What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd. 15 v Knights

hindy111

Post Whore
It’s quite remarkable being second on the ladder, with significant injuries and a couple or more shit players . Amazing really, just good luck I guess.

I had a few negroni out tonight amd said my peace to a few mods. I have been warned for speaking the truth prior.Since BAs sacking a few have lost the plot

You can't silenced a hindy111..

Has anyone considered he's just flexing on the comp?
I thought that as well.

Doing it regularly with just 16 is a great test for whenever a player is lost to injury.

Plus, big Ivan is not gonna show all his cards before finals is he.

Winning without arguably the best halfback in the game, a high quality hooker and a solid back rower from our best 17, during origin, is pretty impressive.

Iamback

Coach
It’s quite remarkable being second on the ladder, with significant injuries and a couple or more shit players . Amazing really, just good luck I guess.

Everyone needs luck these days to go well. Especially given it takes a stumble at the wrong time and a player could be spending a month on the sideline Suuaili style

WestyLife

First Grade
I'd like some genuine thoughts on Ivan playing with 16 men yet again? This shit will f**k us come September imo

Coaches are spooked by backline injuries this year. We need a Connor Watson of our own who can get game time and cover 4 or 5 positions competently so they can get game time every game.

Munky

Coach
If we do make the 4peat, this one would be the best considering how weak the bench is compared to other years

IMO the first choice 2022 bench with Kenny and Salmon is weaker than Garner/whoever.

If a second rower went down early the 2022 version of Salmon playing big minutes in the pack would not be great.

IMO the first choice 2022 bench with Kenny and Salmon is weaker than Garner/whoever.

If a second rower went down early the 2022 version of Salmon playing big minutes in the pack would not be great.
I think Ivan didn't trust Salmon and prior Lenui. Salmon starting at the Dogs and doing really well. Maybe it's not who is on the bench but Ivan's use of them. It is like we have 2 18 men. Yesterday I am sure Laurie could have done Toelau Job and we could have someone else on the bench instead.

Munky

Coach
I think Ivan didn't trust Salmon and prior Lenui. Salmon starting at the Dogs and doing really well. Maybe it's not who is on the bench but Ivan's use of them. It is like we have 2 18 men. Yesterday I am sure Laurie could have done Toelau Job and we could have someone else on the bench instead.

Salmon came good in 2023 and began to look a first grade before Ivan decided on a different bench.

He's bulked up in the off season and is playing as a plod level second rower which is well above his 2022 ability.

He had two tackle breaks, same as Alamoti. 23 tackles, 3 misses. Alamoti 21 tackles, six misses. Tago was marking a rep quality centre in Bradman Best. I thought he played well.
My only gripe with Tago’s game yesterday was that he could’ve made a better effort in trying to retrieve the kick that lead to Bradman’s try in the second half. Yes, there were three of our blokes there but he was the closest and a smidgen more effort in his chase could’ve prevented that try.

Iamback

Coach

Especially as Mav was 18th man and didn't play NSW Cup.

A couple of things out of this game.

Trent Toelau is a half that can play hooker. Just hope he keeps improving.

Alamoti is gonna be a good one. Barring injury.

Hastings kicking game was outstanding, we were lucky to scramble well on many occasions.

A lot of teams are pushing us further now but the Panthers defence is still tough to crack.

Can our coaching and development staff please find or create 3 or 4 Brian To'o clones. The guy is amazing and is a pleasure to watch every week. Sign him for life.

The Realist

Juniors
To'o was unreal. Almost spat my drink when Vossy said he was just quietly going about his business. He was much much better than that. Sometimes I wonder if they're actually watching the game.

Sometimes I think the same, but I understood what the commentators meant. There were no flashy line breaks, spectacular catches, big steps or massive streaks downfield. He just went about his business yet somehow racked up 200+ metres again.

It is also a complement to To'o that what seems completely unassuming, dare I say mundane for him, would be lauded if other wingers did similar.

Latest posts