What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ray Price, Eric Grothe and Terry Leabeater plan to remove Parramatta CEO Denis Fitzge

bartman

Immortal
the ticket has made it clear that this isnt about Fitzy necessarily, it is about CHANGE.

The ticket had better think twice about allowing Josh Massoud to misrepresent them then, or about allowing his photographer access to their meetings... because they could be losing votes they will need with every article.

The telegraph has siezed teh Fitzy agenda for their own and the ticket is happy for the exposure to enable them to shine a light on certain concerns....
People who are anti-Fitzy to that extent will automatically vote for any alternate ticket, in the name of change at any cost.

The people they need to convince (through exposure) are the people who might want change, but want to know what it is first. I suspect most people in this bracket (myself included) know that Fitzy cannot be ousted as such, and actually want to know this ticket's realistic plans for what they will do if they gain election to the Football Club board.

That message is there in parts, but is being swamped through their "partnership" with Massoud, and his lack of journalistic skill in representing what you are saying is the ticket's real agenda. He's just a scummy journo, just tell him what you want written, or shut him and his photographer out :lol:.

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
They might want to get the SMH involved as well. Not all old codger voters (like my Dad) read the Telecrap.

The Colonel

Immortal
That seems to be the crux of the matter (nice word Suity, well done) at the moment. The whole Oust Denis campaign really is a furphy, but it is one the Telecrap are enjoying. Walker and the P3 guys really need to get as far away from Massoud and the Telecrap as they can.

spiderdan

Bench
agree it seems to be a personal thing against df.

maybe it is time for a change but if these guys get in there with a mission to oust df then i hope they have thought through what they are going to do in the post-mortem and who they will get to replace him.

The Colonel

Immortal
agree it seems to be a personal thing against df.

maybe it is time for a change but if these guys get in there with a mission to oust df then i hope they have thought through what they are going to do in the post-mortem and who they will get to replace him.

Missed my point dan. The Oust DF is an agenda being run by News Ltd and the Telecrap and is overshadowing what P3 is trying to do. The P3 program would like to replace him as the CEO, however, they have a different agenda of change and returning the NRL side to the PDRLFC.

Stagger eel

Staff member
it would be interesting to see how many of the voting members out there are falling for the Telecrap agenda, I would of thought that we'd be smarter than that but never underestimate the power of media.

spiderdan

Bench
Missed my point dan. The Oust DF is an agenda being run by News Ltd and the Telecrap and is overshadowing what P3 is trying to do. The P3 program would like to replace him as the CEO, however, they have a different agenda of change and returning the NRL side to the PDRLFC.
ahh no. i probably shoulda hit the quote button on delboy's post about it being a personal thing against df. i hadn't read far eonough down the thread yet to see your post.

sorry for the wire-crossing.

fish eel

Immortal
also, I heard an interesting tidbit I heard yesterday The P3 ticket are specifically targeting the Grey vote knowing that's where their real challenge.

Cant remember....did you make it to the STH forum?

People there would recall one of the questions came from an old lady who wasnt happy with the food/pricing at the stadium.

When Fitzy was done with Dellboy (or vice versa?), ever the politician, he made a beeline for that lady and had a good chat. Whilst he may not be up for re-election at either this or the leagues club elections, he know his constituency.

The argument Fitzy isnt up for election is a furphy IMO. Changes to the board will put real pressure on Denis. People want him gone, then the best steps you can take to that end is by voting for new board members.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
This is exactley why the membership drive of this forum is so important. The current population of voting members are an AGING GROUP and Fitzy has them well looked after.

The members Hellsy has signed up are in the younger age bracket, and that is probably why the current board are so nervous!

NB: Can i please just admit that i had something really important and poignent to say there, but i had to answer the phone half way through typing it and i lost my train of thought! DAMMIT!

Stagger eel

Staff member

The argument Fitzy isnt up for election is a furphy IMO. Changes to the board will put real pressure on Denis. People want him gone, then the best steps you can take to that end is by voting for new board members.

while he's a big part of all this, he is definitely not the sole reason why people want change, just remember he's on contract that expires in 2010 which rumour has it could be his last contract.

Gronk

Staff member
while he's a big part of all this, he is definitely not the sole reason why people want change, just remember he's on contract that expires in 2010 which rumour has it could be his last contract.

Yeah well as long as he doesn't do a John Howard on us. :crazy:

fish eel

Immortal
its proberly a statistic they have worked out on people that will or can not attend the club to vote as proxys are mot allowed

They could have got that figure a couple of ways.

For example, first start would be looking at the member list, identifying names that they know will vote for the incumbants.

Then, having a look at previous results, how many people voted and how many votes the incumbants received.

The 150 figure, if they were smart, would be an inflated figure.

The biggest problem they have, is that voting is obviously not compulsory.

They need to get their voters to the club. If they were smart, and this would be one way to get the 'grey' vote, they would be offering transport to and from the AGM. Have their mates pick up and drop off afterwards people who want to vote but can't.

and there have been those rumours that he may go prior, and the best way to faciliate that is to lump him with an antagonistic board at both football and leagues club ;-)

strider

Post Whore
They need to get their voters to the club. If they were smart, and this would be one way to get the 'grey' vote, they would be offering transport to and from the AGM. Have their mates pick up and drop off afterwards people who want to vote but can't.

coolies ... who's doing the st george area pickups? :lol:

fish eel

Immortal
coolies ... who's doing the st george area pickups? :lol:

:lol: :lol:

It might sound funny, but it is something they should do. particuarly when there are no prxies and voting is optional.

Both major political parties, particuarly in a marginal seat, will do it. you get the old granny ringing up the day before all upset because she forgot to do her postal vote. so you pick her up, take her to the polling booth and then make sure she does the right thing :lol:

junior009

Juniors
I think it's probably safe to say that there will be more members voting this year than in previous years. I know it's the first tme I'll be voting and I've been a voting member for 7 or 8 years.

Suitman

Post Whore
I've got the solution to the grey vote. I hope the alternate ticket are reading.

Get the Canberra Raiders to organise an NRL Bingo Day, supply three buses, and we can ship 'em all off to the nations capital for the day.

Suity