What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ranking the clubs fullbacks

bfoord

Juniors
No but maybe you know, the fact that he's played 5 years of first grade for 1 awesome season does.

Barba was the NRLs top try scorer 2 years in a row (2011 & 2012) plus Dally M winner and fullback of the year in 2012. he also scored 10 tries in 2013, despite a season interupted with injuries and off field dramas. So that's hardly only one good year of footy.

And if he was still a Bulldogs player he would have been ranked higher on the list by many of you.

And when he dominates again in 2014, he would have many pop f you eating your words (if you could actually admit when he does, although knowing what goes on on this forum, regardless of how he plays, most will say he was Shit)

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
1. Inglis - best in the business and will be an immortal. Slater won't.
2. Slater - has had a great career, surrounded by a spineful of superstars every time he takes the field. That has helped him.
3. Stewart - a proven match winner and very consistent.

Throw a blanket over the next half dozen.
I'd put Hayne in at 4 and then the rest.

I don't think Inglis will be an immortal, he needs to win premierships and at souffs he won't get close. Slater is a fantastic player and would be in any side or era. A trackhead but a great player.

Last edited:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd have Gordon in the top 5 too btw, can't really argue with the rest of the list

bfoord

Juniors
I'd put Hayne in at 4 and then the rest.

I don't think Inglis will be an immortal, he needs to win premierships and at souffs he won't get close. Slater is a fantastic player and would be in any side or era. A trackhead but a great player.

On his day he is a top 4 fullback, but his days are just too few and far between. And his inconsistency would IMO drop him from the top 4 fullbacks.

carcharias

Immortal
Slater . He's done it all as a fullback.
run , jump , pass , catch, evade, score, tackle, stop try's ....
I don't really think he is a cat ...plenty of other players who get away with heaps more that don't cop half as much flak.

_Johnsy

Referee
Slater . He's done it all as a fullback.
run , jump , pass , catch, evade, score, tackle, stop try's ....
I don't really think he is a cat ...plenty of other players who get away with heaps more that don't cop half as much flak.

What? No ninja kick to the head.

Tommy Smith

Referee
The only mark against Slater is that he's been an abomination at rep level.

Cost Australia a world cup and generally been average at Origin level, dropping bombs for fun. Even Inglis went on holiday during the most important month of his career in September this year.

My favourite is the Dugan. He's a machine.

Tommy Smith

Referee
I think Hayne is consistent ... consistently injured sadly.

He's a freak and is always the best player in one of the worst club sides of all time. Just imagine if he played 26 weeks as Roosters fb in 2014.

He'd tear the comp a new ass hole.

some11

Referee
I wish Hayne played for ANY other club, I want to see him play a full season in a competent side.

carcharias

Immortal
What? No ninja kick to the head.

Can you blame him ?
He is trying to catch a bomb and more than likely about to be hammered by a bloke twice his size .
Imagine how many times during his days he's been smashed late in that situation.
How many times has it ( kung fu kick )actually happened? I can recall maybe 2.
Cameron smith has done loads worse.
Steve price was another who did heaps worse.

And if he can Kung fu a dude while 5 ft off the ground in middle of
Catching a bomb then good luck to him.
I'd have him in my team everyday of the week .

magpie4ever

First Grade

He's a freak and is always the best player in one of the worst club sides of all time. Just imagine if he played 26 weeks as Roosters fb in 2014.

I'm guessing your ass hole has been torn up many times. You dropkick.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Lol wtf?

Haha someone has angry man syndrome.

I don't even know who you are but obviously I've been on your mind. Sorry for upsetting you.

Tone83

Juniors
I wish Hayne played for ANY other club, I want to see him play a full season in a competent side.
Well he will next year. His 09 team wasn't that great, he just had a partner in crime in Inu, another dangerous guy to take a little pressure off, with Will Hoppa coming in, and the possibility of Loko improving, Hayne will find more space and I think will tear the NRL to shreds again.

Parra Pride

Coach

Hayne had a fairly good run with injury apart from the last 2-3 seasons, hopefully he gets past that and is on the field for uses much as possible next year.

Also agreed he'd carve most teams apart if you put him in one of the top sides.

Big Pete

Referee
Tommy Smith said:
The only mark against Slater is that he's been an abomination at rep level.

Cost Australia a world cup and generally been average at Origin level

By no means has Slater been perfect at Origin level, but he's been a genuine match winner on a number of occasions for the Maroons and would rank right up there with the best fullbacks to have ever participated in the series.

The World Cup final and the Storm salary cap drama is the only real mark on his career.

Latest posts