What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 12: Raiders @ Cows

legend

Coach
Boing Boing said:
Who is the moron that writes the latch reviews for LU? Every week they get the names wrong, this week, apparently Ashley Graham scored a try. Is it that bloody hard?

Fair go mate. The people who do the live scores are volunteers who love the game and provide a free service to the Rugby League public.

Calling someone a moron because they confused the first names of the opposing centres is harsh to say the least.

People make mistakes just as you have done in your post with your "latch" reviews.

I'm sure you can see where I'm coming from...

Boing Boing

Juniors
legend said:
Fair go mate. The people who do the live scores are volunteers who love the game and provide a free service to the Rugby League public.

Calling someone a moron because they confused the first names of the opposing centres is harsh to say the least.

People make mistakes just as you have done in your post with your "latch" reviews.

They may be doing it for free, but in all honesty, it can't really be that difficult, mate. This person would either have been watching FOX or listening to the radio and in either case, Phil Graham's name was mentioned numerous times.

As for my "latch" reviews, whilst I don't know exactly what that word means, we all know that my reviews and any RA reviews are a light hearted joke. Are the live updates a joke?

legend

Coach
No, they are not a joke but my comment was meant to highlight that we all make mistakes and it's ironic you made one in your post when dishing it out to somone else for doing the same thing.

I agree, it's not that hard but inevitably things are overlooked from time to time and doing a live update is not as simple a process as you think. It takes time and high levels of concentration to get things right.

Tokyo_Raider

Juniors
I am a huge fan of the guys who do the score updates. Whoever you are, thank you so much - there`s been many a time I`ve been huddled in some internet cafe in the backend of the arse-end of the East-end of Europe in the middle of the punching the refresh button every ten seconds to check the score. Wonderful service, and a lot more reliable than NRL.com, which tends to crash on game day.

Having said that, who the hell gave Shif the 3 points for this week`s game?? Sure, he was solid, but the best player on the field??

But seriously - thanks to the invisible bod behind the keyboard. You might be surprised how many people make use of your services.

hrundi99

First Grade
legend said:

Everyone appreciates what they do, but it seems that they are immune to constructive criticism...

azza

Juniors
I would think that calling the live scorers "morons" hardly constitutes constructive criticism.

legend

Coach
Couldn't have said it better myself Azza. Had the criticism been constructive then I wouldn't have had a problem with it. That's why we now have the site feedback forum and I encourage everyone to vent their spleen in a constructive way in an effort for us to improve the site.

Dead issue now. Let's move on.

hrundi99

First Grade
azza said:
I would think that calling the live scorers "morons" hardly constitutes constructive criticism.

I've seen many comments that have essentially been denounced that have been quite reasonable.

Anyway...

Boing Boing

Juniors
legend said:
No, they are not a joke but my comment was meant to highlight that we all make mistakes and it's ironic you made one in your post when dishing it out to somone else for doing the same thing.

I agree, it's not that hard but inevitably things are overlooked from time to time and doing a live update is not as simple a process as you think. It takes time and high levels of concentration to get things right.

Mate, it was never intended as a shot at anyone and perhaps a bit harsh in the first instance. My point remains though, it seems to happen every time I read a Raiders review and as a Raiders fan, that can tend to be disheartening when somebody can't even get a name right.

thickos

First Grade
What an incredible game.

As I was watching it I kept saying out loud 'they're [the Cowboys] gonna score, we're gonna try hard and lose' - the standard fare for us in recent years.

The defensive effort was a massive highlight for me. Take away the great field goal by Toddy and we had a team out on their feet in the Townsville heat bringing Webb, Scott and co. down again and again. How they didn't find their way to the line is beyond me.

Incredibly proud of the effort and they've turned it around since those hideous opening weeks of the competition.

We've beaten a 'big' club and now we have to back it up in a game where we're favourites... which scares me.

Watched the reply this morning, after listening to the radio call whilst i was away on saturday night. Not a bad effort really. Wasn't perfect, nor the best game for a few years or whatever, but the effort and result acheived were outstanding.

It was the best game I have seen T.Carney play in a green jumper. He showed more glimpses of the talent that could be unleashed in the coming years. Sure was swatted away from a tackle that lead to a try, but these things happen. His kicking game is improving, no longer do we see the ball have to travel 50ft in the air to get distance, instead he kicks lower and further than J.Smith, and is starting to find the corners with consistency. The vision shown and ball passed that almost lead to the try on half time are proof that the kid has talent. He has to stay in the 17, if not the starting 13 for a while to come. If he is dropped now the confidence gained in recent weeks will be lost and he will have to start over.

Big Thom was outstanding. During the Radio call it sounded as if he was carting the ball 20m each hitup with 8 blokes hanging off him, and he almost was. A huge effort from our big man. I would still like to see him starting the game, but unfortunately i am not the coach.

The question is will the Raiders do their traditional charity and hand souths 2 points this saturday night? I hope we don't. We win a couple of matches in a row and we will be on our way to cause trouble come the business end of the year.

CQ RAIDER

Juniors
Did the road trip to Dairy Farmers and it was worth every cent of it to see such a great game and see all but half a dozen Raiders supporters bury their heads in their hands when Carney slotted home the winning drop goal.TLL was awesome as was our defence.

Latest posts