What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rate your team

I dont agree that Arana and Benji could be the best halves pairing, Benji is good but Arana is not the no.7 he needs, he cant organise a team and direct them around the field, they are very similar players, Benji needs a no nonsense no.7

I am still not sure which way we will go. I can see one of Taumata/Moltzen at fullback and the other one at halfback. Sheens loves halves at fullback.

user_nat

Coach
Sharks
Backs - 3/10 Worst era of backs I've ever seen at the Sharks
Halves - 6/10 Barrett is solid, but thats about it
Forwards - 8/10 Good pack, and most likely speedier than the backline ;)

2010 Finish - 12th

I think you are the first person to not think top 8 for their team.

ByRd

First Grade
I am still not sure which way we will go. I can see one of Taumata/Moltzen at fullback and the other one at halfback. Sheens loves halves at fullback.
Yeh Taumata has talent but is he a no.7 that will lead you guys to the finals and beyond, not really sure of that.

mongoose

Coach
Raiders

Backs 6.5 - Very young and raw. I'm more worried about their defence than their ability to score tries. Has the potential to be a great backline in 2011.

Halves/Hooker 6 - As long as Tongue doesnt interfere and campese grows some balls again and runs the ball we should be better. Halfback is still a problem but McCrone was going ok. Waddel should step up in the hooker position.

Forwards - 8.5 - Good depth and rep experience for a number of them. If guys like Thurling and Picker get back to form then look out.

Expected finish 6th - 10th.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Backs 6/10- Jennings and Gordon stand out. The loss of Tia Kilifi is a blow and I'm not exactly excited about the likes of Simmons or Elford.

Halves- 6/10- Walsh did well in his early weeks but struggled after injuries hit the team and the pressure built. Graham is still raw

Forwards- 8/10- Feeling better about our chances in 09 following the signings of Laurie and Plum. They could add something we lack- impact off the bench. Hopefully Petero remains healthy and we have Aussie reps in Lewis and Waterhouse. Frank P remains an enigma hopefully he can increase the number of games 'he feels bothered about' for next season.

VERDICT- We're not a contender realistically. After 5 seasons of abject mediocrity a 7th or 8th place finish would be seen as decent. If they make it 6 straight seasons without a finals berth heads must roll. I believe they can sneak in this time because they were close last time and the draw isn't too bad. Elliot sucks but we have funnily enough improved under him each season, improve again and we might sneak into the 8.

ozbash

Referee
The Mighty Warriors

backs - 3/10 With the exception of Manu and K.Locke (when the coach allowed him the latitude to play his natural game), our backs were a huge dissapointment. Ropati was shocking, Kemp was pathetic, Tate was injured, McKinnon was weak and ineffectual.

halves - 5/10 Although the decision to bring Stacey Jones back for another year was undoubtably a bad move, the Little General offerred more enthusiasm than the rest of the team put together, we had numerous 5/8ths and no one seemed interested.. next year will be better, I hope.

hooker - 3/10 we got rid of Fein and he turned on the heat for his new club - Dragons. We used Henderson most of the season and while he was keen, he had little support and was often left high and dry . next year will be better

pack - 2/10 gutless, limpwristed nancy boys. A tackleaholic in Luck and a metre eater in Price. Both offered sfa else as did the rest of the pack who wouldnt support them. I got the feeling Pricey was saving himself for Origin.

we should have got the spoon, thinking back on it. A very un-warrior like season...

Bazal

Post Whore
EELS

Backs-9.5/10

Our biggest strength, really, and the reason for our style of play. When you start talking about who will miss out from Grothe/Inu/Burt, that's something of an embarrassment of riches. All are rep standard players except maybe Burty, and he's been in cracking form. We have speed, power, and flair in the back line and that should lead to plenty of points.

Halves/Hooker-7/10

Not much experience between KK and Mortimer, who should be the starting halves. Robson has been around for years but you wouldn't call him experienced either, nor is he that skillful. Plenty of talent in the two young guys but can they overcome their inexperience when the pressure of expectation is on?

Forwards-8.5/10

Shackleton and Poore are great signings for us, adding mongrel to our pack. At the same time, I think Galuvao and Lowrie are bigger losses in the back row than people think. Both came off the bench and did a great job of holding us together, and the question will be whether their replacements can do that consistently. That said, our go forward should improve immensely with Poore and Shackleton in the starting side, and Mateo back at lock will provide great variety. Ben Smith off the bench needs to keep improving, as does young Tim Mannah.

