What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd. 15 v Knights

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I like the idea of less interchanges. Make players more fatigued. They will be smaller because they will run more kms with less interchanges. As they tire they run slower. Less muscle mass and slower speeds will mean the collisions will be less forceful and should lead to less injuries.

I would even support once you are substituted, that's it, you can't go back on. It will stop teams carrying massive players on the bench for short bursts.

THANK YOU. My thoughts exactly. Pomoz, you've explained it so much better than have done. Yes it will mean less injuries, and I believe it will be a better game for it.

Murraymob1

Juniors
G
I like the idea of less interchanges. Make players more fatigued. They will be smaller because they will run more kms with less interchanges. As they tire they run slower. Less muscle mass and slower speeds will mean the collisions will be less forceful and should lead to less injuries.

I would even support once you are substituted, that's it, you can't go back on. It will stop teams carrying massive players on the bench for short bursts.
Get rid of the six agains return to penalty’s that will slow the game down by itself.And my biggest gripe with the game now the play the ball make them play it it not roll it under the legs

age.s

First Grade
I feel like the balance is about right with fatigue atm. If you're athletic enough, pretty much any body type can succeed. Sam Walker is one injury away from being an Origin player and the hottest finds of 2024 have been Keano Kini, David Armstrong and Sua Faalogo. Little guys are doing fine and don't need any more advantages.

Pomoz

Bench
G

Get rid of the six agains return to penalty’s that will slow the game down by itself.And my biggest gripe with the game now the play the ball make them play it it not roll it under the legs
I hear you, but I don't want the game slower. I like fast. I like fatigue. Gaps appear, it's more exciting. I hated the slow wrestle crap that was prevalent before.

Frankus

Juniors
Interesting idea going back to straight replacements on the bench rather than interchange to help with the injuries. I don't like the idea - many players will have their careers ended (think Garry Larson when unlimited interchanges started) simply because they can't cope with a 30 minute stint let alone being expected to play 80. Also I am pretty confident in stating - I don't think the wider audience want to see two teams with a pack carrying 2-3 Cam McInnes's going at each other for large periods. Would be awful to watch.

Pomoz

Bench
Interesting idea going back to straight replacements on the bench rather than interchange to help with the injuries. I don't like the idea - many players will have their careers ended (think Garry Larson when unlimited interchanges started) simply because they can't cope with a 30 minute stint let alone being expected to play 80. Also I am pretty confident in stating - I don't think the wider audience want to see two teams with a pack carrying 2-3 Cam McInnes's going at each other for large periods. Would be awful to watch.
All good points. All built like Cam McInnes? Not sure we would end up like that. It wasn't like that when interchanges were permanent before. There were still plenty of different body types. Typically it was a bench full of big boppers and one back, just in case.

Anyway, all good banter and that's where it will stay. The NRL will never go back to the old system.