What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Rate the Fullbacks

Good point.

Tedesco was another example... think he did a knee on his debut??

And while it's a different sport - Pat Cummins made his test debut in his teens then was out with injuries over 3-4 seasons.. now look at him...

Tedesco did his ACL in 2012 in the 30th minute of his first game of te regular season, which was against the Sharks.

He played most of 2013 with a cracked fibula. In 2014 when playing the Canberra Raiders, in Round 16, he fractured his patella which ruled him out for the rest of the season.

In 2016 he injured his shoulder in round 9 which put him out for a few weeks (until just before Origin 3). Near the end of the season he wound up with a broken jaw after a tackle by Ryan James.

It was only his 2015 and 2017 seasons which were un-marred by injury whilst at the Tigers. 2017 is when Tedesco won the RLPA Player of the Year award.

Last edited:

Spot On

Coach
Right now, considering past and present form-

1- Tom T
2- Tedesco
3- Tuivasa Sheck
4- Papenhuyzen
5- Mitchell

... and Gutho to clearly round out the top 6.

People can rank them in the order they see fit, but those 6 are well ahead of the rest.

The_Frog

First Grade
Our fullback isn't the fastest and doesn't have the best step, and he even misses a tackle occasionally. But he's part of a unit where the total is greater than the sum of its parts, and he was sorely missed when he was out.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The Broncos have the no.16 fullback place tied up for 3 consecutive years.

If any sense they'd be going after Nico Hynes. A spine of Reynolds, Hynes and B Smith would be very handy for them! If Staggs can add to that spine in the 6 is still to be seen.

mxlegend99

Referee
Our fullback isn't the fastest and doesn't have the best step, and he even misses a tackle occasionally. But he's part of a unit where the total is greater than the sum of its parts, and he was sorely missed when he was out.
Yeah Edwards is solid. But f**k if you threw Turbo in the #1 jersey at Panthers we couldn't be beaten unless he was injured.

I think a few others would improve us a bit (ie. Teddy, Paps and RTS.). But Turbo is worth probably a 30 to 40 point turnaround for Manly. No other fullback is close to having that much influence on their own.

The_Frog

First Grade
Yeah Edwards is solid. But f**k if you threw Turbo in the #1 jersey at Panthers we couldn't be beaten unless he was injured.

I think a few others would improve us a bit (ie. Teddy, Paps and RTS.). But Turbo is worth probably a 30 to 40 point turnaround for Manly. No other fullback is close to having that much influence on their own.
You can wrap him up, I'll take him. But how can we stop him doing hamstrings?

Valheru

Coach

That is because that is the one position that you guys seem to have absolutely no depth. Crighton is a good player but a shit fullback.

Take us for example where we have manu who would be a starting fullback for half the teams in the comp. Ditto for storm with Hynes.

Valheru

Coach

I'm not going to bag TT at all, he is sensational but I do think it is mostly a mental thing for Manly now. They don't believe they can win without him.

betcats

Referee
That is because that is the one position that you guys seem to have absolutely no depth. Crighton is a good player but a shit fullback.

Take us for example where we have manu who would be a starting fullback for half the teams in the comp. Ditto for storm with Hynes.

Manu is not a very good fullback. He wishes he was same as Crichton does, but he isnt.

Staines will be our next fullback, next season he and Turuva will be the options after Edwards, we have it covered.

DeeJ

Bench
If any sense they'd be going after Nico Hynes. A spine of Reynolds, Hynes and B Smith would be very handy for them! If Staggs can add to that spine in the 6 is still to be seen.

I'd love it if they went after Hynes. He must be thinking he is good enough to be an NRL starter if that's any kind of carrot.

AnonymousLurker

Juniors
Tedesco to become best ever player to grace the field
He will have entire sides sin binned and sent off with new edict that it’s the tacklers fault even if players fall into tackles
Rorters 2021 premiers

Fangs

Coach
Prince Charles Staines will rocket into discussions when he assumes his throne at fullback.

Tiger5150

Bench

Serious non shitstirring question, would you have Daine Laurie at 1 if he was still there?

magpie_man

Juniors
I'd love it if they went after Hynes. He must be thinking he is good enough to be an NRL starter if that's any kind of carrot.

Going by his tête-à-tête with Matthew Johns I don't see him going anywhere, unless his agent leads him astray.
If he sits tight the Melbourne #6 may open up for him if Munster gets successfully targeted by the new Brisbane team.

mxlegend99

Referee
Serious non shitstirring question, would you have Daine Laurie at 1 if he was still there?
Would just be a sideways step IMO. Has some advantages over Edwards. But gives up a bit to Edwards in other areas. Unlike Turbo who is like replacing him with a cheat code character with maxed stats across the board.

He would definitely have been handy when Edwards was out. Crichton was horrible at fullback. Edwards suits our team well because he is our fittest players, puts in 100% on every thing he does and aside from a 2 month period back in 2019 has been fairly safe at the back.

Im sure Laurie will continue to improve and at some point be clearly better than Edwards. But we have similar options still at the club with that potential already. None have Turbo potential though.

Fangs

Coach

No he wouldn't be. He was definately behind Edwards.

Critchton and Staines would also have a claim to the position. Laurie was surplus along with Caleb Aikens.