What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random Tigers articles from the media

Nutz

Bench
I don't think the Morris/Wests Tigers deal has been fully played out yet.
It wasn't that long ago when Morris was being considered as our head coach and I think he may have knocked us back so coming to us as an assistant could be a step backwards for him.
The only thing that has changed since then is Benji is at the helm and he and Morris have good history together.
Is this what Morris is seeing?
View attachment 78409
Or is Morris seeing this?
Picsart_23-08-23_13-00-35-020.jpg

Nutz

Bench
The Sydney Morning Herald are saying Morris done deal.
(Morris) will join incoming Tigers coach Benji Marshall as his senior assistant on a four-year deal from 2024.
“We are really excited to welcome John and his family back to our club as an assistant coach,” Marshall said in a statement from the Tigers. “His experience, his character and his attention to detail are second to none.

SmartSelect_20230823-165144_DuckDuckGo.jpg

“He is a very good person, a dedicated family man, and we share the same values. I have complete trust in him and know he’ll do a great job for us.”

From the Wests Tigers Website...

Wests Tigers is delighted to confirm that former player John Morris will be returning to the club as an assistant coach.

Morris played 300 games over 14 seasons in the NRL including three seasons at Wests Tigers, where he didn’t miss a game.

The former hooker/halfback will join Benji Marshall’s coaching team on a four-year deal at the end of this season.

Morris guided Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks to the finals in his first two seasons as head coach, before joining South Sydney where he’s been an assistant coach for the past two years.

Wests Tigers assistant coach Benji Marshall, who will become head coach in 2024, says Morris will be a great addition to the coaching staff.

“We are really excited to welcome John and his family back to our club as an assistant coach,” said Marshall.

“He is a very good person, a dedicated family man, and we share the same values.

“I have complete trust in him and know he’ll do a great job for us.”

Wests Tigers CEO Justin Pascoe is delighted to welcome Morris back to the club.

“John was identified as someone who has been a head coach, knows what it takes to be a head coach, and how much hard work is required,” said Pascoe.

“He will be a welcome addition to the coaching team we have for next season and beyond.

“I welcome John and his family back to the club and look forward to him working closely with Benji and our other assistants.”

John was a thorough professional as a player and he’s taken that same work ethic into his role as a coach....Justin Pascoe

Tigerm

Coach
The Sydney Morning Herald are saying Morris done deal.
(Morris) will join incoming Tigers coach Benji Marshall as his senior assistant on a four-year deal from 2024.
“We are really excited to welcome John and his family back to our club as an assistant coach,” Marshall said in a statement from the Tigers. “His experience, his character and his attention to detail are second to none.

View attachment 78423

“He is a very good person, a dedicated family man, and we share the same values. I have complete trust in him and know he’ll do a great job for us.”

From the Wests Tigers Website...

Wests Tigers is delighted to confirm that former player John Morris will be returning to the club as an assistant coach.

Morris played 300 games over 14 seasons in the NRL including three seasons at Wests Tigers, where he didn’t miss a game.

The former hooker/halfback will join Benji Marshall’s coaching team on a four-year deal at the end of this season.

Morris guided Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks to the finals in his first two seasons as head coach, before joining South Sydney where he’s been an assistant coach for the past two years.

Wests Tigers assistant coach Benji Marshall, who will become head coach in 2024, says Morris will be a great addition to the coaching staff.

“We are really excited to welcome John and his family back to our club as an assistant coach,” said Marshall.

“He is a very good person, a dedicated family man, and we share the same values.

“I have complete trust in him and know he’ll do a great job for us.”

Wests Tigers CEO Justin Pascoe is delighted to welcome Morris back to the club.

“John was identified as someone who has been a head coach, knows what it takes to be a head coach, and how much hard work is required,” said Pascoe.

“He will be a welcome addition to the coaching team we have for next season and beyond.

“I welcome John and his family back to the club and look forward to him working closely with Benji and our other assistants.”

John was a thorough professional as a player and he’s taken that same work ethic into his role as a coach....Justin Pascoe
The crew is starting to take shape for next year, just hope both players and coaches can get the best out of themselves.

WA Tiger

Bench
I like it. I think he is the best option. Someone Benji can trust is huge
And solid as Fk..Just what Benji needs. Especially with Robbie floating around ..(Furner and Robbie had a blow up after the warriors game - see ya later)

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench

Burgess thought he had the power of old but he’s a mouse dealing with Demetriou..D may need to tweak things a bit but he wouldn’t be fazed by all that even with Walker having a go at him at training..and he obviously has all the support of the club..Good to see morris felt the same way as Burgess but was able stay in favour unlike hot head Burgess

Nutz

Bench
He is a lawyer. Him saying see you in court is like the average Joe saying I’ll see you at the pub.
Yeh I get it FR, I'm just saying that when a Chairman threatens the club's supporters of a social media site what's that say about our club regardless of who's at fault.
I hate this sort of thing played out in the media....makes us look stupid.

WA Tiger

Bench
Yeh I get it FR, I'm just saying that when a Chairman threatens the club's supporters of a social media site what's that say about our club regardless of who's at fault.
It shut them up tho didn’t it.. And they apologised..

Front-Rower

First Grade
Agreed but it’s just hot air. Unfortunately it gives the media a beat up story that drags in the masses.

WA Tiger

Bench
It shut them up tho didn’t it.. And they apologised..
He was obviously joking about driving Moses to work if he signed..Although it prob was a dumb thing to say..They turned that all around like he was serious and they did cross the line, and run with that..So good on him..We just need to start winning..then he can wear a throne for all I care