What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RD 13: Parramatta v Cowboys at Pirtek stadium 6/6/14

Noise

Coach
Everyone so quick to judge Morgan and Hunt behind a beaten pack. Did you all notice the other backs were also shithouse?

I thought Morgan went ok. Surely it wasn't the forwards fault Hunt dropped so much ball and didn't contest kicks.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So you think that they are both top 17 players ? Some would argue that the above two would be shithouse behind a break even pack. You obviously think otherwise.

Well at our club neither is a top 17 player. That doesn't mean they're not good backups.

Morgan would be top 17 at plenty of clubs, and Hunt is the best backup you could hope for that wasn't trying to get out of his contract to play for some other club.

#There'sOverThirtyMerkinsInASquad

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I thought Morgan went ok. Surely it wasn't the forwards fault Hunt dropped so much ball and didn't contest kicks.

He definitely lost confidence early on. Behind a beaten pack he was put under massive pressure, made some mistakes and didn't recover. It happens to plenty of players. His back injury probably didn't help.

Gronk

Staff member
Well at our club neither is a top 17 player. That doesn't mean they're not good backups.

Morgan would be top 17 at plenty of clubs, and Hunt is the best backup you could hope for that wasn't trying to get out of his contract to play for some other club.

#There'sOverThirtyMerkinsInASquad

I wasn't talking about Morgan being a good backup. I was referring to many here who think that he's better than Tonga. Do you think Morgan is ahead of Tonga ?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

not putting pressure on the kicker ?

blocking the chasers ?

forward pressure can make a difference in some instances

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Soward had an eternity to put his kicks up.

But most of Hunt's errors were due to shattered confidence and pain in his broken back.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
ryan morgan has had more than plenty of chances to show his ability.....and being average is not enough to justify being selected over an incumbent. until he shows he can win a game himself he's gonna have to sit and wait his turn

lingard

Coach
Or you Do what Gould did.Th DUke of Penrith.
Rome wasn't built in a year, But gould has rebuilt this powerhouse a lot quicker than we have.They are 3 yrs into there 5 yr plan. We are 4.
Thought the guys out in Penrith where dumb bogans

Yep. And, with a fit and healthy Peats and Hayne, we are better than Penrith.

lingard

Coach
Everyone so quick to judge Morgan and Hunt behind a beaten pack. Did you all notice the other backs were also shithouse?

I feel very sorry for Hunt, and would be loathe to criticise him. Poor bastard will probably never have a game like that again. And Morgan probably needs another game or two before we judge him this year - but you've got to admit Tonga has been in excellent form.