What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 6 Bluebags versus Balmain

2 True Blues

Coach
So who is coming to Henson on Saturday to cheer the boys on.???

We are coming tenth and need a win to get back in the top eight.

Injuries will be hurting us and I reckon the fans should all be there for this game and need to get loud and vocal !!!!

Balmain will probably have ex Jets Thommas GEMMEL and Frank SAMIA amongst others playin against us.

The Neil PRINGLE trouphy could be going elsewhere and I would hate to see that happen. Let's all get behind the boys this Saturday.

Who's coming to the game ???

2 True Blues

Coach
Shane Shackleton Shoulder 4-6 weeks
Nigel Plum Knee 2-3 weeks
Adrian Morley Wrist 1-2 weeks
Ryan Cross Ankle 5-6 weeks
Craig Fitzgibbon Ankle 1-2 weeks
Adam Schubert Knee 2-3 weeks
Michael Lett Ankle 6-8 weeks
John DOYLE Hamstring 4-5 weeks
Lafi MANUA ???
Joel Monahan Knee Season

NOT GOOD AT ALL !!!

hrundi99

First Grade
I'm working at Campbelltown on Sunday but I'll try to convince the wife I can spare 2 hours...

2 True Blues

Coach
It's on Saturday mate ??!!.....And you will need more than two hours as Jim Beam is on first up....

Appears we don't have to worry about GALLOWAY on Saturday either as he is on the bench for first grade.....Atleast Balmain have some injuries in NRL as well. Hope it will even things out a tad, however their Premier league side is coming second in the comp I think. Gonna be a tough game for sure....

hrundi99

First Grade
2 True Blues said:
It's on Saturday mate ??!!.....And you will need more than two hours as Jim Beam is on first up....

I thought you were married?

If i'm working on Sunday, then the wife wants face time on the Saturday...you dig?

2 True Blues

Coach

hrundi99 said:
I thought you were married?

If i'm working on Sunday, then the wife wants face time on the Saturday...you dig?

Maybe that's why I am not married...LOL.......Bring her to the game mate.......

2 True Blues

Coach

Jeffles said:
Jim Beam Cup are away to Erina on Friday.

It is a stand alone PL game.

Ok mate, cheers !! Glad I didnt get there at 1pm then...LOL.........So kickoff in the Prem/league will be at 3pm yeah ??

2 True Blues

Coach

newtownbluebags said:
sh*t :shock: 10th place!, that hurts ](*,)

1/ Eels 204/59 plus 145 10 points
2/ TIGERS 129/82 plus 47 10 points
3/ Dragons 120/62 plus 58 6 points
4/ Manly 156/126 plus 30 6 points
5/ Raiders 174/154 plus 20 6 points
6/ Sharks 132/116 plus 16 6 points
7/ Cougars 122/124 Minus 2 6 points
8/ Rabbits 110/128 Minus 18 6 points
9/ Bears 130/132 Minus 2 4 points
10/ JETS 154/182 Minus 28 4 points
11/ Knights 116/146 Minus 30 4 points
12/ Wests 89/201 Minus 112 0
13/ Berries 96/220 Minus 124 0

Balmain have had a BYE but have won all four of their matches to remain undefeated. Have the SEVENTH best attack thus far in the comp but the THIRD best defence !!

Jets have won two from five matches. Have the FOURTH best attack however have the THIRD worst defence out of the whole comp. Only Wests and Canterbury who are both on ZERO have a worse defence thus far !!!

***Bring your yelling voices to the match guys !! ***

bucks1972

Juniors
I will be there for sure. Am really looking forward to this one.

Just saw team sheet for this week and there have a been alot of changes as you would expect with all the injuries at the Rossters. For mine, the biggest is Josh Lweis to 5/8, Sa bak to lock and Mitchell Pearce up from Flegg.

I have made a point to go and watch Flegg over the past few weeks and Mitchell Pearce has been going very very well. I think that he will give the Jets plenty of control and options around the ground. Has a good kicking game, which should take some pressure of Josh Lewis.

For those that are unaware, Mitchell Pearce is the son of Balmain legend Wayne Pearce. So hopefully, he will be able to get the Jets over the line over his old mans club!!

Also, great to see Andrew Le Breton back for injury in the starting line-up.

Full team is:

1. Aidan Kirk
2. Troy Malcolm
3. Lelea Paea
4. Andrew Le Breton
5. Vince Mellars
6. Josh Lewis
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Frank Nuuausala
9. Heath L'Estrange
10. Danny Williams
11. Daniel Dumas
12. Mickey Paea
13. Setaimata Sa

14. Michael Burns
15. Luke Gordon
16. Lafi Manua
17. David Vial

hrundi99

First Grade
2 True Blues said:

Maybe that's why I am not married...LOL.......Bring her to the game mate.......

She's paid her dues in going to footy games.

Truth be told, my Dad's going to be in hospital with a serious illness and I'll most likely be at the hospital.

I haven't taken him to Henson yet but I'm certainly planning to in the future.

brook

First Grade
The Balmain Ryde Eastwood Tigers side to take on the Newtonw at Hensen Park on 15 Apr is:

1 Ben Jeffrey
2 John Sinisa
3 Keith Eshman
4 Frank Samia
5 Taniela Tuiaki
6 Jono Rolfe
7 Ben Reynolds
8 Stacey Katu
9 Rangi Chase
10 Jarrod Saffy
11 Sam Harris
12 Tevita Metuisella
13 Bronson Harrison
Interchange
14 Corey Niwa
15 Tommy Gemmel
16 Sam Moa
17 Jamie Nowland

I wouldn't be too excited about us not having galloway - he hasn't really had an impact in the PL games he's played this year and Saffy is just as big anyway :D

2 True Blues

Coach
Hope your old man gets better soon mate.......

I had not forgotten that Tommy left. His defence and efforts have been missed in every game so far this season !!

So we have John SINISA, GEMMEL and Frank SAMIA back at Henson in the wrong coloured jerseys!!!.

I suppose on a positive is Andrew Le BRETON back in the starting side, Lafi MANUA back from injury and Sa back into a position where he seems able to make more of an impact.

However: Players missing since round one Nigel PLUM, MEREDITH,HALL (Shillington), Edmondson, Doyle, Tonga and Lett. Bugger !!!.

HALL, MEREDITH and EDMONDSON have been among our best so far this season. My money would be on an undefeated Balmain side for sure without these blokes in the side. However my heart will obviously be with the Jets.
This could be a tougher game than I even thought without these guys in the side.

Jets need all available fans on deck for this one, come on peoples cheer loud on Saturday, let's not make it 4 lossess from six, we have to WIN this one !!

**** Just read the match report at www.newtownjets.com Thought HALL and MEREDITH were great against the Sharks and they did in fact lead the tackle count. A devastating loss to the side that takes on Balmain this Saturday ****

brook

First Grade
Congrats guys - I couldn't get out to the game but I've heard the result :(

It seems like we are incapable of winning at Henson