What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raw Super Thread 2010 Spoilers

You look at WWE, the guys that cut the best promos are all the guys that should not be wrestling anymore either. Besides CM Punk, the rest of the roster bore the sh*t out of me on the mic. Maybe Santino, but we can't have a guy being silly get more over than big bad scary Triple H and his pet midget now can we?

Big Pete

Referee
I wouldn't really consider the legends too highly. They're not the one's who are going to work the matches and they're generally not putting people over except for themselves.

Out of the current roster, who can actually go, Angle, Pope, Storm, Team 3D can all cut good promos. The rest are far too inconsistent for my liking.

Big Pete

Referee
You look at WWE, the guys that cut the best promos are all the guys that should not be wrestling anymore either. Besides CM Punk, the rest of the roster bore the sh*t out of me on the mic. Maybe Santino, but we can't have a guy being silly get more over than big bad scary Triple H and his pet midget now can we?

Santino doesn't have the look to get over.

He'd make a great manager.

Cena, Orton, Batista, Triple H, The Miz, Christian, Regal and Show shouldn't wrestle anymore?

Okay I maybe able to agree with you on Batista, but really? Even then, Dave can still pull off some impressive matches for a big man.

Triple H, Batista, Big Show and The Undertaker can all f**k off imo. I'd give the Undertaker a "Sting-like" pass, which he pretty much has anyway, and use him only at Wrestlemania. The rest are well past it on the mic and in the ring.

Cena has big potential, but creative are holding the guy back bigtime., As it is his character sucks and his promos suck because of this. He has huge charisma, just needs the right character to set him straight. It worked in 04 right?

Regal is brilliant, but has been buried so much that he is completely beyound rebuilding. They won't do so anyway, so why bring his name up?

Randy Orton, for me, is in the John Cena catagory, but is nowhere near Cena, if you get my drift.

The Miz does nothing for me. I'd have Shelley or Sabin any day of the week. Atleast those two can work a match as well as cut a promo.

The WWE's stale older guys are no more or less stale than TNA's dude. The thing that I'm holding out for (ever so slightly, I might add, I'm not by any means in lala land), is TNA's undercard which is freaking phenomenal. WWE's, besides Sydal, Kval, Punk and Danielson, in no uncertain terms, sucks. Its not that Kingston etc can;t go, because they can. its because they have their guys up the top holding them down and a creative team who are too scared to take risks because it might get the younger guys more over than their precious Triple H.

Santino doesnt have the look? Why not? He's unique, which is f**king important. Shave his head, give him a better ring attire, have him keep the comedy but give him a bit of edge and a decent angle or two and he'd be dynamite.

Big Pete

Referee
Triple H, Batista, Big Show

All three can still go. I don't like them much either, but they're all still good competitors.

I don't know any up and coming guy who can take Show's spot.

Cena has big potential, but creative are holding the guy back bigtime., As it is his character sucks and his promos suck because of this. He has huge charisma, just needs the right character to set him straight. It worked in 04 right?

He's the face of the new era and has to appeal to a general market as opposed to an edgy market like he used to. Cena's character went backwards in 2004. He was good in 2003 and then finally again in 2005.

Regal is brilliant, but has been buried so much that he is completely beyound rebuilding. They won't do so anyway, so why bring his name up?

Well I was asked who could use a mic. and still wrestle...well...

Randy Orton, for me, is in the John Cena catagory, but is nowhere near Cena, if you get my drift.

Course. Nobody really is near Cena.

The Miz does nothing for me. I'd have Shelley or Sabin any day of the week. Atleast those two can work a match as well as cut a promo

Can they? I haven't seen them work more than 10 minutes since Hogan took over. Heck I barely saw them in '09 either.

The Miz can work a crowd extremely well. Might be limited in the ring, but boy can he work a crowd.

The thing that I'm holding out for (ever so slightly, I might add, I'm not by any means in lala land), is TNA's undercard which is freaking phenomenal.

Aren't we all...we've been waiting for them since 2006 really.
WWE's, besides Sydal, Kval, Punk and Danielson, in no uncertain terms, sucks. Its not that Kingston etc can;t go, because they can. its because they have their guys up the top holding them down and a creative team who are too scared to take risks because it might get the younger guys more over than their precious Triple H.

The same isn't happening in TNA?

Santino doesnt have the look? Why not? He's unique, which is f**king important. Shave his head, give him a better ring attire, have him keep the comedy but give him a bit of edge and a decent angle or two and he'd be dynamite.

Because he looks like a jobber and has the charisma as such.

He's unique because he's foreign. I doubt that will draw any fans in the States.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I do believe that's one of the first times I've heard someone say that Big Show could 'go', haha. Don't get me wrong, he's charismatic as he'll and not bad in the ring - but he's nothing special as a wrestler. Better than Henry or Khali, but behind pretty much any other big man in the business.

Big Pete

Referee
I did say currently.

Kane - No way.
Abyss - He's a good tier below the Show. May of been something before his mental asylum gimmick, but he's been very average since.
Morgan - Angle match aside, has Morgan been involved in any good matches?
Hernandez - When was his last good match? With LAX?

Misanthrope

Staff member
All four of them - better in ring workers than Show has been in a long time. Lumbering around, shushing the crowd before slapping, throwing a right hand, and hitting the world's sloppiest chokeslam is about all he's got.

Big Pete

Referee
All four of them - better in ring workers than Show has been in a long time.

How?

Lumbering around, shushing the crowd before slapping, throwing a right hand, and hitting the world's sloppiest chokeslam is about all he's got.

Yes, those are some of his spots. Not all but some. Every wrestler has their own spots.

Big Pete

Referee
His series with Cena last year.

Both matches told good stories, had reasonable spots and the right man went over.

Also :lol: 1996? How ignorant can you get Marlins?