What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 18 v Storm

Girds89

Bench
Hope sorro is OK. He's offloads are really becoming a key attacking threat. He has excelled at 2nd row. No moving back now for him.

Great last 55 mins from the boys.

If we come up against them again the only thing I'd want to see different is really target NAS in defence. Was at the game and he was last back into the line every time but we barely targeted him.

We come up against them in a finals game and taking his attack out of the game making him work overtime in defence is a key. Get the faster men putting him under pressure having to back back to back tackles every set.

We saw it in the 2nd half he really gassed out. Thought we could've exploited him alot more.

But it was a great win. Epic with the roof on at marvel. All the lights and just the facilities of a modern stadium really makes you understand what panthers are missing.

A new ground with much better facilities I definitely needed.

The storms pre game last night was epic. Lights and fire and live music. It was 100 times better than anything I've seen at panthers.

We really need and deserve a new stadium

BossleyPanther

Juniors
Hope sorro is OK. He's offloads are really becoming a key attacking threat. He has excelled at 2nd row. No moving back now for him.

If we come up against them again the only thing I'd want to see different is really target NAS in defence. Was at the game and he was last back into the line every time but we barely targeted him.

We come up against them in a finals game and taking his attack out of the game making him work overtime in defence is a key. Get the faster men putting him under pressure having to back back to back tackles every set.

We saw it in the 2nd half he really gassed out. Thought we could've exploited him alot more.

But it was a great win. Epic with the roof on at marvel. All the lights and just the facilities of a modern stadium really makes you understand what panthers are missing.

The storms pre game last night was epic. Lights and fire and live music. It was 100 times better than anything I've seen at panthers.

Is anything going to happen with a new stadium? Where are we at with that?

Iamback

Coach

Sorro is fine. He was on the bench getting a massage.

Re the ground, Do they do the same at AAMI?

Parra and Allianz have a pretty lame light show, Marvel might be better set up

WestyLife

First Grade
Is it weird to call out tago while doing the baby making? Asking for a friend......

First half was heart attack material but to be fair the storm put everything they had into it. No team can go the full 80 with the Panther boys though it's insane.

Don't mind peachey in that 14 role myself. Covers a few positions and you limit his time for the obligatory mistakes and can hopefully gets some of his diamonds.

murraymob

Coach
Is it weird to call out tago while doing the baby making? Asking for a friend......

First half was heart attack material but to be fair the storm put everything they had into it. No team can go the full 80 with the Panther boys though it's insane.

Don't mind peachey in that 14 role myself. Covers a few positions and you limit his time for the obligatory mistakes and can hopefully gets some of his diamonds.
Only if your partner is wearing a tago face mask

John Hamblin

Juniors
Smashed. Mullered. Swamped. Yeo cut in half. NAS fending off players like he was swatting flys. Leota unable to hold the ball. The forwards making no yardage. 25 minutes of carnage. A sight we have seen many times when the Panthers play the Storm.

Ennis gets a lot of flack, but sometimes he is insightful. Watching the destruction unfold and 14-0 down, he looked at our team in the background and said "Look at the Penrith forwards. They aren't breathing heavy. They don't have their hands on their hips. Penrith are still in this". That statement sums up the Panthers culture. We are always in it. We don't give up. We don't panic. It ain't over till the final whistle blows. Bash us, smash us and thrash us but we will be back.

I can only imagine what it must be like to comprehensively smash the crap out of the opposition for 25 minutes only to see them keep coming like a pink wave of the undead.

I can only imagine what it is like to focus on stopping the Penrith back 5 making metres, only to watch every single one of them make 100m plus. To focus on kicking away from To'o and watch him still make over 200m. To target the captain, tackle him with the biggest human in the NRL, which was described by the commentators "as a tackle so hard it knocked him into the middle of last week", only to see him still top the tackle count and make more metres than every single Storm forward.

Imagine that. Relentless. Granite hard. No surrender. Just a pink awesomeness.

Last night 17 players and a coach went home and asked there parents to look under the bed and check there are no Panthers there. "Is it safe?"
Rooooooar!
Great post

snickers007

Juniors
Depends on the day of the week to be fair. Monday is Yeo day, gotta start the week strong.

I made a joke about Yeoy being my daughter's real dad (in front of my then 3 year old).

Now everytime the Panthers are on TV she asks "where's my real dad?"

She's going to her first live Panthers game in a few weeks, gonna have to get down to the fence after the game to let her meet the great man and get a photo.

MugaB

Coach
I made a joke about Yeoy being my daughter's real dad (in front of my then 3 year old).

She's going to her first live Panthers game in a few weeks, gonna have to get down to the fence after the game to let her meet the great man and get a photo.
Great stuff can meet her other siblings at the game too hawhawhawhaw

WestyLife

First Grade

That's cute as.

Munky

Coach
In twenty years time there will be an app for the Penrith region so all the great one's illegitimate children can check to make sure they're not hooking up with a half sibling.

Kilkenny

Coach
Just watched the replay. No cheap penalties in the last 50 minutes no easy get out for the Storm they could not get good field position therefore no threat. We just wore them down. Great win!!
Playing at Marvel Stadium neutralises the Storm fans. I have been at the old Olympic Park and their current stadium AAMI there fans are loud and noisy and influence the on field officials. They didn’t have that advantage at Marvel which is AFL. It was a big crowd announced as 26000 or thereabouts but they weren’t a factor once we got back in the contest. They tried but we neutralised their influence.