascoe is overseeing the crisis meeting today. He will put our minds to rest with plan C for a 5 year plan.

It’s the meeting we need to have and with a bit of luck Benji will be defeated in battle and will either clear off or get back to what he was actually employed to do.

He’s had a number of sojourns into recruitment and he’s come home empty handed.

Maybe he can take his clothes off again and strum a guitar.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
While one of the story says

This masthead can reveal two player agents with close relationships to Fulton held a meeting with the club last week to raise concerns about the development of their players under the Tim Sheens-Marshall coaching regime.
The agents are seeking assurances from the club that there will be change within the coaching staff for next season in response to concerns raised by their players. They also raised doubts over sending other players to the club under the current structure.

It is clear Braith Anasta won't be sending any of his players our way it would seem us hitting the market "aggressively" will have quite limited options.

We have infighting over two halves no top 8 side would be interested i.