What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rate the five-eighths form this season

NAS

Juniors
1) Benji Marshall- finally living up to the reputation.....He's playing great atm. though the test is now without timmy moltzen.

2) Brett Finch- is once again showing that he's at his best when ppl write him off.

3) Kieran Foran- how good is this kid going to to be???? playing like a vet already..

4) Luke Lewis- Is playing brilliantly atm.....for mine would be the NSW 5/8.

5) Braith Anasta- All he has to do is stay out of the Pearce/Carney show, and he's doing a good job of it.

6) Jamie Soward- Not as good as he was last year, but still getting the job done.

7) Greg Bird- He looks out of shape to me, although played well against the titans.

8) John Sutton- neck surgery in the offseason has left him a little out of shape and gun shy.....although he's improving and will be the biggest mover in this list.

9) Ray Thompson- I like the look of this kid...Class all over!!! a real talent..He's just a year off I think.

10) Joel Moon- never rated him.......I think the warriors have better options in the juniors.

11) Jarrod Mullen- Really out of form at the moment. I know what he's capable of, I just can't see it right now.....I hope he comes good.

12) Terry Campese- struggling early on...less tv, more footy campo.

13) Darren Lockyer- The great man looks tired and is on old old legs.

14) Ben Roberts- he must be back on the booze, because that's how he's playing!!!

15) Trent Barrett- struggling big time.....not the player he once was.

16) Daniel Mortimer- can anyone say second year syndrome......a big problem for the eels.....

Gaba

First Grade
people have made comments shut down soward and you will shut down the dragons, soward has been quiet , so it proves people's theory about the dragons wrong.

Where you shut down marshall , you shut down the tigers ,

Last edited:

user_nat

Coach
people have made comments shut down soward and you will shut down the dragons, soward has been quiet , so it proves people's theory about the dragons wrong.

Luckily for the Dragons both Boyd and Hornby have been good this year, making Sowards bad year less noticable.

Didgi

No, they have Payne and (had) Moltzen, and will be getting Lui back, both are quality players IMO, their backline isnt the best known but is in outstanding form.

Gaba

First Grade
Luckily for the Dragons both Boyd and Hornby have been good this year, making Sowards bad year less noticable.
proves my point , soward isnt the main attacker in the dragons

what about other teams , who can they turn too when their main attacker is shut down

since this is about 5/8

marshall is no 1

Last edited:

Didgi

still proves my point though , soward isnt the main attacker in the dragons

what about other teams , who can they turn too when their main attacker is shut down

Assuming main attacker = half or 5/8
Cowboys - Payne, Bowen
Titans - Campbell
Broncos - Wallace
Storm - Their whole muthafkn team
Warriors - Hohaia, or Maloney
Bulldogs - Ennis, Barba
Roosters - Anasta, Carney has been good
Parra - Hayne, though he is probably their main attacker

Gaba

First Grade
Assuming main attacker = half or 5/8
Cowboys - Payne, Bowen
Titans - Campbell
Broncos - Wallace
Storm - Their whole muthafkn team
Warriors - Hohaia, or Maloney
Bulldogs - Ennis, Barba
Roosters - Anasta, Carney has been good
Parra - Hayne, though he is probably their main attacker

storm - smith and cronk

redandgreenduck

Juniors
If I don't like it I'll express my opinion. That's what forums are for. Freedom of speech right?

Personally I think it's idiotic to judge a player's form and rank them after just 4 weeks. There's too many variables to consider. The amount of home games, quality of opposition, the performance of the rest of the side, off season surgery and recovery time, players adjusting to new positions, players adjusting to playing with new combinations etc.
So you are saying your not sure?

flamin

Juniors
His best game by far. I was very impressed with his kicking. Need to see him repeat it against quality opposition before I start getting too excited.
This bodes really well for the May test. Its the first time I've seen it where the stand-out half in the world is from NZ - not to mention Foran who's also going great.