What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ratings disaster for Seven

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razor

Coach
AuckMel said:
Sunday nights game comes out next week.

Sunday night was the 2nd lowest prime time ratings in Channel 7's history (since introduction of people metres). The lowest ever was a match earlier in the tournament.

Green Machine

First Grade
Rugby doesn't rate for Idol fans
By David Dale of the SMH
November 4, 2003
The Wallabies are not yet Australian idols. While the Rugby World Cup match in which they beat Ireland attracted 1.76 million viewers in the mainland capitals on Saturday night, it came nowhere near the 2.31 million for Australian Idol on Sunday.
There will never be an answer to the embarrassing question of what would happen if the nation's two favourite entertainments of the moment went head to head, because the Wallabies will only ever be playing major matches on Saturdays and Australian Idol will conclude on Wednesday November 19.
But it now seems that rugby holds no intrinsic interest for most viewers, even in the city with the closest historical connection to the game they play in heaven.
We're only curious when we're in it.
In Sydney on Sunday night, the New Zealand-Wales match attracted 404,000 viewers, easily beaten by Nine's movie What Women Want and Ten's Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. The England-Uruguay match earlier in the night attracted 236,000, beaten by Ten's Idol and Nine's 60 Minutes.
The relative lack of interest in the rugby, and the growing national obsession with Australian Idol means Ten is almost neck and neck with Seven in prime time audience share.
Last week Nine had 31.2 per cent, Seven 24.5, Ten 24.1 and the ABC 15.8.
Seven looks like ending the year ahead of Ten but down on its 2002 performance. The rugby should have been more helpful.
This story was found at: http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/11/03/1067708141289.html

Moffo

Referee
:lol: :lol: :lol:

go the shit house ratings!! Get that one up ya Johnny boy :lol:

Cheers,
Moffo

grayham

Juniors
Terrible ratings for its glamour event couldnt have come at a worse time for the ARU with the new TV rights deal about to be negotiated.

Rupert was right. This new one will be a lot less lucrative.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Does any Union fan think that a FTA network would ever bid for Super 12 especially after the disastrous RUWC ratings?

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
El Duque said:
Does any Union fan think that a FTA network would ever bid for Super 12 especially after the disastrous RUWC ratings?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

poor mango,yawion just had its balls RIPPED OFF :lol:

maybe with all the money the rah rahs will make from the wc,

THEY CAN PAY A T.V CHANNEL TO PUT THE STUPID 12 ON :lol: :lol: :lol:

dimitri

First Grade
poor mango,yawion just had its balls RIPPED OFF

maybe with all the money the rah rahs will make from the wc,

THEY CAN PAY A T.V CHANNEL TO PUT THE STUPID 12 ON

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ali

Bench
So how did they go this week. I can't imagine the nature of the games was good for keeping viewers, especially france vs Ireland Sunday night.

Moffo

Referee
ali, i grabbed some figures off 2ue on monday and put them in the ru v rl v afl forum

Cheers,
Moffo

flatcap

Juniors
bayrep said:
Edwahu said:

Seven must be praying Australia make it to the final. They are guarenteed one blockbuster for the semi but they would be desperate for another one.

That would be the same for any code in any country.

apart from soccer

Mango

Juniors
Where are our mungo muddlers now...What were the ratings last saturday...........well over 3 million I believe and topped it's time slot in every city :D YES THAT'S RIGHT EVERY CITY. :D :shock: :roll: :D :twisted: The Rugby steamroller continues, the people of OZ have voted with their minds and wallets. RUGBY IS THE NEW KING. 8) 8)

El Diablo

Post Whore
Mango said:
Where are our mungo muddlers now...What were the ratings last saturday...........well over 3 million I believe and topped it's time slot in every city :D YES THAT'S RIGHT EVERY CITY. :D :shock: :roll: :D :twisted: The Rugby steamroller continues, the people of OZ have voted with their minds and wallets. RUGBY IS THE NEW KING. 8) 8)

3 million on a Saturday up against nothing. It took Yawnion to get to the semis to win a timeslot :lol:

How did Sunday go??

Mango

Juniors
Sunday was fantastic. Two foreign nations playing Rugby managed to draw more people paying far higher admission fees than any other code to the stadium and easily outdrew and outrated the Mungo match involving Australia. Class always outs in the end. :D :D :D

El Diablo

Post Whore
Mango said:
Sunday was fantastic. Two foreign nations playing Rugby managed to draw more people paying far higher admission fees than any other code to the stadium and easily outdrew and outrated the Mungo match involving Australia. Class always outs in the end. :D :D :D

Don't avoid the question.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Mango said:
You asked how Sunday went. I replied . You may not like the answer but that won't make it go away. how did a dumbshit like u become an administrator?...Oh that's right...this is a mungo site. :roll: :roll:

I'm sticking to the topic, dickhead.

Maybe you should have someone read it to you.

Mango

Juniors
El douge,

I think u must need lessons in English. Your question has been answered adequately or should I give u a 'oo' looser rating like iggy. Now that's an :idea: :idea: :roll: :roll:

El Diablo

Post Whore
Mango said:
El douge,

I think u must need lessons in English. Your question has been answered adequately or should I give u a 'oo' looser rating like iggy. Now that's an :idea: :idea: :roll: :roll:

It hasn't been answered at all. We were talking ratings and I asked how Sunday went.

How did Sunday go?

Is that really too hard to understand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts