What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RD 13: Parramatta v Cowboys at Pirtek stadium 6/6/14

hindy111

Post Whore
Seph was good-Set up a try-Put Norman thru a hole and tackled all night.Also filled in at hooker for a bit. Was solid game IMO

Chipmunk

Coach
After the effort of our very inexperienced pack to give it to the Cowboys pack tonight I cant wait to see them in 2015 with more experience and maturity under their belts.

I think whatever we achieve in 2014, that everyone in this forum must admit that we should give the 2015 comp a real shake.

Everthing this year may not set the world on fire, but I've seen so much this year to suggest that we are on the right track moving forward.

B&G

Juniors
Actually with the pummellings we've copped from Rooters Cows and Panfurs I'm amazed the for and against is still relatively in control.
This could become the stumbling block though when the pointy end of the season arrives and the bottom end of the 8 more than likely very congested.
You know what , I'm just happy we're competing after the crap we've had to endure over the last three years

What's amazing is that we have also beaten the three teams who gave us a pummelling.

We just need to find this form away from home (or Brisbane).

hineyrulz

Post Whore
It's great to be in contention at the halfway mark, when was the last time we could really say that??? 2010??? Even in 09 we weren't really in contention we were nearly stone motherless last.

yy_cheng

Coach
I think whatever we achieve in 2014, that everyone in this forum must admit that we should give the 2015 comp a real shake.

Everthing this year may not set the world on fire, but I've seen so much this year to suggest that we are on the right track moving forward.

that's what they said for 2010

hineyrulz

Post Whore
that's what they said for 2010
This squad has far more upside than the 2010 one. We over achieved massively in 09. Due to Hayne playing like he did and our 2nd phase style of footy which was hard to stop when everything stuck. Which it did in the back end of 09, hard to keep playing that way. Plus in 2010 we had no #academy or a raft of juniors waiting to knock down the door. Wenty and the under 20's are top of the ladder and next year will be year 5 of the 5 year plan. Good times ahead.

oldmancraigy

Coach
I reckon Lussick comes back for Sef. IMO anyway. Move Kenny to lock

I like Sef, but he has some glaring issues. Peni runs like a kamikaze, I think he offers something.

Not a huge fan of Sef, but he offers way more than Terepo.
BA likes to play 4 forwards off the bench, and Sef gives that utility cover in case of an injury. He also plays that extra hooker role in running the props through the middle 1 pass wide, and also getting it to the halves 1 pass over while offering an extra decoy runner.
We saw last night with Juniors try how useful his talents are.

Our top 4 props are surely mannah, junior, mossop, lussick. Gower would be on the bench to play middle backrow or wide if required, pauli obviously off the bench.
Sef probably starts in 13, then plays some hooker, then has a rest.

oldmancraigy

Coach
I'm pretty sure this year is the 5th year of the plan.

You idiot.

This is year 6.
JT was right when he said how Hagan stuffed it up. Anderson has been fixing it since 2009. He just had a few years off in the middle ato illustrate how good his plan is, and how much mess we would be in if we ignored it.

Tommy Coco

Juniors
After the effort of our very inexperienced pack to give it to the Cowboys pack tonight I cant wait to see them in 2015 with more experience and maturity under their belts.

I was thinking about the dogs pack next week and how I really am looking forward to our guys taking them on next year.

We have the makings of a hardened pack but think it will come to fruition when Pauli and Jnr have had the full season and off season under there belt.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I'd like to give Seff a bit of a wrap, everyone bags him and wants him dropped because he's not an enforcer or another Ray Price.

He's not the greatest lock around but he does do some good things and has good hands and puts other forwards through gaps.

He's not the best but he's not the worst and he's young and still learning the game. He went OK last night.

Last edited:

eel speel

Juniors
I love Brad Arthur's attitude. Just coming away with a win, and you haven't played your best, just isn't good enough for him.

He's filthy that we let the Cowboys get that close...

We're going places with Brad Arthur. I am very sure of that.

Agree.

Brad Arthur is really changing the mindset of the playing group. Coaching is all about ensuring that the players have the right attitude when they take the field.

Bigfella

Coach
Paulo is a big part of our attack and that is our biggest strength.

It doesn't make sense that people want to piss him off.

Those awful settling plays in the opposition 20 have gone. We can score from long range. We can shift, run second man plays, go across the face to blokes who can not only catch the ball now but actually beat defenders, plus we have halves taking the line on with pace and steps.

He is a big link in all of these options. Doesn't get the flashy finishing touches usually but he is often the one directing where it goes and which option is used.

Sphagnum

Coach
I'd like to give Seff a bit of a wrap, everyone bags him and wants him dropped because he's not an enforcer or another Ray Price.

He's not the greatest lock around but he does do some good things and has good hands and puts other forwards through gaps.

He's not the best but he's not the worst and he's young and still learning the game. He went OK last night.

His defence is very ordinary. Doesn't do enough in attack to make up for that or the stupid mistakes and penalties he gives away.

In my opinion anyway

The Engineers Room

First Grade

He played well, and his role is as a ball playing middle forward. And that is what he does. He makes opportunities for the other guys.

Latest posts