What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd.6 v Broncos

mxlegend99

Referee
What he said was that their players had just as much talent as ours. The suggestion being that they aren't performing accordingly. I don't think he meant a slight on the Panthers by it but he could have expressed himself better.
In a few cases he's not wrong... But the spines are worlds apart.

Backs would be close aside from To'o who is a class above the others all round. Staines/Coates. Staggs/Critta. Momirovski/Farnworth are close.

Packs though... Well our only weakness IMO is Eisenhuth. Broncos have only Haas and TPJ you would consider adding to our pack and even then you wouldnt really want to make 2 spaces for them both.

Fangs

Coach
If Charlie gets a run back there and makes a couple mistakes are people going to write him off as a fullback? Because he will 100 percent make mistakes, he has dropped a couple bombs this year how many chances does he get before the "he isnt a fullback" gets declared around here?

He will make mistakes. Its about whether the rest of his game outweighs that. I think he has potential as a fullback.

Crichton is clearly the fullback until Edwards returns and he now gets a chance to tear up a woeful Broncos outfit. Its ready made for him to impress.

franklin2323

Immortal
He will make mistakes. Its about whether the rest of his game outweighs that. I think he has potential as a fullback.

Crichton is clearly the fullback until Edwards returns and he now gets a chance to tear up a woeful Broncos outfit. Its ready made for him to impress.

If Burton wasn't doing a job at centre it would be a no brainer but Naden would be onto the wing and Burton out. He will get his chance soon enough back there

Smug Panther

First Grade
If Charlie gets a run back there and makes a couple mistakes are people going to write him off as a fullback? Because he will 100 percent make mistakes, he has dropped a couple bombs this year how many chances does he get before the "he isnt a fullback" gets declared around here?
Not me. I've been ok with Critters fumbles, it's his effort that's the worry. If Staines makes a few mistakes attacking the ball so be it

betcats

Referee

He certainly has potential I am keen to see him get a run but It feels like some expect a fullback to be mistake free of they are not up to it. Charlie physically would be put under a lot of pressure, he knows the position better but fullbacks spend a lot of time returning kicks with a good kick chase coming to get them, he would get manhandled more, we would start sets on the back foot more. While I would give him a little taste in a game when we were up I think a year on the wing will do his long term development a world of good.

Fangs

Coach
Is it true that Crichton was offered opportunuties at fullback as part of his contract?

After the DWZ situation I'd prefer it isn't true.

Fangs

Coach
He certainly has potential I am keen to see him get a run but It feels like some expect a fullback to be mistake free of they are not up to it. Charlie physically would be put under a lot of pressure, he knows the position better but fullbacks spend a lot of time returning kicks with a good kick chase coming to get them, he would get manhandled more. While I would give him a little taste in a game when we were up I think a year on the wing will do his long term development a world of good.

Staines is getting the RTS style progression to fullback. Played wing while Minichello kept the 1. And from memory they swapped during games anyway.

chrisD

Coach
Depends on if his mistakes display a complete lack of the required positional sense for a fullback. Edwards dropped a lot of ball in patches, but never looked like he didn't know where he was supposed to be on the field, and accordingly no-one ever said he wasn't a fullback.

betcats

Referee
Depends on if his mistakes display a complete lack of the required positional sense for a fullback. Edwards dropped a lot of ball in patches, but never looked like he didn't know where he was supposed to be on the field, and accordingly no-one ever said he wasn't a fullback.

And yet Critta has shown good positional play most of the time he spent at fullback. Once or twice he has been out of position and people ignore all the times he is in position. To say he cant play fullback based on that is ridiculous. Fullbacks get caught out of position, it definitely happened to edwards.

chrisD

Coach
And yet Critta has shown good positional play most of the time he spent at fullback. Once or twice he has been out of position and people ignore all the times he is in position. To say he cant play fullback based on that is ridiculous. Fullbacks get caught out of position, it definitely happened to edwards.
Yeah that's nonsense, people correctly wrote Whare off after two games at fullback. No-one is going to be out of position all the time and not often when the kicks that are coming are obvious. You're not a fullback by being where you're supposed to be most of the time.

franklin2323

Immortal
Edwards is the side's fullback

Crichton is filling in. Staines likely makes the same errors due not being experienced in FG.

People want perfection that is impossible to be there. When we next play a hard team Edwards will be back so it is irrelevant what issues he is having now

Crichton is filling in. Staines likely makes the same errors due not being experienced in FG.

People want perfection that is impossible to be there. When we next play a hard team Edwards will be back so it is irrelevant what issues he is having now

I think there’s a much better chance Staines reads the play better than Crichton. Errors are hard to say.

It’s definitely not irrelevant what issues he’s having now, though. Edwards has a long injury history, fullback is a key position, who plays the position if Edwards gets injured at the pointy end of the season could be critical.

chrisD

Coach

Edwards could get injured again.

Ivan considering Naden the real back up and Crichton a makeshift while Naden is underdone makes some sense.

WestyLife

First Grade

I gave him credit for improving and said after second watch it looks like a confidence thing.

Smug Panther

First Grade
I think there’s a much better chance Staines reads the play better than Crichton. Errors are hard to say.

It’s definitely not irrelevant what issues he’s having now, though. Edwards has a long injury history, fullback is a key position, who plays the position if Edwards gets injured at the pointy end of the season could be critical.
100%

betcats

Referee
Yeah that's nonsense, people correctly wrote Whare off after two games at fullback. No-one is going to be out of position all the time and not often when the kicks that are coming are obvious. You're not a fullback by being where you're supposed to be most of the time.

Speaking about Whare as if it is relevant at all is nonsense

Critta has been where he supposed to be most of the time that is my point! Its literally two plays that he wasnt where he should be. If he isn't where he should be most of the time you should be able to give me plenty of examples from the last two week so please fire away....