What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ranking the clubs fullbacks

Tone83

Juniors
Laurie "confessed" to being an aborigine about 5 years ago, lol. I still remember the footy show episode, tears in his eyes. NSW really must have made people comfortable with their aboriginality.

typicalfan

Coach
Laurie Daley not lambasting it over the public doesn't mean he his isnt proud of his heritage. He wanted what he did to define him rather than what he said. Not everyone needs to yell who they are and where they are from to the media.

ek999

First Grade
c'mon who?

Mundine of course. Easily the best player of his generation but always had chumps like Fittler and Daley picked instead of him. Or maybe Blacklock, the greatest winger ever, even better then Ken Irvine.

Can't be Merritt though. He's shit

Radical Rat

Juniors
You're just wrong about Boyd, he's not a bloke with a lot of ability playing within himself. He's a bloke with no ability playing out of his skin, playing to his complete and utter potential, oozing with confidence. He was picked as a rep player simply because there was no one else and he was a bronco, from there he's developed a confidence, mistakenly believing he's a great player on par with the rest of the maroons, and it has resulted in him playing with supreme confidence because he believes in himself. So he plays to his potential all the time.

The problem is he has no potential.

Can you please explain how he plays to his potential if he has none? Surely he must have potential if he's playing to it as you've described.

Do you even read the shit you write?

Your list of blunders is growing at an alarming rate.

Joker's Wild

Coach
lol WTF? Has no confidence but has confidence because he was picked to play for the Maroons?

Its like Tone has a mini stroke everytime he posts

Raider_69

Post Whore
:lol: apparently you cant be proud of your heritage unless if your shouting about it from the roof tops and using it as an excuse for not making rep teams over far superior footballers

Classic Tone. What a battler.

Rebel

First Grade
1 Slater
2 Inglis
3 Tomkins
4 Hayne
5 Barba

RTS will prob be in the mix somewhere.

Tone83

Juniors
lol WTF? Has no confidence but has confidence because he was picked to play for the Maroons?

Its like Tone has a mini stroke everytime he posts
I never said he has no confidence, he has tonnes of confidence, so he plays with confidence and plays to his potential. A normal dude playing with supreme confidence to his potential ends up looking like a half decent player, possibly even better than a player with supreme ability who has not been instilled with confidence.

Everyone has an innate potential that they're just born with, separate to that is how much work they put in, and then separate again is how much confidence they have, which is the key to unlock the potential and work on game day.

Boyd's innate potential is quite average, he's just a standard average guy, but he's undoubtedly worked hard, and he's also confident, and that confidence has been bolstered in large part by being selected for rep teams and having success, despite initially really not deserving it. He never stood out as a good player before being picked for a rep side, they just had to pick someone and they went with him.

The same could be said for Morris. I even remember wolfman played out of his skin for a year or so, and it was literally because the wolf stuff made him a bit of a star and he fed off that and played with confidence and somewhat well. The reality check was ofcourse facing off against inglis in SOO, being trampled like a piece of garbage, which no doubt dented his confidence and put him back in his rightful place as barely good enough to be in the NRL. That's the true place where his potential always was, but his confidence lifted him out of that temporarily.

Boyd is yet to get his confidence trampled because he's been lucky enough to play on winning rep sides and not make too many mistakes.

carcharias

Immortal
I think I recall the wolfman Team destroying inglis's storm 40 to nil.

So there goes that stupid theory

Tone83

Juniors
That post is as dumb as fat gal looks in your signature.
Like wolfman has had anything to do with the success of the eagles. Managing to score about 50% of the certain gimmes handed to him by Lyon is not impressive. The fact he blundered the other 50% is the notable statistic. Literally any other winger, any other human being, could have done better than Wolfman has.

Tone83

Juniors
Laurie Daley not lambasting it over the public doesn't mean he his isnt proud of his heritage. He wanted what he did to define him rather than what he said. Not everyone needs to yell who they are and where they are from to the media.
Being an aborigine is kind of a big deal to aborigines, they really have no choice but to be proud, or ashamed. Society and history allows for no neutrality. But this a complex issue no doubt beyond your ignorance.

Daley was clearly ashamed, and it's telling of the culture in NSW, certainly at the time he was playing. By 2008 or whatever it was Daley had worked up the courage to let people know he's indigenous, no doubt thanks to huge strides and advances in indigenous relations and the growing positive culture of celebration indigenous people and making them proud of their heritage.

NSW is a bit behind the ball on this issue compared to QLD.

carcharias

Immortal
I think I also recall manly coming back from 14 nil to end souths season this year.
Wolf man scored one of the greatest wingers try's of the last 10 years.
Not bad for a bloke who broke his neck not all that long ago.

Did Inglis play or go missing again?

ek999

First Grade
Being an aborigine is kind of a big deal to aborigines, they really have no choice but to be proud, or ashamed. Society and history allows for no neutrality. But this a complex issue no doubt beyond your ignorance.

Daley was clearly ashamed, and it's telling of the culture in NSW, certainly at the time he was playing. By 2008 or whatever it was Daley had worked up the courage to let people know he's indigenous, no doubt thanks to huge strides and advances in indigenous relations and the growing positive culture of celebration indigenous people and making them proud of their heritage.

NSW is a bit behind the ball on this issue compared to QLD.

1. Are you Aboriginal? If you're not (and from what you have typed I don't think you are) then I don't see how you can talk about how Aboriginal people should feel and act and you are the one showing ignorance
2. Laurie Daley was never secretive about the fact he is Aboriginal, he just never spoke about it unnecessarily. If anyone ever asked him about his heritage he spoke to them and was open about it. The interview I think you are referring to wasn't some coming out interview, it was after he accepted the job of Indigenous All-Stars coach in 2010.
3. It is clear you have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to Rugby League or life in general

BTW here's a quote from Laurie discussing his heritage

"People look at you and go, 'nah, you're not Aboriginal, you look a bit different to the Aboriginal people I know'.

"That's wrong, but it's what happens. People thought I was Greek or Italian. I told them about my heritage and they just flat out didn't believe me.

"My team-mates always knew, all my friends knew, there was never any secret.

"I never set out to keep it quiet, not in a million years. It just never seemed like an issue to bring up, but I guess people in the rugby league public never knew."
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/daley-indigenous-and-proud-of-it/story-e6frfgbo-1225908228369

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Laurie "confessed" to being an aborigine about 5 years ago, lol. I still remember the footy show episode, tears in his eyes. NSW really must have made people comfortable with their aboriginality.

Are you f*cking high?

Daley has never made a secret about being Aboriginal you numbskull.