What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 2 2023: Non Parra games

Those reflections are particularly worrying, given Hodgson appears also to have lost (or been instructed to abandon) his running game, to fit BA's idea of a system...

Given our rigid and inflexible game plans and coaching and diminished squad, I'm suspecting we largely fluked our way to the GF last year, and the same fluke isn't going to work again.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Those reflections are particularly worrying, given Hodgson appears also to have lost (or been instructed to abandon) his running game, to fit BA's idea of a system...

Given our rigid and inflexible game plans and coaching and diminished squad, I'm suspecting we largely fluked our way to the GF last year, and the same fluke isn't going to work again.
Every team that makes the grand final has some luck, much like plenty of teams that miss the grand final are a bit unlucky. The exception is those dominant minor premiers who need exceptionally bad luck to lose finals matches.

It’s why most soccer comps don’t use a finals system. It’s far more random than a competition ladder. It’s why cups are less prestigious than the league.

Soto

Bench
Opposition coaches know to play compressed against us in the middle. We barely give the ball air. It's a lot of one out stuff. Very predictable and little variety. I think we did fluke it last year. I was hoping a Stephen Bradbury type victory in the GF..wasn't to be. Penrith outpointed us in every facet. On and off the field. Fair dinkum keeping the same routine and not embraching the GF with a siege like mentality, going into camp, training at the ground etc. Fkn amateur hour

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He is. He also said ciraldo has brought back the confidence to his game. Allowing to focus on his strengths and running game etc...speak volumes about why he probably also was happy to go...probably didn't want to just shovel the ball and tackle..
He is the second best player in Canterbury’s spine. He wasn’t even the third best in ours. Of course we didn’t want to waste quick play-the-balls on him.

hindy111

Post Whore
Every team that makes the grand final has some luck, much like plenty of teams that miss the grand final are a bit unlucky. The exception is those dominant minor premiers who need exceptionally bad luck to lose finals matches.

It’s why most soccer comps don’t use a finals system. It’s far more random than a competition ladder. It’s why cups are less prestigious than the league.

Penrith must of been lucky 3 yrs in a row

Soto

Bench
He is the second best player in Canterbury’s spine. He wasn’t even the third best in ours. Of course we didn’t want to waste quick play-the-balls on him.
You should've been called up by the Aussie cricket selectors for the tour of India. Spinners delight over there

IFR33K

Coach
He is. He also said ciraldo has brought back the confidence to his game. Allowing to focus on his strengths and running game etc...speak volumes about why he probably also was happy to go...probably didn't want to just shovel the ball and tackle..

Yeah I heard the post game interview.

IFR33K

Coach
Opposition coaches know to play compressed against us in the middle. We barely give the ball air. It's a lot of one out stuff. Very predictable and little variety. I think we did fluke it last year. I was hoping a Stephen Bradbury type victory in the GF..wasn't to be. Penrith outpointed us in every facet. On and off the field. Fair dinkum keeping the same routine and not embraching the GF with a siege like mentality, going into camp, training at the ground etc. Fkn amateur hour

The other reason teams play compressed against us is because we have no genuine speedsters out wide. Being predictable without speed is worrying.

strider

Post Whore
I replayed it. Solid head clash .... i will give him this one .... otherwise the merkin is made of glass

Latest posts