What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 12: Raiders @ Cows

hotdogs

Juniors
I feel the forward pack has the wrong balance - I don't rate Williams at all, to many workers - get Tilse and Weyman in ASAP.[/quote
Have to disagree with that one, which you won't agree with at all, but i don't rate tilse at all, he's to slow, looks totally unco when walking not to mention running, and weymans just an injury magnet. i have to say something about the way we use williams. everyone goes on about williams and his fitness but i do think there is a way around the problem. i think we need to use him the same way parra use moi moi and the warriors used mr effective, and the cowboys use carl webb. i don't think wiliams will ever be a player with stamina, we can all agree with that one, however i do think he can be used as a battering ram which in this day in age no one wants to be, cronulla used him very well like that, he's big, strong, and very powerful and elliott uses him wrong. i think maybe start for 10mins come off bring on thommo then another 10 b4 half time and 10 afta half then the last 10. i think thats a good run 40 mins but we'll be using him in short sharp stints which is all he lasts very well for.
just on this weeks game though lomus out with a nerve problem in his neck so we may see thurling after all.

alcibiades

Juniors
hotdogs said:
I feel the forward pack has the wrong balance - I don't rate Williams at all, to many workers - get Tilse and Weyman in ASAP.[/quote
Have to disagree with that one, which you won't agree with at all, but i don't rate tilse at all, he's to slow, looks totally unco when walking not to mention running, and weymans just an injury magnet. i have to say something about the way we use williams. everyone goes on about williams and his fitness but i do think there is a way around the problem. i think we need to use him the same way parra use moi moi and the warriors used mr effective, and the cowboys use carl webb. i don't think wiliams will ever be a player with stamina, we can all agree with that one, however i do think he can be used as a battering ram which in this day in age no one wants to be, cronulla used him very well like that, he's big, strong, and very powerful and elliott uses him wrong. i think maybe start for 10mins come off bring on thommo then another 10 b4 half time and 10 afta half then the last 10. i think thats a good run 40 mins but we'll be using him in short sharp stints which is all he lasts very well for.
just on this weeks game though lomus out with a nerve problem in his neck so we may see thurling after all.

alcibiades

Juniors
When are the young new guys gonna get more of a go to prove themselves than a few minutes here and there. I say let the cannonball wreak havoc with his battering ram style. At least the guy has a bit of punch up the middle. His fitness looks better mind you with that powerhouse kind of a game he plays he is a good impact bench player.

What have we got to lose with our current performance!

Bay56

First Grade
This game will give new coach Henry the chance to see for himself all the dead wood he will be dispensing with next season.

Shame he wont get to see the talents of youngsters such as Zilly ... maybe someone can send him a tape from the game at North Sydney.

SOULS 04

Juniors
raiders try

length of the field phil graham

4-0 kick to come

howell great take of a kick and offload for phil to score

SOULS 04

Juniors
try raiders

this time graham sets up howell

great chip n chase play and offload

raiders 8-6 kick to come

edabomb

First Grade
Won't be able to watch this until the replay later on, Wellington in the S14 final has pwned digital at my house. Sounds like a decent start though.

legend

Coach
Carney, Howell and Chalk are spastics! Between the three of them, they have been terrible and stupid.

legend said:
Carney, Howell and Chalk are spastics! Between the three of them, they have been terrible and stupid.

Carney has been OK in attack. Threw a beatiful pass to Graham to set up a "should have been" try to Marshall chalk

Latest posts