What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random Tigers articles from the media

Fordy20

Juniors

Probably being diplomatic saying he had to weigh up the extension against the Manly offer and it makes perfect sense that he's looking forward to playing five-eighth with DCE running the show. Apart from a handful of games, Brooks has never appeared comfortable barking orders at people and directing a team around the park.

Madge witnesssed it first hand once Marshall was moved on and it's why he brought in someone who was comfortable doing those things in Hastings. I don't know why there was cautious optimism that Brooks would re-sign when he was thrown back into the position that he didn't want to play.

Good luck to him, I'm happy he's managed to break free from this dumpster fire of a club and hope he enjoys his time at Manly.

Fordy20

Juniors

The hole our board keeps getting deeper and deeper .
Couldn't agree more. Brooksy's analysis in response to what needs to change at the Tigers is spot on:

Luke Brooks said:
Everyone being on the same page and making decisions, and the right decisions, for the club to go forward.

I don't know who makes the decisions here, it's hard to say.

There's always something going on. I guess (after) 10 years here, I'm sort of used to it.

Brooksy had to go, he’s right about the club, but I think he’s still a bit of a karen.

We treated him pretty well for the most part.

With everyone thumping the club, he couldn’t resist I suppose.

Brooksy means nothing to me anymore.

He will miss his notoriety, having gotten so used to it.

Hopefully more “enlightenment” in the media tomorrow.

Alan Jones got it right.

Tigerm

Coach
Couldn't agree more. Brooksy's analysis in response to what needs to change at the Tigers is spot on:
Brooks says ""I don't know who makes the decisions here, it's hard to say."?

Really, does anyone here work in a company where the board tells you what they are going to do?

He is an employee (a very well paid employee I might add), he gets given directions and a team management to guide him through his game days, training sessions and the season.

This is so he can focus on what he is being paid to do, and that is to play football, and his pay grade means he has the added responsibility of managing the team in attack.

I haven't heard him say he can't achieve this, so please cut my salary to compensate for it?

Instead he and others blamed everyone else for his failings. How many different options (other halves partners, different forwards) have been tried to suit him?

He has rarely delivered for the team and shouldn't have been surprised when they did infact cut his salary to compensate for his inabilities.

IMO, he has brought the club into disrepute, they should sack his arse for it.

But, we will see next year how he goes with a different halves partner? I don't think DCE will tolerate the crap service he has given us.

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench

Probably being diplomatic saying he had to weigh up the extension against the Manly offer and it makes perfect sense that he's looking forward to playing five-eighth with DCE running the show. Apart from a handful of games, Brooks has never appeared comfortable barking orders at people and directing a team around the park.

Madge witnesssed it first hand once Marshall was moved on and it's why he brought in someone who was comfortable doing those things in Hastings. I don't know why there was cautious optimism that Brooks would re-sign when he was thrown back into the position that he didn't want to play.

Good luck to him, I'm happy he's managed to break free from this dumpster fire of a club and hope he enjoys his time at Manly.
The only thing I'm disappointed with is he are still playing with us and is being paid heaps.
If your employer made you a multi millionaire, would you spit in his face whilst you have your hand out for cash.
Players these days should be more educated to players say back in our day. He stood in front of a camera with a dumb look on his face saying he doesn't know what's going on. Sounds a bit like his whole career.

Last edited:
Yeah, well there had been different reports about Tim and I think the question was fairly put.

GTA is under a lot of strain for sure.

But he’s relatively new, high pressure conference.

The 360 guys gave it to him, he wouldn’t have liked that. No one would.

Seems like he will rely on Tim for quite some time yet. I think he should venture out for his inspiration and guidance based on results this year. Maybe he’s too close to Tim to forsake him so early.

I could take his comments apart, but it’s a work in progress media wise and I don’t want to be too unfair.

I don’t think Tim should be coaching to the end this year.

He wants the roll of the dice to miss the spoon.

That’s the competitive streak.

But if he’s not given the opportunity he can’t own abject failure entirely.

He can only benefit by surrendering the role and hopping on the plane back to his home country.

Its not like he’s vying for the finals, he’s trying to avoid being one of the worst coaches in NRL history.

Why invite that description of oneself in the annuls of history etc?

Why do we attract such stupid people to our club?!! What crimes did we all commit in previous lives?

Really, does anyone here work in a company where the board tells you what they are going to do?
Good point, I’ve been reading about the number of large corporates who support the “Voice”. 101% none of those organisations asked their employees, their thoughts.

Sport and politics don’t mix but the NRL supports it, did they ask any of their direct employees or contracted employees (players)? Brooks had a job to do and couldn’t do it, he had a manager that worked with club management on player/club issues including lucrative contracts.

Bye bye Brooks.

PS. please don’t bash me for mentioning the Voice. I am actually 1 who recognises my self as being indigenous, all be it, a city slicker of the less than 50% type.

Tigerm

Coach
Good point, I’ve been reading about the number of large corporates who support the “Voice”. 101% none of those organisations asked their employees, their thoughts.

