What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ranking the clubs fullbacks

Panther_Daz

Staff member
I don't think Moylan will be the Panthers fullback next year. Kevin Naiqama is the favourite IMO with Dallin Watene-Zelezniak the roughie. DWZ will be the long term number 1 though.

Can't believe how many people are ranking Stewart better than Hayne. No doubt Stewart is a great player and Hayne is bit injury prone but isn't this about ranking the current quality of each player instead of who had a better year?

Hayne constantly shows how good he is at rep level and you cannot expect Hayne to carry a team with no halfback, no hooker, a bunch of young outside backs and probably the worst forward pack in the NRL. If the eels had Stewart instead of Hayne they would not have won a game this year.

Kiwi

First Grade
People think Dugan is better than Stewart? Wow.

that's because it's true. Stewart is a great finisher, has great speed, and has scored a lot of tries, but unlike Dugan who can create Stewart is a finisher at best

Tone83

Juniors
I don't think Moylan will be the Panthers fullback next year. Kevin Naiqama is the favourite IMO with Dallin Watene-Zelezniak the roughie. DWZ will be the long term number 1 though.
Agreed, it's gotta be Kev. Moylan should just leave his dress on and continue reporting on injuries for the footy show, he's not half bad at that.

Special K

Coach
I wish Hayne played for ANY other club, I want to see him play a full season in a competent side.

Agreed. I think it would benefit him and the Eels if he did ever move on. He is such a gun but seems to lose focus. I guess it would be hard for him as he has been the best player in every team he has played in since he has been there.

Loudstrat

Coach
I think Hayne is consistent ... consistently injured sadly.

He's a freak and is always the best player in one of the worst club sides of all time. Just imagine if he played 26 weeks as Roosters fb in 2014.

He'd tear the comp a new ass hole.
And watch SBW get the credit.......

Bellyache must be taking the piss.

I reckon Inglis last season exceeded Slater at his best. But no one has a highlight reel from one season like this one.

[youtube]fGob48zyJng[/youtube]

Iafeta

Referee
Tomkins isn't the best get over it

lol - what did he do to you, kidnap and torture your kitten?

The bloke hasn't even played NRL yet. Lets wait till he actually does before we appraise him one way or the other me thinks.

Parra Pride

Coach
Agreed. I think it would benefit him and the Eels if he did ever move on. He is such a gun but seems to lose focus. I guess it would be hard for him as he has been the best player in every team he has played in since he has been there.

That's a stupid suggestion, we would never benefit from him leaving our club. I don't think he loses focus, he just hasn't had much else to work with in recent times, hopefully Hoppa and. Norman can change that. Loko getting through a season without injury would also be a big plus, as would Kelepi picking right back up from where he left off before getting injured, he will be a great back rower for us.

That's a stupid suggestion, we would never benefit from him leaving our club. I don't think he loses focus, he just hasn't had much else to work with in recent times, hopefully Hoppa and. Norman can change that. Loko getting through a season without injury would also be a big plus, as would Kelepi picking right back up from where he left off before getting injured, he will be a great back rower for us.
Paulo seems like a good player too. If he can carry his WC form into 2014 that is.

Joely01

Bench
I think it's now
1. Inglis
2. Hayne
3. Slater

I think the gap between Inglis and Hayne isn't that great either. One just has much better support with his club side then the other.

mozza91

Coach
Darius > than all. More Dally M points than any FB this year and is the best ballplaying FB in the comp. all other Nuffies pale in comparison

Loudstrat

Coach
lol - what did he do to you, kidnap and torture your kitten?

The bloke hasn't even played NRL yet. Lets wait till he actually does before we appraise him one way or the other me thinks.
This bloke has bigger wraps on his ability than any expat Pom since Morely, maybe Hanley. He will probably be the buy of 2014.

IMHO Inglis is a fair way ahead of the pack. But it beats me where all this "Hayne loses focus" shit comes from. He's been carrying our club AND our state for 5-6 seasons now - no other player in the world has born that burden. Parramatta has been sh*t since the cheaters narrowly beat us in the 09 GF - apart from Hayne.

Tone83

Juniors
I think it's now
1. Inglis
2. Hayne
3. Slater

I think the gap between Inglis and Hayne isn't that great either. One just has much better support with his club side then the other.
GI is my hero and god on earth as far as I'm concerned, but I agree, hayne isn't as far behind as it seems. Everyone else is.

I mostly attribute the confidence that his been placed in inglis over the years at SOO level, that is what turned him from a freakishly naturally gifted player, to a great player. If hayne had the same confidence placed in him (ie being an automatic NSW selection every time, no questions asked and no doubt about it, recognised as obviously the best player at blues disposal and trusted to play how he wants, and regardless of form), he'd be just as great. NSW squanders talent.

Tone83

Juniors
Darius > than all. More Dally M points than any FB this year and is the best ballplaying FB in the comp. all other Nuffies pale in comparison
Lol. If I could wipe my arse with one forum post, I'd choose this one.
Darius is lucky to be in the nrl.

Joely01

Bench
GI is my hero and god on earth as far as I'm concerned, but I agree, hayne isn't as far behind as it seems. Everyone else is.

I mostly attribute the confidence that his been placed in inglis over the years at SOO level, that is what turned him from a freakishly naturally gifted player, to a great player. If hayne had the same confidence placed in him (ie being an automatic NSW selection every time, no questions asked and no doubt about it, recognised as obviously the best player at blues disposal and trusted to play how he wants, and regardless of form), he'd be just as great. NSW squanders talent.

I agree 100%, Hayne should be a walk up starter and at fullback every year for the blues. It's typical of the selectors though who continue to pick him out of position. If Hayne doesn't get injured and plays the last 2 origin games, I go as far as saying NSW wins the series.

It's not just attack for both Inglis and Hayne, it's their defence that really puts them ahead of the pack.

Do you beat women too?