What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 18 v Storm

The Realist

Juniors
I'm probably in the minority, but I quite like Bellamy. His melt downs in the box are epic, but he has always been pretty gracious in press conferences no matter the result. I guess with his record it's easier to be a bit jovial when the losses aren't all that regular.

Karen Robinson is a whingy little bitch no matter the result.

Yep. I like Bellamy as a coach. My wife thinks I would behave exactly the same way if I were an ex-nrl player turned NL coach - sprays and all :D

He might carry on in the coaches box (I love it) but at the end of the match, he is as level headed and as reasonable as a coach gets. Only Zen Ivan comes close.

The Realist

Juniors
In twenty years time there will be an app for the Penrith region so all the great one's illegitimate children can check to make sure they're not hooking up with a half sibling.

Hmmmm, this actually has me thinking - if the Panthers want to go to the next level - maybe they start a Chinese Olympic style breeding program?

Yep. I like Bellamy as a coach. My wife thinks I would behave exactly the same way if I were an ex-nrl player turned NL coach - sprays and all :D

He might carry on in the coaches box (I love it) but at the end of the match, he is as level headed and as reasonable as a coach gets. Only Zen Ivan comes close.
Having watched Ivan’s press conferences for a number of years, he needs to be a bit more comfortable with silence; he always feels he needs to say something to fill the gap.

Munky

Coach
Having watched Ivan’s press conferences for a number of years, he needs to be a bit more comfortable with silence; he always feels he needs to say something to fill the gap.

Bennett played Ivan like a fiddle in week 1 of the 2021 finals.

The whole reason for being silent is to make it so when you do speak the words are taken seriously and make a splash the media.

Really put Penrith off their game in week 1.

Ivan fortunately learned the lesson from that immediately.

Kilkenny

Coach
I probably should do myself a favour and watch a full replay of this game.

Im sure I would enjoy doing so.

The first 20 or so minutes were rather ordinary obviously but even so we did only concede of a charge down and the NAS try which most think should not have been awarded.

To come back in such a ruthless manner was pretty impressive.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

I don't agree with that. I think Ivan especially in the last 18months has done very well.....at not causing a stir up, not giving the media anything much to blow out of proportion.

I find his pressers......quite measured. He doesn't gush like some do, and he doesn't play the blame game.

snickers007

Juniors
I don't agree with that. I think Ivan especially in the last 18months has done very well.....at not causing a stir up, not giving the media anything much to blow out of proportion.

I find his pressers......quite measured. He doesn't gush like some do, and he doesn't play the blame game.

While I agree with the above, I find Ivan's pressers a bit boring to be honest. He leaves a lot of sentences unfinished because he is so aware of what the headline will be, so he cuts it short. You can read between the lines obviously - but it's a bit weird.

He's very, very reserved, and gives nothing away, downplays everything. Even when he praises individual players, it's always something like "we knew he was capable of that" instead of flat out saying "he was fantastic".

I do like how respectful he is of the opposition though. Win/lose/draw he doesn't shitbag them. I think he's very reluctant to discuss the opposition at all - his response is normally focussed on the Panthers.

I actually enjoy how candid Robbo and Sticky are. Not so much when they complain about the refs, but ordinarily they go into a lot more detail about the game and why it went a certain way.

betcats

Referee
I probably should do myself a favour and watch a full replay of this game.

Im sure I would enjoy doing so.

The first 20 or so minutes were rather ordinary obviously but even so we did only concede of a charge down and the NAS try which most think should not have been awarded.

To come back in such a ruthless manner was pretty impressive.

Having watched a replay knowing the result the first 20 minutes were a pleasure. Seeing how far on top the storm were and knowing we come back strong and dominate pretty quickly was great.

Goonji

Juniors
While I agree with the above, I find Ivan's pressers a bit boring to be honest. He leaves a lot of sentences unfinished because he is so aware of what the headline will be, so he cuts it short. You can read between the lines obviously - but it's a bit weird.

He's very, very reserved, and gives nothing away, downplays everything. Even when he praises individual players, it's always something like "we knew he was capable of that" instead of flat out saying "he was fantastic".

I do like how respectful he is of the opposition though. Win/lose/draw he doesn't shitbag them. I think he's very reluctant to discuss the opposition at all - his response is normally focussed on the Panthers.

I actually enjoy how candid Robbo and Sticky are. Not so much when they complain about the refs, but ordinarily they go into a lot more detail about the game and why it went a certain way.
There are a lot of idiots in the media masquearading as professional sports journalists e.g. NRL 360. Why give them any ammunitaion to turn it into whatever they want?

Hooked

Juniors

I am the same. I find Ivan's pressers boring. It puts me to sleep. I don't watch them anymore or other coaches. All one hears is ref bashing or whinging. I have better things to do with my time.

Anything good is usually quoted in the papers or on NRL.com. Or twisted in the Telecrap case to suit their attacks.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I am the same. I find Ivan's pressers boring. It puts me to sleep. I don't watch them anymore or other coaches. All one hears is ref bashing or whinging. I have better things to do with my time.

Anything good is usually quoted in the papers or on NRL.com. Or twisted in the Telecrap case to suit their attacks.
Ricky's pressers are better than most games

Kilkenny

Coach

I’m surprised as well Alice, I think Ivan acquits himself very professionally in his press conferences.