What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd. 15 v Knights

Munky

Coach
No it doesn’t; the game isn’t played on a SuperCoach spreadsheet.

In this team the key thing the 9 needs to do is bring the team over the advantage line.

Both hookers today did the ruck dance before passing.

It's really common across the NRL for some reason.

Toelau did a horrible rendition on the last tackle which led to a rushed kick which gave away a seven tackle set.

Iamback

Coach
No it doesn’t; the game isn’t played on a SuperCoach spreadsheet.

In this team the key thing the 9 needs to do is bring the team over the advantage line.

Where did it hurt us?

We dominated possession, field position. I can't remember any time we couldn't get a kick away due to it.

Unless I missed something?

Iamback

Coach
Both hookers today did the ruck dance before passing.

It's really common across the NRL for some reason.

That is my point.

In Toelau's case he almost got a 40/20. With 4 runs

Sommerton 7 runs.

That gets the defence hanging back and buys time thus cancelling out the not passing instantly

Girds89

Bench
He's an excellent bench hooker. Pair him with Garner and Soro in the team and its fantastic
His defence is avg. Gets dominated in the ruck.

We really really missed kennys line speed and ruthlessness in defence in the middle.

Hes an ok hooker when your on top. Not someone you want on when your in a tustle.

Tbh ive been more impressed with trent which im.not suprised about. Have rated him for some time. Plus his kicking game is another weapon.

Id rather him stay on the bench at cull strength tha laurie or cole or any of the others.

Again issues in defence on the edges.. both sides got caught out a number of times short.

Anyway good to get the two points.

Girds89

Bench
I knew id come on here and read smug bagging tago.

Blokes lost the plot.

Hes the same bloke that bagged the hell out of luai non stop forever..... like every week.. no matter what bagged luai.

Now look at him.

Just makes ya look like a goose.

Ill keep saying it. Yes theres issues in defence but its not the centres solely to blame. We just getting caught well short at stages and its leading to bad reads and inconsistency.

Schnieder had a few Tonight but you could argue his few bad reads we were well short in d..

Its just a work in progress this year. We arent a defensive juggernaut like years gone by atm. But i think we can get back to that as i keep saying..

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I knew id come on here and read smug bagging tago.

Blokes lost the plot.

Hes the same bloke that bagged the hell out of luai non stop forever..... like every week.. no matter what bagged luai.

Now look at him.

Just makes ya look like a goose.

Ill keep saying it. Yes theres issues in defence but its not the centres solely to blame. We just getting caught well short at stages and its leading to bad reads and inconsistency.

Schnieder had a few Tonight but you could argue his few bad reads we were well short in d..

Its just a work in progress this year. We arent a defensive juggernaut like years gone by atm. But i think we can get back to that as i keep saying..
I'm the most honest bloke on this forum.
It's well beyond just his defence now, he used to break tackles for fun and the defence had no idea what to do with him. Now he's just nothing

Iamback

Coach
Thought Sommerton was good. He's the only Hooker we have that regularly engages the markers. Wouldn't want him over Kenny but has plenty to work with for a backup.

That is what you need if you aren't having fast service. Stops the outside guys rushing the receivers and is the same outcome.

As long as the halves get time then it is decent enough

Ivan has smashed it again. Rotating the side to ease off the injuries, coming up with a great game plan to pick at the opponents weakness. Kept on going inside to pick on Cogger and then isolating him on Luai.

We do need to maintain intensity after half-time. I thought that this game was heading in the same direction at the Saints game, but a few more leaders in the team today (Yeo, Edwards) than against the Merge.

Latest posts