What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RD 13: Parramatta v Cowboys at Pirtek stadium 6/6/14

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Not a huge fan of Sef, but he offers way more than Terepo.
BA likes to play 4 forwards off the bench, and Sef gives that utility cover in case of an injury. He also plays that extra hooker role in running the props through the middle 1 pass wide, and also getting it to the halves 1 pass over while offering an extra decoy runner.
We saw last night with Juniors try how useful his talents are.

Our top 4 props are surely mannah, junior, mossop, lussick. Gower would be on the bench to play middle backrow or wide if required, pauli obviously off the bench.
Sef probably starts in 13, then plays some hooker, then has a rest.

I'm interested to see what we do at hooker. Neither Pritchard nor De Gois have proven they're up to 80 minutes in first grade (De Gois not lately anyway). Will we carry two hookers in the 17 or just use Paulo to rest the starter?

Kornstar

Coach
2015 was the goal all along. Looking good so far.

#FiveYearPlan

I don't agree with your bullshit about the five year plan now working, however I was watching the last 10 minutes thinking that he (Arthur) was definitely planning for next year and putting all that faith in the young forwards to protect that lead. He didn't hesitate to take Mannah off.......

Games like last night will make the like of Pauli and Paulo better next year!

And Tanginoa has been an absolute beast in the NYC, our forward pack looks great for next year!

jono

Juniors
I've never been a huge fan of Sef but this year he has cut out much of the crabwise running. He still jinks from side to side but at least he is looking to offload to advantage and not just because it's his brief to do so.
Now happy to acknowledge that he is an important link in the attack.
And I'm pretty sure his defence is solid and he's not the worst penalty offender in the team

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeah Kearney what a f**kwit hey???

If this is year five then it's not Kearney's plan. Kearney's plan started in 2011, making this year four.

Of last night's squad, the players were signed by the following coaches:

Hayne (Smith)
Radradra (Kearney)
Hopoate (Kearney)
Tonga (Kearney)
Sio (Hagan)
Norman (Stuart)
Sandow (Kearney)
Mannah (Smith)
Kelly (Kearney)
Paulo (Kearney)
Edwards (Stuart)
Ma'u (Kearney)
Paulo (Kearney)
Gower (Arthur)
Terepo (Anderson)
Mossop (Stuart)
Pauli (Kearney)

oldmancraigy

Coach
I'm interested to see what we do at hooker. Neither Pritchard nor De Gois have proven they're up to 80 minutes in first grade (De Gois not lately anyway). Will we carry two hookers in the 17 or just use Paulo to rest the starter?

Paulo to rest for sure!

He just passed the ball off the deck last night, instead of standing and running then passing. So obvious the difference between his minutes there last night and the week before.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Pauli and Paulo were part of the system before SK got here?

Given their size, speed and skill it is hard to imagine any coach/ recruiter letting them slip away...

Forty20

First Grade
I'm not surprised by the impact that Junior had on the game last night but Pauli² continues to play beyond my expectations this year.

He has really taken his game to another level since his NRL debut. He terrorised the left edge (was the Penrith game last week Pauli's first appearance on the right edge?) of the Cowboys last night and laid on some sublime offloads, including the ball that sent Hayne over in the second half.

What has really impressed me though is his commitment in defence, particularly for someone who was has a history of slacking off in that area.

Full credit to the coaching staff for their ability to get Pauli² up to speed for the NRL.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
This is year one of Arfuz plan.
To say it's Kearneys plan is just laughable. We would still be at the bottom if that clown was still here.

ParraSteve

Juniors
IT was no doubt an ugly win, but i'll take that over a loss any day. We would have lost that game last year.

Hayne was outstanding again last night, Norman had his best game for us yet even if he did butcher that try to mannah, thankfully that was a non event as Paulo crashed over in the next set.

Junior Paulo is a beast and has shown that BA did the right thing in releasing santi and dropping Fui to give him a run.

Pauli is really coming into his own now, more he plays the more confident he appears to be getting.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Pauli and Paulo were part of the system before SK got here?

Given their size, speed and skill it is hard to imagine any coach/ recruiter letting them slip away...

They turned 18 while Kearney was here, meaning they signed their first adult contracts while he was coach.

And they were absolutely massive talents and would have been on plenty of recruiters' radars. It sure is hard to imagine any quality juniors would slip away from the Eels. :lol:

Coaches have no control over who appears in the Harold Matthews team, but they do control which ones are retained. Junior recruitment/retention is extremely competitive between clubs, and we failed to compete between '06 and '11.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I don't agree with your bullshit about the five year plan now working, however I was watching the last 10 minutes thinking that he (Arthur) was definitely planning for next year and putting all that faith in the young forwards to protect that lead. He didn't hesitate to take Mannah off.......

Games like last night will make the like of Pauli and Paulo better next year!

And Tanginoa has been an absolute beast in the NYC, our forward pack looks great for next year!
#academy.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
If this is year five then it's not Kearney's plan. Kearney's plan started in 2011, making this year four.

Of last night's squad, the players were signed by the following coaches:

Hayne (Smith)
Radradra (Kearney)
Hopoate (Kearney)
Tonga (Kearney)
Sio (Hagan)
Norman (Stuart)
Sandow (Kearney)
Mannah (Smith)
Kelly (Kearney)
Paulo (Kearney)
Edwards (Stuart)
Ma'u (Kearney)
Paulo (Kearney)
Gower (Arthur)
Terepo (Anderson)
Mossop (Stuart)
Pauli (Kearney)
I was a big fan of everything Kearney did at the club bar his work with first grade. Getting Nolan here and setting up the academy and junior pathways has set the club up for future success. Shame he was absolutely clueless as a head coach.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Nobody in professional coaching is clueless. More likely is that Kearney was a poor communicator.

His work in building the squad and establishing the 'academy' proves he knew what he was doing.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Arthur would have been brought in to improve the players individually, like he did at Manly.

The majority of the 'coaching' these days is done by assistants. The head coach provides the long term vision and strategic direction; something that requires communication skills.

natheel

Coach
The pleasing thing with Arthur is that even though we may get touched up at times we know the next week we will be 100% better. The inexperience in our squad will lead to inconsistency but Arthur knows how to rectify the problems

Latest posts