Sport and politics don’t mix but the NRL supports it, did they ask any of their direct employees or contracted employees (players)? Brooks had a job to do and couldn’t do it, he had a manager that worked with club management on player/club issues including lucrative contracts.

Bye bye Brooks.

PS. please don’t bash me for mentioning the Voice. I am actually 1 who recognises my self as being indigenous, all be it, a city slicker of the less than 50% type.
Teddy Coon would know how you feel?

Bye bye Brooks.

You can say what you want to about the voice and people should acknowledge that’s your view and if they are interested, ask you why.

And they can agree or disagree based on their own understanding of the world.

Doesn’t make you or me good or bad, nor does the colour of skin etc.

Everyone is different.

The only constant in life seems to be the incompetence of the Wests Tigers Board and the ability of Brooksy to command overs.

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
Injury denies departing Brooks a Wests Tigers send-off - ESPN
Luke Brooks may have played his last match for Wests Tigers after the halfback was ruled out of his farewell home game with injury.
Brooks, who will leave for Manly next season after more than 200 games for the Tigers, struggled to complete training earlier this week with a calf issue.

Assistant coach Benji Marshall said the Tigers No.7 would not feature in this weekend's game with the Dolphins.
Saturday's match at CommBank Stadium - the Tigers' final home fixture of the season - was due to be Brooks's farewell game with the playmaker now in doubt for away trips to face the Sydney Roosters and Manly in the final fortnight of the year.

"Unfortunately, he's not going to be playing because he's injured," Marshall said.

"We want to send him off the right way, because he's played 200 games and he's given his heart and soul and showed a lot of loyalty to us."

Api Koroisau trained at halfback with Jake Simpkin set to take over duties at hooker.

Injury denies departing Brooks a Wests Tigers send-off - ESPN
Luke Brooks may have played his last match for Wests Tigers after the halfback was ruled out of his farewell home game with injury.
Brooks, who will leave for Manly next season after more than 200 games for the Tigers, struggled to complete training earlier this week with a calf issue.

Assistant coach Benji Marshall said the Tigers No.7 would not feature in this weekend's game with the Dolphins.
Saturday's match at CommBank Stadium - the Tigers' final home fixture of the season - was due to be Brooks's farewell game with the playmaker now in doubt for away trips to face the Sydney Roosters and Manly in the final fortnight of the year.

"Unfortunately, he's not going to be playing because he's injured," Marshall said.

"We want to send him off the right way, because he's played 200 games and he's given his heart and soul and showed a lot of loyalty to us."

Api Koroisau trained at halfback with Jake Simpkin set to take over duties at hooker.
Lol Benji, Brooksys loyalty amounted to trying to leave us 3 times last year, not giving us the final offer this year and only yesterday he was slagging us off after being grossly overpaid since 2019.

This is as fine as bullshit as LH and Justin spin, except Benji actually believes it.

I’m going to miss the anarchy and ridiculousness of this season press gaffes, but next year will be ..vintage.

FTW GTA!

IMG_7393.jpeg

Last edited:

BrotherJim05

Bench
Lol Benji, Brooksys loyalty amounted to trying to leave us 3 times last year, not giving us the final offer this year and only yesterday he was slagging us off after being grossly overpaid since 2019.

This is as fine as bullshit as LH and Justin spin, except Benji actually believes it.

I’m going to miss the anarchy and ridiculousness of this season press gaffes, but next year will be ..vintage.

FTW GTA!

View attachment 78204

stfu mate. Show some respect for a club legend and get behind the bloke who's actually trying to pull us out of this shitpile that has been heaped on us

Nutz

Bench
I just watched the part of the podcast where the presenters were tap dancing a bit over the Moses/Lee references.
It's a bit disturbing when one of WT social media programs say something that makes our chairman irate to the point of threatening legal action only to have it played out once again in the DT.
For goodness sakes, the references to Moses, lollipops and Lee's Ferrari is childish and once again makes us all look like imbeciles.
Why can't I wake up in the morning and not read, hear or see some stupid or insulting comments about ny club.

Tigerm

Coach
I just watched the part of the podcast where the presenters were tap dancing a bit over the Moses/Lee references.
It's a bit disturbing when one of WT social media programs say something that makes our chairman irate to the point of threatening legal action only to have it played out once again in the DT.
For goodness sakes, the references to Moses, lollipops and Lee's Ferrari is childish and once again makes us all look like imbeciles.
Why can't I wake up in the morning and not read, hear or see some stupid or insulting comments about ny club.
Well I wouldn’t lend him a Datsun 120y to go anywhere:)

stfu mate. Show some respect for a club legend and get behind the bloke who's actually trying to pull us out of this shitpile that has been heaped on us
Your forgetting that GTA was parachuted in by Tim and the Board to save face.

He’s not there on his own merits, he’s an integral part of the problem as his job this year with the halves shows.

He’s been quick to dump on the club in the past then and praise it when he suits him.

You can have your own opinion, I can have mine.