What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ray Warren diagnosed with Prostate Cancer

bobmar28

Bench
Goodluck Ray, hopefully you will be back for SOO or else i will just turn the sounds down to prevent myself hearing the rambling of that homosexual Voss character.

Vossy is the best commentator but I wish all the best for Rabbs.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Dont like him as a commentator, tbh i think he's pretty uninformed about the game and does little research on teams he doesnt call often... as evidenced by the amount of mistakes he makes when calling those teams, im hoping the senile old bastard beats the cancer and retires

all the best rabs

coolumsharkie

Referee
Yeah good luck to ya Rabs, Cancer of the prostrate has a very high percentage of survival. A family member of mine had a complete prosrectomy (sp?) i.e had his whole prostrate removed as it was that bad, that was over 10 years ago and he's still kickin.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
As far as I can see, this isn't a thread entitled Voice your opinions about Ray Warren's commentary, it's about his health. Probably the classier option to keep it that way.

Wish Rabs all the best, and apparently it's been caught early so fingers crossed all will be well.

jono

Juniors
Back in the '80s when Rabs took over from Moose Mossop , he was a professional , well-informed and entertaining commentator. His mistake was that in the late 90s early 2000's he thought he had to lower his style to the boofhead "blokes in the pub " commentary made popular by the likes of Fatty Vautin . I don't think it's a style he is comfortable with , nor does he carry it off very well. He just comes across as a relic from the past trying to latch on to a younger person's game.
That said , this isn't supposed to be a Rabs bash , I would like to say Rabs has always been one of the most honest and trustworthy of any media personalities , and I hope he recovers full health as quickly as possible . Good luck mate!

BunniesMan

Immortal
What's your problem.

As bad as Cancer is and I hope he pulls through with flying colours. It doesn't make up for the fact he is a shit commentator and a oxygen thief on Fridays and Sundays.

I'm just looking at the glass half full.
Yes and you're a typical Queensland lowlife.

And I hope he pulls through and commentates for another 20 years just so it annoys people like you.

gregstar

Referee
Back in the '80s when Rabs took over from Moose Mossop , he was a professional , well-informed and entertaining commentator. His mistake was that in the late 90s early 2000's he thought he had to lower his style to the boofhead "blokes in the pub " commentary made popular by the likes of Fatty Vautin . I don't think it's a style he is comfortable with , nor does he carry it off very well. He just comes across as a relic from the past trying to latch on to a younger person's game.
agreed.

he was good in the 80's (except parra games)

however i do wish him all the best.

Latest posts