What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random Tigers articles from the media

As for GTA, I think most of the 360 crew don’t think he’s ready and I don’t see a lot of the old guard rushing back to form a conga line behind him.

Even he knows he was offered the job on the back of Tim’s recommendation and club pr.

Not because he had any experience at NRL level. That’s not going to instill too much confidence in the players.

A single win might cut it for some, but on the back of dolphin stupidity, I don’t think hes quite ready for coach of the year.

And let’s not be under any impression that he’s doing anything for free.

Tigerm

Coach
As for GTA, I think most of the 360 crew don’t think he’s ready and I don’t see a lot of the old guard rushing back to form a conga line behind him.

Even he knows he was offered the job on the back of Tim’s recommendation and club pr.

Not because he had any experience at NRL level. That’s not going to instill too much confidence in the players.

A single win might cut it for some, but on the back of dolphin stupidity, I don’t think hes quite ready for coach of the year.

And let’s not be under any impression that he’s doing anything for free.
All great and not so great coaches have to start with there first game, we will see.

Tigerm

Coach
That's soooo funny Tm. Side note....are you telling us that your grey nomad is being towed by a 120y? Ha ha.
What about a 1974 Leyland P76 :)
View attachment 78379
Actually, I always thought if the P76 had been built better, it would have been a car before its time, big motor, big boot, plenty of room, which is what a few manufacturers build now (except the fuel guzzling motors) but alas, the poms f**ked it up.

Nutz

Bench
Actually, I always thought if the P76 had been built better, it would have been a car before its time, big motor, big boot, plenty of room, which is what a few manufacturers build now (except the fuel guzzling motors) but alas, the poms f**ked it up.
Your not the first to make comments like that mate.
My brother purchased one when he returned from Vietnam, he loved it.
I settled for my dad's HD Holden station wagon. Great car to work on but a battle with rust ha ha.
My second car was a HT Belmont panel van similar to this bad boy. WOW did I love that car and so did the girls.
SmartSelect_20230822-174012_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Last edited:
Your not the first to make comments like that mate.
My brother purchased one when he returned from Vietnam, he loved it.
I settled for my dad's HD Holden station wagon. Great car to work on but a battle with rust ha ha.
My second car was a HT Belmont panel van similar to this bad boy. WOW did I love that car and so did the girls.
View attachment 78390
I had a white one but I sold it for about double within a few weeks.

No fancy wheels, just a tradey thing.

The guy who bought it from me was a proper mechanic and he had that sky blue one in the sedan. Stock.

He worked for Caldwells. Poor old Mr Caldwell passed away via non collapsible steering wheel in a garage.

Those old cars, you had to know your gear positions.

Three on the tree.

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
I had a white one but I sold it for about double within a few weeks.

No fancy wheels, just a tradey thing.

The guy who bought it from me was a proper mechanic and he had that sky blue one in the sedan. Stock.

He worked for Caldwells. Poor old Mr Caldwell passed away via non collapsible steering wheel in a garage.

Those old cars, you had to know your gear positions.

Three on the tree.
If you learnt column gear shifts right from the start they were easy. Try trucks with a crash box and transfer case....as the sayings goes "if you can't save em lathe em" or "if ya can't find em grind em"
These memories are great stuff.
Don't waste em all TSP, it's going to be a long off season.
How about we start an off season fantasy team contest....is there such a thing in different sports like EPL or ESL

Tigerm

Coach
If you learnt column gear shifts right from the start they were easy. Try trucks with a crash box and transfer case....as the sayings goes "if you can't save em lathe em" or "if ya can't find em grind em"
These memories are great stuff.
Don't waste em all TSP, it's going to be a long off season.
How about we start an off season fantasy team contest....is there such a thing in different sports like EPL or ESL
I was a mechanic for a trucking firm (long, long time ago) and one of their best drivers drove a twin stick gear box Mack truck, with one leg and he never missed a beat. If you know the trucks, you will know how amazing this was.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Your forgetting that GTA was parachuted in by Tim and the Board to save face.

He’s not there on his own merits, he’s an integral part of the problem as his job this year with the halves shows.

He’s been quick to dump on the club in the past then and praise it when he suits him.

You can have your own opinion, I can have mine.

Of course you can have your opinion. Just like I can have the opinion that your opinion is not in line with my opinion.

Maybe it's because Benji was my favourite player for so long that I'm bias, but I'll back him to the end.

Of course you can have your opinion. Just like I can have the opinion that your opinion is not in line with my opinion.

Maybe it's because Benji was my favourite player for so long that I'm bias, but I'll back him to the end.
Well why did you start abusing me then?

I don’t get on line and tell you to personally stfu.

That’s pretty nasty, how often can I expect that?

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
I was a mechanic for a trucking firm (long, long time ago) and one of their best drivers drove a twin stick gear box Mack truck, with one leg and he never missed a beat. If you know the trucks, you will know how amazing this was.
Now trucks even have lights to tell you what gear your in ala the
Uni-Mog ha ha.
He guys, 360 is on and I'm hearing assistant coaches at Souths could be moved on immediately, Morris could be on his way??

Nutz

Bench
How did he double clutch and manipulate the revs, freak. Ha ha.

Nutz

Bench
I don't think the Morris/Wests Tigers deal has been fully played out yet.
It wasn't that long ago when Morris was being considered as our head coach and I think he may have knocked us back so coming to us as an assistant could be a step backwards for him.
The only thing that has changed since then is Benji is at the helm and he and Morris have good history together.
Is this what Morris is seeing?
Picsart_23-08-23_12-55-18-662.jpg