What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd. 15 v Knights

WestyLife

First Grade
I can't point at rubbish in the play the ball and say it's a result of the 6 again rule.

That kind of thing exists in spite of our rules. Every club wants an advantage and we aren't too bad at the wrestle either just quietly.

I'd also add that the 6 again rule wasnt just about stopping rubbish. It was mainly about having less stopages and keeping the ball in play. It's one of the key problems with union and they are just sitting on their hands watching the sport crumble in the southern hemisphere.

Yep it was mentioned teams like the Roosters were giving penalties and winning because they used it to refresh their defence. It was cynical/deliberate play to halt an attacking team's momentum. This is why the 6 again was brought in.

Munky

Coach
The ultimate deliberate penaltyathon was Sharks v Storm in 2018.

Both teams holding down for an age anywhere near the try line.

Fangs

Coach
The ultimate deliberate penaltyathon was Sharks v Storm in 2018.

Both teams holding down for an age anywhere near the try line.

Thats the one. Disgraceful game of football.

Des' Titans did it against Canberra earlier this year as well. I'd be surprised if anyone thought that 2018 game was better to watch than 2024 Canberra v Titans. Both crap games but one is more palatable.

Munky

Coach
Thats the one. Disgraceful game of football.

Des' Titans did it against Canberra earlier this year as well. I'd be surprised if anyone thought that 2018 game was better to watch than 2024 Canberra v Titans. Both crap games but one is more palatable.

Bellamy vs Flanno.

The two coaches with * next to their achievements.

No surprise they'd employ the most negative tactics in the game against each other.

I can't point at rubbish in the play the ball and say it's a result of the 6 again rule.

That kind of thing exists in spite of our rules. Every club wants an advantage and we aren't too bad at the wrestle either just quietly.

I'd also add that the 6 again rule wasnt just about stopping rubbish. It was mainly about having less stopages and keeping the ball in play. It's one of the key problems with union and they are just sitting on their hands watching the sport crumble in the southern hemisphere.
Point is, they have tweaked it so much it has become so objective.
We all know the "keep it in play" ideology, but the Panthers are super fit and with refs trying to keep an even contest, well, we know what happens. BIAS.

John Hamblin

Juniors
I don't like any system where coaches can fake players being injured for an interchange. That's why I think just having a bigger bench is the answer. Allow teams to carry a half and and back plus 4 forwards
What a load of rubbish next you will want 13 on the bench and we will have our own version of gridiron. The game needs fatigue. It is too fast leading to more injuries. As i said before 6 interchanges then transition to 4. Fatigue leads to the better teams scoring more points at the back end of games like it used to be.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
What a load of rubbish next you will want 13 on the bench and we will have our own version of gridiron. The game needs fatigue. It is too fast leading to more injuries. As i said before 6 interchanges then transition to 4. Fatigue leads to the better teams scoring more points at the back end of games like it used to be.
Maybe read what I wrote again honey. More players on the bench but you can still only use 4 of them. This will stop fake HIAs activating an 18th player

John Hamblin

Juniors
Cmon John its bye round we've got to talk about something.

Please look at my post in Yeo thread. He has played 233 games for us Carter has 242 ( wikipeadia 244) Also not mentioned in that post JFH has 191 and barring injury will get to 200 before he leaves OUR great club.

Fangs

Coach
Please look at my post in Yeo thread. He has played 233 games for us Carter has 242 ( wikipeadia 244) Also not mentioned in that post JFH has 191 and barring injury will get to 200 before he leaves OUR great club.

My all-time backrow:

11. Cartwright (The one with ticker)
12. Puletua (Sentimental value, Kikau was probably better)
13. Yeo (No comment required)

14. Izzard (Peach when Brad is sick)

Fangs

Coach
Wish we got a young Frank Pritchard in this current set-up. Had a good career but he could have been more

I once heard a rumour that the club thought he was faking injury at times...

Not 'faking' but putting it on a bit to skip on sessions. Just a rumour but if true not what you want from your weapon in the pack.

I remember his debut actually. We played Manly in 03.

Goonji

Juniors

Not 'faking' but putting it on a bit to skip on sessions. Just a rumour but if true not what you want from your weapon in the pack.

I always thought that Pritchard wasted his career. Only played good occasionally.

Last edited:

I remember that. He made a huge line break with one of his first touches. Could’ve easily slotted into the Top 17 that year but had the likes of Puletua, Galuvao, Waterhouse and Rodney ahead of him

Latest posts