Depth-5/10

Something I thought I'd add, because it's very important. Ando is still working on depth, it would seem. We have great depth in the backs...One of this years starting 5 will miss out, Jono Wright handled himself very well on a huge stage in the semi's and Benny Smith can do a great job at centre in a pinch. The halves are pretty well covered too, with Robbo waiting in NSW Cup. But the forwards and hooker are a bit lacking, having lost Galuvao, Lowrie, Brod Wright, Kevin Kingston (barring a miracle) and Jeremy Latimore this season. An injury or two at hooker and/or the pack could see us forced to use either useless nuffies like Hauraki or inexperienced blokes like Mitchell Johnson.

Overall, we should be top 4 or 5...but our depth is certainly a weak point IMO.

snoozer

Bench
sharks

backs 4
halves 5
fowards 7

2010 - 8th.

this is the funniest thing i've read for a long time.

SYDNEY ROOSTERS

BACKS - 7/10

The backs are good without being outstanding. Phil Graham has added a bit of pace to our backline and Anthony Minichiello can keep injury-free, I think we will be in with a big chance at making the 8. Shaun Kenny-Dowall needs to pick up his game and I think with Brian Smith as coach, Kenny-Dowall should hopefully perform more consistent. Sam Perrett is always good as usual. If Setaimata Sa returns, play him in the centres and shift Mitch Aubusson into lock.

HALVES - 8.5/10

Our halves will be very good IMO. Whether Todd Carney or Braith Anasta is partnering Pearce, both will be more than an adequate halves partner. I think all 3 will shine next year and fingers crossed, at least one to get picked in the NSW Origin side.

FOWARDS - 7/10

The forwards look a bit light up front so I gave them a rating of 7. But if Jason Ryles turns out to be another signing, I'd bump the rating up to 8. If Willie Mason can play his best footy next year, and can be backed up by the likes of Nate Myles, Lopini Paea and Jake Friend, we will do well next year. Also we've got a lot of relatively young players in Anthony Cherrington, Jared Wearea-Hargreaves, Tom Symonds, Martin Kennedy, Stanley Waqa and Daniel Conn so there's good depth in the pack.

how you can give your halves 8.5 when you finished last(behind us no less!) is beyond me.

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
Dragons

Backs 6 With the exception of Morris an impotent backline with limited attacking ability.

Halves/Hooker 6 Soward has moments of brilliance but they lack creativity. Need to provide more than a good defensive kicking game.

Forwards 8 Strong pack with an outstanding second row. Dominated the first 20 weeks of the comp then fell apart. However, they still lead the team to the minor premiership which was an achievement. Need to create more 2nd phase play to compensate for attacking deficiencies for the rest of the team.

Very disappointed with Wayne Bennets handling of the finals series. He basically waved the white flag. You can't win a competition hiding in a shell.

Can't win next year unless there are some major changes to the style of football being produced. The finals were a fair indication of where the team stands.

footy1

Juniors
sharks

backs 4
halves 5
fowards 7

2010 - 8th.

this is the funniest thing i've read for a long time.

how you can give your halves 8.5 when you finished last(behind us no less!) is beyond me.

Our halves were not that bad last year. It was the forward pack that had nothing. Before Anasta got injured, he was going really well and Pearce was too far behind him. Now we've got Carney, he'll add even more to our team but the pack needs to step up big time.

aussie7798

First Grade
Dragons

Backs 6 With the exception of Morris an impotent backline with limited attacking ability.

Halves/Hooker 6 Soward has moments of brilliance but they lack creativity. Need to provide more than a good defensive kicking game.

Forwards 8 Strong pack with an outstanding second row. Dominated the first 20 weeks of the comp then fell apart. However, they still lead the team to the minor premiership which was an achievement. Need to create more 2nd phase play to compensate for attacking deficiencies for the rest of the team.

Very disappointed with Wayne Bennets handling of the finals series. He basically waved the white flag. You can't win a competition hiding in a shell.

Can't win next year unless there are some major changes to the style of football being produced. The finals were a fair indication of where the team stands.

I feel for the bottom teams if you are marking the minor premiers with a 6,6,8

Big Pete

Referee
Brisbane Broncos:

Backs - 7 (Good)
Despite the loss of Hunt, the Broncos backline shapes up as one of the better backlines in the competition with a healthy score of seven thanks to the names of Justin Hodges and Israel Folau. The choice of Hunt's heir will determine whether the score remains, increases or decreases.

Halves - 7
With the Australian captain and New South Wales halfback, the Broncos halves pairing shapes up as one of the most dominant in '10. The inclusions of Smith and Hunt only helps bolster the score.

Forwards - 4
In spite of a good backrow, the Broncos lack proper front row forwards and may face a similar scenario in 2010 that they did in the middle part of 09 unless somebody steps up to the plate.

Latest posts