What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 2 2024: 8pm Penrith v Eels GAME DAY THREAD @ Bluebet Stadium March 15th

JokerEel

Coach
I will Say even though he was pretty quiet on Friday Will's Stats look ok.. He and Russell made less than 100m in the dogs game and against the Panthers made over 150m each.

It's nothing like the Panthers but still not a bad dig.

lucablight

First Grade
I would say Dylan Brown is too important in his current position in the defensive line to consider replacing with a player who has no experience there. Teams build their defensive systems around the strengths of the players they have, and the footy smarts of their halves are taken into account. This means the three in position isn’t just somewhere you can stick a back rower and hope for the best. If Tuilagi (or Cartwright or Hands) had been defending there they would’ve been targeted with various combinations of half, back rower and fullback on their inside and outside shoulder.

Just accept that the coaching staff aren’t dumber than us deadshits, and they have considered the possibilities.
Well I guess we’ll never know because none of those players well moved 3 in.
You have this habit of taking what the coaching staff/club does and starting with the assumption they are correct and then twisting yourself into knots trying to justify why instead of following the evidence where it leads. You’re way too dogmatic in thinking the coaching staff isn’t capable of making mistakes. I agree that they have more technical knowledge than us armchair critics ever will and you’d hope so considering this is literally what they do for a living. That doesn’t mean they can’t mistakes or that us armchair critics can’t have an opinion on it or point them out. This is demonstrable btw. You don’t have to be Jack Gibson to know that Kidwell screwed up when he forgot about Taumalolo on the bench for NZ or that Fittler erred when he played Anasta at fullback. You need to accept that sometimes criticism can be warranted and that even us fans (who pour a lot of energy and money into this) are entitled to an opinion. Only cults don’t allow criticism of their leaders. If you’re going to start with the conclusion that the coaching staff is infallible then you will never be able to have an intellectually honest discussion. Data over dogma.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You have this habit of taking what the coaching staff/club does and starting with the assumption they are correct
No, I just start with the assumption that they know what they’re doing.

Every decision carries risk and there is always the opportunity cost of all the alternate options that didn’t happen. This is obvious, and no coach knows how his decisions will pan out when confronted with the opposition. It doesn’t mean he wasn’t aware of the risk, as you (and anyone) implies when they make criticisms in hindsight.

These merkins know what they’re doing. Stop second guessing them ffs. It makes you look ignorant and I don’t come on footy forums to have discussions with ignorant people. lol

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Can you know what you’re doing but still make an error in judgment? If so, how would this be demonstrated?
It would look very much like not knowing what you’re doing.

Think of it like punting. If you back a team at $3 you shouldn’t be surprised when they lose. Likewise, losing on that bet doesn’t mean you were wrong or didn’t know the odds, any more than winning means you knew they were going to win. The result doesn’t say anything about your judgement. This could only be determined by looking at your results over time. A large sample, if you will.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Whose leg lift does Annesley think was missed? In our favour, or against...
Dog Workout GIF

Gronk

Staff member
Ffs scroll up to my post
What I thought was funny, was that when Annesley was explaining how Yeo was innocent in the downtown rule, and showed the replay on repeat, Yeo’s play-the-ball was a roll on the ground and his foot never touched it. No try.

King-Gutho94

Coach
What I thought was funny, was that when Annesley was explaining how Yeo was innocent in the downtown rule, and showed the replay on repeat, Yeo’s play-the-ball was a roll on the ground and his foot never touched it. No try.

Annseley is the biggest dribbler i have seen.

No matter how wrong the officials got it wrong they were still right.

JokerEel

Coach

Ain't bothering watching 34 minutes of crap but what's he mean Yeo was innocent.

Is that a new rule? If your downtown but innocent it's not a penalty?

Latest posts