What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 18 v Storm

globalpanther

Juniors
Big game with bye next week.

Dyl
Turuva
Tago
Critta
To’o
Luai
Cogger
Leota
Kenny
JFH
Soro
Marto
Yeo

Soni
Lindsay
Leniu
Salmon/Hosking
18.Peachey

Fangs

Coach
Give Leniu the toughest assignment, shutting down Nelson.

I suppose you can't shut someone like that down but just go after him. I'm not really worried about anyone in their forward pack except him.

Michael Matral

Juniors
This round shapes up to be a very important one as it sets up our Top 4 nicely. Not the end of the world if we lose as the other top teams keep losing it seems but a win would be huge. With the bye to follow, this buys us some extra time for Nath to recover with the Dolphins game still 3 weeks away. We may or may not rest him depending on his recovery but after that we have a full strength side to take on the Bulldogs, Sharks, Storm again, Titans, the Eels and then the Cowboys for some pay back. Top 4 looking good.

martielang

Bench
I think I'd go back to Hosking on an edge and Sorensen back to the bench with Smith (unluckily) dropping out. Firms up our defense a little IMO and I think some more footwork around the middle v Storm could be effective.

betcats

Referee
IF we dont give them cheap possesion and field position our defence will get us over the line, honestly pretty much every game this year its our discipline that is the major factor in winning or losing, our attack has at times struggled but our defence is better than ever. Complete high and keep the relieving penalties to a minimum and it really takes a great performance to beat us, but if we invite teams into the game and put ourselves under pressure we can get in trouble, that is when we miss kiks and api, when we are looking for a big play to re-establish dominance on the game previous years we had so much class across the park we would always have someone come up with something, without those two now we are sometimes found lacking. But again our discipline is good we wouldn't be in that position because we just suffocate teams out of the game when we are playing well.

betcats

Referee
Didnt watch Melbourne this week but NAS has been spending time on an edge, need to look at how we will cover that especially if he lines up against cogger, Put Martin on him he loves a big fella like that, he can charge him and not have to worry about late footwork beating him.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I think I'd go back to Hosking on an edge and Sorensen back to the bench with Smith (unluckily) dropping out. Firms up our defense a little IMO and I think some more footwork around the middle v Storm could be effective.
This is a hard one.

I’ve loved what Smith has brought to the team, but Hosking is so solid on the right.

I tend to agree. Id go Marto on the Left with Hosking on the Right.

Munky

Coach
Didnt watch Melbourne this week but NAS has been spending time on an edge, need to look at how we will cover that especially if he lines up against cogger, Put Martin on him he loves a big fella like that, he can charge him and not have to worry about late footwork beating him.

I reckon NAS will be used to target Luke.

Be interesting to see if he gets on the field. If so I hope not at the same time as Kenny. We seem to lose the middle defending with both on together.

Iamback

Coach

Hosking had a stint in the middle on the weekend and was pretty good even if they want to keep Sorro starting

WestyLife

First Grade

Imagine running straight and hard at Martin. Pretty much assisted suicide.

Iamback

Coach

It is a good challenge across the board this week