What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ranking the clubs fullbacks

Tone83

Juniors
I think I also recall manly coming back from 14 nil to end souths season this year.
Wolf man scored one of the greatest wingers try's of the last 10 years.
Not bad for a bloke who broke his neck not all that long ago.

Did Inglis play or go missing again?
So wolfman is better than GI now, ok genius. Lol.

bottle

Coach
Tone, dictating turds, talking shit, and loving crap players.

There's a common theme there, and it stinks.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Tone, dictating turds, talking shit, and loving crap players.

There's a common theme there, and it stinks.

Pretty standard. At first I thought Terrible Tones was takin' the piss, but he seems to genuinely believe the sh*t he dribbles. I do like reading his Dave Taylor comments especially

typicalfan

Coach
Being an aborigine is kind of a big deal to aborigines, they really have no choice but to be proud, or ashamed. Society and history allows for no neutrality. But this a complex issue no doubt beyond your ignorance.

Daley was clearly ashamed, and it's telling of the culture in NSW, certainly at the time he was playing. By 2008 or whatever it was Daley had worked up the courage to let people know he's indigenous, no doubt thanks to huge strides and advances in indigenous relations and the growing positive culture of celebration indigenous people and making them proud of their heritage.

NSW is a bit behind the ball on this issue compared to QLD.
let me keep this simple. You really have NFI what you are talking about.

Joker's Wild

Coach
I never said he has no confidence, he has tonnes of confidence, so he plays with confidence and plays to his potential. A normal dude playing with supreme confidence to his potential ends up looking like a half decent player, possibly even better than a player with supreme ability who has not been instilled with confidence.

Everyone has an innate potential that they're just born with, separate to that is how much work they put in, and then separate again is how much confidence they have, which is the key to unlock the potential and work on game day.

Boyd's innate potential is quite average, he's just a standard average guy, but he's undoubtedly worked hard, and he's also confident, and that confidence has been bolstered in large part by being selected for rep teams and having success, despite initially really not deserving it. He never stood out as a good player before being picked for a rep side, they just had to pick someone and they went with him.

The same could be said for Morris. I even remember wolfman played out of his skin for a year or so, and it was literally because the wolf stuff made him a bit of a star and he fed off that and played with confidence and somewhat well. The reality check was ofcourse facing off against inglis in SOO, being trampled like a piece of garbage, which no doubt dented his confidence and put him back in his rightful place as barely good enough to be in the NRL. That's the true place where his potential always was, but his confidence lifted him out of that temporarily.

Boyd is yet to get his confidence trampled because he's been lucky enough to play on winning rep sides and not make too many mistakes.

lol you are seriously deluded if you think just anyone could be an NRL first grader, let alone a SOO and Intl rep by just being "nurtured" and "confident"

Your right hand must havev blisters by now

Eelementary

Post Whore
1 Slater
2 Inglis
3 Tomkins
4 Hayne
5 Barba

RTS will prob be in the mix somewhere.

Tomkins ahead of Hayne? This, despite Tomkins not having played NRL yet and Hayne being an instrumental part of the Kangaroos' World Cup campaign?

Well...ok, then.

Porkie

Juniors
Laurie "confessed" to being an aborigine about 5 years ago, lol. I still remember the footy show episode, tears in his eyes. NSW really must have made people comfortable with their aboriginality.

That is total crap. He is my wife's cousin and is very proud of his heritage. I've known him for over 20 years.

Stop bullshitting to back up your ridiculous opinions.

Springs

First Grade
1. Greg Inglis
2. Billy Slater
3. Jarryd Hayne
4. Sam Tomkins
5. Brett Stewart
6. Josh Dugan
7. Anthony Milford
8. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
9. Michael Gordon
10. Anthony Minichiello
11. Ben Barba
12. Josh Hoffman
13. Darius Boyd
14. Kevin Locke
15. Peta Hiku
16. Lachlan Coote
17. Reece Robinson
18. Kevin Naiqama
19. Matt Moylan
20. Nathan Gardner
21. James Tedesco
22. William Zillman
23. Nathan Merritt
24. Jason Nightingale
25. Corey Norman
26. Drury Low
27. Kurt Gidley
28. David Mead
29. Tim Moltzen

POPEYE

Coach
Tomkins ahead of Hayne? This, despite Tomkins not having played NRL yet and Hayne being an instrumental part of the Kangaroos' World Cup campaign?

Well...ok, then.

I think he's taking a punt on Tomkins, considering his next best is Barba. Forget Hayne as a fullback, he's not busy enough in the essential things, he could however still become the deadliest centre in the game if he stops being dictatorial to people who know what's best

afinalsin666

First Grade
Lol Barba and The Dugan ahead of Stewart

Nothing you say from this point on has even the slightest bit of credibility, much like a Melbourne premiership

I was screwing around if it wasn't exceedingly obvious. But you are right, Snake is a badass. Shame he doesn't get recognition for it.

Big LIMA

Juniors
1. Slater
2. Inglis
3. Hayne
4. Stewart
5. Dugan
6. Gordon
7. Hoffman
8. Tomkins
9. Boyd
10. Barba
11. Naiqama
12. Minichiello
13. Coote
14. Robinson
15. Zillman
16. Moltzen

Tone83

Juniors
Hodges and Inu are two of the best fullbacks in the nrl but for some reason don't get played there. Hodges I get now that he's old and broken but Inu should be the fullback for the dogs especially now that barba's gone.